Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th August 2006, 15:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

When the guy in front starts zig zagging in front of you , what do u do ? I thought he was just trying to make his point and will move away but I guess I judged wrong and when a huge vehicle like the Endeavour is moving ,rather swaying, in front , its better to slow down. And he parked the Endy at an 45 degree angle - its not that I couldnt get away but I thought this might be an heated exchange of words , infact was quite prepared to show the olive branch. Had 2 elderly people in the car.........

Its all done and over with now. The only point I'm stressing here is - Let the other guy "feel good" in situations like this , its better to say "Sorry" and move away rather than make things ugly.

But the bloody chamchas ...who will make these uneducated , uncouth buggers understand .....they get blinded by power ....

RKS - the question here is not "why you engaged the *desperate* accord but why did you drive a santro that fast through the ghats inciting the accord to do the same...that is more important thing here.

And before I forget - "thanks guys for the concern , Uncle and me both are fine - nothing major thankfully"

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th August 2006 at 15:58.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 15:57   #47
Team-BHP Support

RKS, can you kindly stop advocating the highspeed solution. NC did what was wise given the situation. We don't condone or encourage reckless behavior in Team-BHP. - Mod team
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 16:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
The only point I'm stressing here is - Let the other guy "feel good" in situations like this , its better to say "Sorry" and move away rather than make things ugly.
I agree with you 100% and can understand what you must have gone through.....Man!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 16:25   #49
BHPian

N_C, I feel extremely sorry for you. You did the correct thing at that moment. The situation is very unfortunate.

But I still feel that you need to highlight the incident to media. It is highly unlikely that they will be punished but if everything is published then at least they should think twice before doing it again.

I believe there are some bhp-ians who have good political connections. It will be good if they are kind enough to pursue this - at least to save some fellow bhp-ians suffering similar fate.
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 16:38   #50
BHPian

This rane guy also had an E class that almost hit a woman yesterday at bandra, he had one to a friends store to get his o2 additional programs and his whole cavalcade was with him...they hauled abusive spurs at the lady while driving away and this has me thinking...N_C f***ing theres nothing more annoying than hearing what happened to you...it pisses me off majorly man..I'm really sorry to hear this yaar.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 17:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

NC, I am sorry for the ordeal you under went. Wish you & ur uncle a speedy recovery. But, I know, the scar will take sometime to heal.
Am surprised, that this incident took place in MH, but is a common sight in Bihar, UP etc.
These power drunk politicans and their relatives will resort to the meanest ways if some commoner dare to come in their way.
As most of us rightly suggested, better you take a break, relax and take it as a lesson to be learnt.
Better we avoid these maniacs, and if it all we come across them, ignore them and lets go on our own way.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 17:38   #52
BHPian

NC, glad to know that you and your uncle are doing ok. Though frustrating, you did the right thing by not retaliating. Sometimes our anger gets the better of us and we end up regretting the consequences later on. I am pretty hot headed my self and cannot say that I would have reacted the way you did. Hats off buddy.

That said, this kind of news is what our TV channels thrive on. However if you decide to go to them you will have to be ready to face trouble (and there defineately can be lots of it). Amazingly these guys come to power because we vote for them and this is their way of thanking us. It's a shame. We are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. I hope you get justice in one way or another. Take care my friend. Justice will be done - be rest assured.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 17:53   #53
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
RKS, can you kindly stop advocating the highspeed solution. NC did what was wise given the situation. We don't condone or encourage reckless behavior in Team-BHP. - Mod team
I am not "advocating" or "not advocating" anything. I have made my position clear as to what I would have done. I stand by it. But to each his own.

Edit: The party line is what the title of this thread says-- drive within rules and get a bloodied nose (or maybe worse too).

Last edited by rks : 11th August 2006 at 18:12.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 17:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

MH/Mumbai is slowly going UP/Bihar way...
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:14   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To be honest, I am speechless! Have only heard of these kind of incidents but for it to happen to a friend makes my blood boil. What the heck were they thinking? Its nothing but a power trip for the illiterate morons, who think shaking the "saabs" gives them one up.

I am glad that you and the occupants (especially your uncle) are fine. Get the media on it. Better yet, get the Sena on it. You probably arent contemplating any action and maybe...thats the wiser. But revenge is sweet, isnt it?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:19   #56
BHPian

Keep your chin up N_C. All of us are behind you.

I have learnt from your post.

I will never get 'inside' a convoy. I will not overtake a convoy unless somebody else does. I will slow down to let a convoy pass.

Also I always drive with my windows rolled up and all four doors locked. Always.

I hope you take this as a learning experience.
ritik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:44   #57
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Guys,

When the guy in front starts zig zagging in front of you , what do u do ? I thought he was just trying to make his point and will move away but I guess I judged wrong and when a huge vehicle like the Endeavour is moving ,rather swaying, in front , its better to slow down. And he parked the Endy at an 45 degree angle - its not that I couldnt get away but I thought this might be an heated exchange of words , infact was quite prepared to show the olive branch. Had 2 elderly people in the car.........
You did what was right once the Endeavour got ahead of you and considering that you had two aged people in the car. Legally you are not obliged to stop for anybody other than the police. I hope Team-BHP does not advocate stopping as a general response in these kinds of situations. That would be fatal if, say some suspicious character is giving chase to you in a desolate stretch at night. And it wouldn't be the smartest thing to observe the speed limit in such an emergency.

Quote:
RKS - the question here is not "why you engaged the *desperate* accord but why did you drive a santro that fast through the ghats inciting the accord to do the same...that is more important thing here.
I didn't really incite the Accord. He was already at very high speeds -- he passed me prior to the ghats at super-high speeds (170+ kmph), I passed him in the ghats at 80-90 kmph, and he passed me again after the exit toll gate.

I sometimes drive fast on the Expressway -- I deny that my driving is "reckless". There are may in T-BHP who have exceeded 155 kmph on the Expressway. And nobody observes the speed limit of 80 kmph.

The point I made in that post was that it is theoretically possible to make it to the exit toll gate in the situation that you faced. That is an interesting fact that deserves to be aired on this forum for the benefit of readers who are not familiar with the Expressway. Once you get to the exit toll gate, you are safe. Is that the safer option as compared to stopping? Depends. If you and your uncles had gotten seriously injured by these guys, everybody would be singing a different tune. So there should be a free discussion of these complex issues in T-BHP without anybody butting in and imposing censorship.
Old 11th August 2006, 19:57   #58
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
To be honest, I am speechless! Have only heard of these kind of incidents but for it to happen to a friend makes my blood boil. What the heck were they thinking? Its nothing but a power trip for the illiterate morons, who think shaking the "saabs" gives them one up.

I am glad that you and the occupants (especially your uncle) are fine. Get the media on it. Better yet, get the Sena on it. You probably arent contemplating any action and maybe...thats the wiser. But revenge is sweet, isnt it?
To be frank, I am not comfortable with using the Shiv Sena to get back at some one. Even in this situation. The methods by which the Shiv Sena operates are as objectionable as the methods of Mr. Rane, junior -- in fact, more so. You might use the SS today in your favour, tomorrow somebody else would do the same against you. And we would only plunge further into lawlessness and total anarchy.
Old 11th August 2006, 20:09   #59
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Keep your chin up N_C. All of us are behind you.

I have learnt from your post.

I will never get 'inside' a convoy. I will not overtake a convoy unless somebody else does. I will slow down to let a convoy pass.

Also I always drive with my windows rolled up and all four doors locked. Always.

I hope you take this as a learning experience.
From one point of view, you can understand the security guys' problem when a vehicle gets into the convoy. They have to make sure that the vehicle does not have hostile intentions. On the other hand, Mr. Rane, Junior does not own the road and has no right to decide who can overtake and who cannot. If the Prime Minister or Chief Minister were involved I can understand their anger. In this case the convoy should simply let the faster vehicle pass.

Last edited by rks : 11th August 2006 at 20:12.
Old 11th August 2006, 20:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

I am so sorry ,this happened . I know how it feels to in that sitiuation and only 2 of you and all those guys ,really cannt do much .
Damn ,even if you try to fill an FIR ,police will try to avoid it and even if you try to manage to fill one then there are chances that you will be troubled more. They might harm or toruble your family members , you sisters or brother who go alone .At the end they will make you withdraw the case . You are helpless .

Sometimes i feel the only way to remove a thorn is by thorn only . You also be as bad as him ,make sure you do a clean job ,with out leaving anything back,not even the person .

Last edited by black12rr : 11th August 2006 at 20:17.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote