Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 22nd May 2015, 08:54   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Woman throws brick at traffic cop's motorcycle. Cop throws brick at woman. Cop sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Of course, it would have to be applied to buses, taxis, VIPs, etc as well as everybody else.
Duality exists here.
The rule here in our state is as follows. If your car flaunts a red beacon or if it has a badge proclaiming itself to be belonging to the so called authorities, you can over-speed, bully others on the road, park where ever you want, break traffic signals, blare at the horn and scare people waiting at the zebra crossing and those riding two wheelers. Though CCTVs fine them as it is automated, those fines are never imposed.

Ultimately it is the ordinary tax payers who has to bear "all" the burden

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 22nd May 2015 at 09:04.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 15:51   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Woman throws brick at traffic cop's motorcycle. Cop throws brick at woman. Cop sacked

Yes. The continuation of that scenario is what I fear, if not expect.

The only thing that I can imagine making a real difference here is VIPs at chief-minister level giving value to the road-safety question, and insisting on their members/functionaries/officials setting an example. I'm sure these people aren't concerned about fines, which they are not going to pay anyway, but party discipline/expulsion? That would strike cold fear into many of them.

Leaders can make a difference. If they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Accepting verbal abuse is NOT a part of anyone's 'Job'!

Ofcourse cop shouldn't have hit the woman, no if's / but's about that.

P.S. : If you've been behaving that way, I suggest you STOP! Who knows, businesses will start employing bouncers to 'deal' with abusive customers like you!
I don't abuse individuals, but I do not hold back when it comes to my dissatisfaction with service --- and with dismissive scripted response to same.

I often (I wish it didn't have to be often) tell people that I am sorry that they are getting my anger, it is their company that I am angry with not them.

I think you are wrong, though: abuse is certainly part of some jobs, such as sales cold calling, where the caller is simply an unwanted interruption to most of their targets. My way of dealing with these people is polite: I simply say, "no thank you, I am not interested," and cut the call. I actually don't believe in wasting the time of sales people when I know that I am not going to buy whatever they say: let them get on to the next victim, where they might have more luck.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th May 2015 at 16:02.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 10:40   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

OK, help me understand this better. The lady throws a brick first. The cop also throws a brick. But its the cop who should be booked for 'attempted murder' right?

This is why the cop should be booked for attempted murder!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...olice-rto.html
mvadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 08:27   #139
Senior - BHPian

Being a public servant a cop needs to know and respect rules, more so than a common citizen. So while the woman is wrong in hitting the cop, the cop is negligent in reciprocating back. Good he is booked for attempted murder, deserves to loose his uniform.
If the cop arrested the woman after she assaulted him, she would have gone to jail, looks like she is walking free now, thanks to the cops abusive behaviour.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote