Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th March 2017, 09:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ladakh Taxi Mafia now wants to completely ban outside vehicles (including private cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
And to clarify, Self drive cars ARE allowed TILL Leh right? So I can use a Zoomcar hire, drive to Leh, park it in Leh and hire a local taxi for Nubra, Pangong etc?
Yes that is what is the scene till last year. No reports later to that as season is yet to start.

However be mentally prepared to politely explain your plan and be accommodative if stopped on the way.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 10:15   #92
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ladakh Taxi Mafia now wants to completely ban outside vehicles (including private cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
From most of the posts in the final pages, can I conclude that its safe to drive private vehicles if owner is also present? RC Book ownership compared against a DL at the Union check-post is what I understand.

Season is approaching and I am all ears to know any latest developments or updates.
We drove to Ladakh in August 2016, we did not come across any checkpoints.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 09:34   #93
BHPian

I think the position remains the same. Self drive vehicles are allowed till Leh. And then we need to hire a local taxi for sightseeing.

Anyone did a trip on a self drive vehicle this year?
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 08:07   #94
BHPian

bump. Anyone who took a self drive to Leh and is willing to share their experience?
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote