Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th September 2006, 17:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

N_C dude whats going on with you man???
i believe this is the third real bad incident in the past few weeks,
dude visit some baba for your satisfaction or deposit some bucks in my a/c i will start praying for you....
Dude you better take care...
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
As for NC, I think you need to visit the local bar to undo your bad luck. Alchohol is gods own tonic for shani cure
Lagta hai kuch kamee reh gayi - local bar mein
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 17:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
And the guy tells me - aap ne brake maara emergency - arre @@#%^ when the lights are red , we are supposed to stop. Did he expect me to accelerate ??
last year, Same thing happend to my petra, tata 207 banged my car from behind while I stopped at the signals. Damage was Rs7000 ( for dent& paint) of which he only paid Rs2000 :(
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 17:57   #19
rks
BANNED

A few months back I was following a Qualis on the Pune bypass road (NH-4) towards Katraj. Just underneath the bridge at Wakad junction, a sizeable piece of metal seemed to come flying from underneath the Qualis and hit my Santro hood with such force that a small hole was punched into it just an inch above the front right headlight. Eventually had to get that fixed for Rs. 2000 -- including full hood paint job. I am still not sure whether the metal piece came from underneath the Qualis or whether it dropped from the bridge above. Sure was lucky that the headlight didn't get damaged or even worse, the metal piece didn't penetrate the windscreen and hit me.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 16:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

The MAYHEM continues - Today at 1500 hrs in Sector 17 , Vashi - front left tyre bursts - there was a bulge due to the tyre going thru potholed roads daily. Thank God it did not burst yesterday night at 2 am when I was returning from the meet.

Im going back to my beloved "Zulu" now.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 10th September 2006 at 18:00.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 18:19   #21
BANNED

Quote:
The MAYHEM continues - Today at 1500 hrs in Sector 17 , Vashi - front left tyre bursts - there was a bulge due to the tyre going thru potholed roads daily. Thank God it did not burst yesterday night at 2 am when I was returning from the meet.

Hey,

I had told you to change the tyre asap during the Sunny Dhabha meet remember. Also make sure that your spare rim is of the same rim size as your tyres(need not be same width) so that you can switch to the spare.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 19:43   #22
BANNED

Quote:

Take Ram's advice...get the pooja done.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 10:27   #23
BHPian

NC - Tough luck, hope you have better luck!

Off topic: What is the "Zulu"? And why?
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:54   #24
BHPian

OH MI GOSH....
have been reading the same thread and so many...NC get a grip of ur devil on ur hood!!!! get satyanrayana pooja done on your vehicle...it seriously might help....
babe_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:58   #25
rks
BANNED

Quote:
The MAYHEM continues - Today at 1500 hrs in Sector 17 , Vashi - front left tyre bursts - there was a bulge due to the tyre going thru potholed roads daily.
Had exactly the same problem just today while driving back from Mumbai. The problem became progressively worse as I approached Pune at about 10-30 AM -- the car was pulling markedly to the right and I felt strong vibrations on the steering wheel even at slow speeds. Couldn't find anything wrong with tyres on visual inspection, so drove straight to the workshop at Pune--sure enough, there was a marked bulge in the front left tyre which was visible when the car was jacked up. Replaced with spare wheel. The mechanic says it is due to potholes.

Thank God there was no tyre burst while on the Expressway -- need to change my tyres before next week -- have done 34000 kms, about 23000 in the last year and a half, and my tyres are 6 years old now.

Last edited by rks : 11th September 2006 at 13:05.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 15:57   #26
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
Off topic: What is the "Zulu"? And why?
Zulu is the name, normally_crazy has given
to his beautiful Spanish Red
2002 Ford Ikon 1.6 SXi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=162

Why Zulu? Beats me!
But let me volunteer an interpretation anyway.
In the Zulu African language, Zulu means heaven, or sky.
In the NATO Phonetic alphabet Zulu is the last word in the code alphabet.

So normally_crazy's Spanish red Ikon is the last heavenly word in cool cars!
I love its stunning color and looks.

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 16:37   #27
BHPian

Ah! So there's a good back up choice for NC!

Hey if your back up vehicle is a 1.6 Ikon, what is your premier vehicle? I'm jealous already. Good luck again dude.
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 17:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

What is all this advice by t-bhpians - hold poojas and so forth? Simply write / campaign your favourite MLA/Court/Municipality/AA about the sorry state of infrastructure for which we pay huge amount of taxes. (and as if that is going to work - goes off and mutters prayer for bharatmata). God help us all.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 15:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Something similar happened to me recently in our Palio.
Our driver (who works in dad's factory in Akola but had to come to Mumbai as we are running short of drivers) was taking me to school from Cuffe Parade to Juhu in the Palio.
On the way, around 5 min from school, there was this huge pothole in which our slammed into at the speed of 40kmph. Becuase of the Pothole, the cooling fan went haywire and the car's a.c. stopped cooling as well.
However, as we were near the school, i didn't notice anything except the engine temperature needle rising over 'H' but i thought the instrument cluster had gone haywire so i ignored it.
The driver dropped me and parked the car nearby school.
Now for the fun part.
On the way back from school, the a.c. wasn't functioning and it was like 35 degrees outside and me and some of my friends were sweating it out inside when i noticed the temperature starting to rise but i thought the instrument cluster had gone so i ignored it. However, i was wrong and just as we reached the W.E. highway, the car started to fume and we were like **** scared.
So because of that, we had to leave the car on the W.E. highway and come home by a.c. bus and a cab which sortof finished off the remainder of my pocket money.
Here are the pics.
On the way to school -
Notice the temperature going above the 'H' mark and km reading of 44977

On the way back from school, on the signal that leads to the W.E. highway turning. just 4 km from School

And here's the car after we got on W.E. highway and had to stop on the side.
Notice the fogged up headlamps and the steam condensed on the bumper which caused the fogginess in the headlights.

And here's a pic of the engine.

Enjoy.
Cheers
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 16:43   #30
BANNED

Lambo, is there any reason you suspected the instrument cluster was going haywire, rather than the more obvious conclusion (the needle is on H means the car is overheating)?
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote