Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th November 2015, 19:01   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Ola launches Boat service in flood-hit Chennai!

While I respect and appreciate any rescue operation carried out by Ola cabs, I have a few questions:
How many boats have they deployed, and in which areas? Obviously one or two boats could not have covered the entire length & breadth of submerged Chennai.
How many people were they able to transport through this mode?
Are there any statistics to prove that these were actually useful to a lot of public, and not just a publicity stunt triggered by a joke?

It is a very prudent move by Ola to utilize the joke started by someone in the social media to their advantage. Sure they have gained a lot of publicity out of it, as a company with a Social responsibility. But, in my opinion, all it takes is a few rented boats and a good camera, to spread the news all over the internet. After all, since it is a free of cost service, nobody can complain if you cannot find Ola boats anywhere in waterlogged areas.

Last edited by hybridpetrol : 18th November 2015 at 19:02.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Ola launches Boat service in flood-hit Chennai!

Whats the water situation in Chennai today after the heavy rains yesterday?

I have some official work in Chennai OMR tomorrow. How accessible are the roads from the airport to perungudi?
m8002? is offline   Reply With Quote