Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th November 2017, 14:28   #46
BHPian

Default Re: How to get a Driving Licence in Bangalore without agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Thanks, I had initiated the process all by myself. Done with the Learner's License and have now booked a slot for Driving License test. Hope the officials do not question the ownership of my car.
Being licenced to drive is not a prerequisite for vehicle ownership. There are many vehicle owners who hire drivers as they may not be keen on driving themselves. Hard for us car enthusiasts to understand that but it takes all kinds to make up the world!

Some RTOs issue you a receipt that you have passed the test for you to produce to the cops in case papers are checked during the 45 odd days that it takes for the smart card DL to reach you. Indiranagar RTO did not and I had kept copies of the LL anticipating that I will not get any proof for the interim period.

All the best!
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2017, 20:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Thanks, I had initiated the process all by myself. Done with the Learner's License and have now booked a slot for Driving License test. Hope the officials do not question the ownership of my car.
How much is the total cost of getting the License?
balenoed_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2017, 08:34   #48
BHPian

Caution : This will not work in Bangalore

AltoLXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 14:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
How much is the total cost of getting the License?
Hi! I don't clearly remember now but I guess it was about 350/- for LL, 960/- for DL (LMV and MCWG) and another 60/- for Biometrics and photo.

One thing I realized during the entire process is that while giving the tests for DL, hand signals are extremely important for both 2 & 4 wheelers (do not turn on the A/C and forget to give hand signals) along with terms like "Right Reverse Parking" for 4 wheelers. Saw quite a few of them failing the tests because of incorrect/absence of hand signals.

This is mainly applicable for people who go to the RTO themselves (KR Puram in my case) as we were asked to appear for the tests in the adjoining lane while people who came through "training schools" were nowhere to be seen in the lane at all. They probably have a dedicated lane for them.

Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 11:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

My DL is expiring in 3 months and I need to renew it at Indiranagar RTO , Blore East.

Has anyone done it recently and if so what are documents to be carried?
Is a medical certificate required as well?
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2018, 13:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My DL is expiring in 3 months and I need to renew it at Indiranagar RTO , Blore East.

Has anyone done it recently and if so what are documents to be carried?
Is a medical certificate required as well?
The process has been made easier. Log on to parivahan.gov.in and do it hassle free now. However do note that the window for renewal opens 30 days prior to expiry of the licence.

I am also waiting for the window to open to renew my licence. No need to go through any agents now.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote