Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 9th May 2016, 06:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Arrested

What a first class country we live in and pay taxes to.
Common citizens have absolutely no safety even considering they pay the taxes that keep these scumbag politicians paid.
Really this is enough to make you hate India in its current avatar!
shankar.balan is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 09:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Arrested

And yet the good people of Bihar and UP elect fools like their current ministers. As a wise man said people get governments the deserve. So they must live with goondas and thugs operating as government servants.
On the current story wait and watch..either the teenager will be labeled a terrorist or the driver will take the blame. The goon son will walk scot-free. And justice if announced will be after some 3 decades by when the victims family would have died of old age...
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 09:42   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
And yet the good people of Bihar and UP elect fools like their current ministers. As a wise man said people get governments the deserve. So they must live with goondas and thugs operating as government servants.
Not just Bihar, UP.. even in Gujarat an MLA who brandished a gun at a toll booth & kicked an old man on video was elected by a huge margin.

Yesterday, an MP threw a tantrum & abused non-Marathi officials in Maharashtra for not giving him a train ticket.

So this arrogance of entitlement of politicians continues across India, people need to vote for the history & record of each individual standing in their constituency, instead of voting for parties as a whole.
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Not just Bihar, UP.. even in Gujarat an MLA who brandished a gun at a toll booth & kicked an old man on video was elected by a huge margin.

Yesterday, an MP threw a tantrum & abused non-Marathi officials in Maharashtra for not giving him a train ticket.

So this arrogance of entitlement of politicians continues across India, people need to vote for the history & record of each individual standing in their constituency, instead of voting for parties as a whole.
Not just in India, look at USA. Look at the success of Donald Trump. Geography might be different but human minds are similar.
The Brutailer is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Not just in India, look at USA. Look at the success of Donald Trump. Geography might be different but human minds are similar.
Success? Is he PM already? Has he or his son killed because someone overtook his car? He is far right in his ideology and thats about it. The far left is stupid too.
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:03   #21
BHPian

Ugh, is it acceptable to harbour hatred towards your own countrymen? Because I certainly do. This sick mentality is especially prevalent in North India. I feel sad for the victim and his family and I hope they get swift justice.

This post would've been much longer if I were allowed to use cuss words.
Aaron:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Success? Is he PM already? Has he or his son killed because someone overtook his car? He is far right in his ideology and thats about it. The far left is stupid too.
That's not the point. My comment was in relation with people electing bad politicians despite knowing their past or ideologies. Take Trump for example. Banning the whole Muslim community from entering the USA. Imitating an Indian accent etc etc. Does that make sense?
The Brutailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
That's not the point. My comment was in relation with people electing bad politicians despite knowing their past or ideologies. Take Trump for example. Banning the whole Muslim community from entering the USA. Imitating an Indian accent etc etc. Does that make sense?
He is far right and look throughout the world, the far right wings are rising because of migrant issues facing the world. He still has some way to go to be even compared to Indian politicians. I am pretty sure he has not raised his kid like this guy has. After what has happened, he is defending his actions.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:55   #24
BHPian

As per some new channel(IBN i think), their family is alleged arms supplier for the local naxals. Now this guy is happily hiding/holidaying in forests with the naxals. Is it so difficult for our forces to fish out naxal infested not so dense forests?
arun_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 15:43   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Unfortunately these events occur and the guilty never go unpunished. I'm 100% sure he won't be punished, even if jailed, he'll be out on bail
Don't be so sure. The judiciary today is a lot stricter than it was, say in the 90s.

Related Thread (Security Guard crushed with Hummer, dies! EDIT: Nisham gets life imprisonment!)
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 15:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is becoming an everyday affair. Almost everybody has some clout with some of the Babu's and that aggravates an already aggressive nature of us Humans. I see almost everyday how quickly even the driver/servant of a Babu will show no regard to others rights on the road.

Just yesterday, a car belonging to some babu, was parked right on a single lane road opposite an ice cream parlor because the parking was full and these babu servants wanted to eat some ice cream. So to hell with the laws and the terrible traffic jam, they nicely enjoy the ice cream even. When they came out, they started swearing aggressively to the guy behind their car for honking, walked into their car as if nothing wrong has been done, switch on the music, roll down the glass and then drive off.

These instances makes me think about moving out of the country for good, not for myself but for my kids.
We somehow grew up alright during our teens and young days, when generally tempers run high, but all I see is the scenario worsening day by day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't be so sure. The judiciary today is a lot stricter than it was, say in the 90s.
Possibly but it comes into picture only in the extreme scenarios. Cases where innocent people are roughed up do not even get reported to the police (for obvious reasons. Judiciary may have improved but same cannot be said of the law enforcement department, where clout still works like a charm). Adding to it, Judiciary has their own trouble of short staff and huge pile up of pending cases.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 9th May 2016 at 15:51.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 15:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Related Thread (Security Guard crushed with Hummer, dies! EDIT: Nisham gets life imprisonment!)
This case had proofs including eye witnesses to prove that it was a cold blooded murder, while the current one will be portrayed as an act done in self defense. The.magnitude of punishment will drastically reduce, and considering how it will move from subordinate to high to supreme court, it will be an endless exercise for the deceased's family members.

We can only hope the judges realize the gravity of the case and pass fair judgments without bowing down to pressure, and restore people's faith in judiciary.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 16:12   #28
BHPian

This is very unfortunate. I doubt if the terrorist regime in one of our neighboring countries would allow this to happen.
Till the time the politicians in our country begin to understand the meaning of civilization, it is advisable for the normal folk to steer clear of their ways. Whenever I see a Fortuner or a Scorpio, my first reaction is to look at the number plate-if there is a 'G' or a symbol of a political party on the number plate, I slow down and give way, even if the driver seems to be decent. If there is a beacon on the vehicle (covered or not-immaterial), I flash the turn indicator, wind down my window and request the car to pass.
Apart from God, I think the ruling class, the police and the bureaucrats/Judges/local legislators scare me the most.
Even if there is justice, what good will it do? The parents have lost a son. The masses have one more example to entrench in their minds a fear of the political class. It is unlikely that the punishment will make the future torchbearers of these political dynasties flinch.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 03:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Ridiculous piece of news and i think all Netas kids think they are some daredevils and above the law. High time our judiciary wakes up from giving Tareek pe Tareek and get such cases reach their end soon.

Every time india tries to take 1 step ahead, we end up taking 2 backwards.

Ismain sab nange hain, so please dont justify any political party. The smaller the party, the worse their candidates behave.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 06:16   #30
BHPian

Apparently that bugger has been arrested some time in night. Looking at his connections, he being son of an MLC from ruling party and his father being one of the most notorious criminals of Gaya, I feel its a planned arrest to protect him and sort out things. Either ways, he should be tried in a fast track court. Details are awaited.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote