Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 10th May 2016, 10:07   #31
BHPian

Default re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Arrested

Hard earned money brings in it's own share of virtues like compassion, humbleness and respect for others and when the same money comes easy, it flows with bags full of vices; superiority complex and ego being the worst of them. The same has cruelly manifested in this case.

One can not even think of attaining a gazetted Class-I officer rank in India without being a graduate, then has to undergo a stringent filtering process by UPSC and various interviewing panels; and rightly so. But most of them in beaurocracy are ordered and controlled by leaders without any effective education.

For the voters in the rural setup of India, the fact that an electoral candidate(of own cast and Creed) being one of them is more important than the fact that he has done nothing for them in his previous terms on chair.

I bet my money on this, at the maximum he will spend few days or probably months in a jail and will get free on a bail. If convicted, he will roam around free on a mercy parole. Dare I say that it will be forgotten soon.

God bless his soul and simultaneously bless the law enforcement and judiciary of my Country.
cruising_rapid is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 10:08   #32
BHPian

Default re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Arrested

This is the reason that people move out of Bihar. In my generation more than 90% of my friends and family have moved out of Bihar. Its a shame that once one of the best governed state of India has turned into wild west.

Being from Gaya, the childhood memory of the fear generated by the Gundaas of Bihar have surfaced again.
ckranjan is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 10:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
While you claim our's are learning and they are learned already, Bush's or for that matter anyone in position of power by the virtue of power given by the people or money dare do that in US and if they did they will face the full consequences as prescribed in the law. We do not even have manslaughter laws and driving pig drunk is a bailable offence.

What you are doing is, you are confusing world politics with domestic politics.
I am not confusing world politics with domestic politics. My point is that power corrupts, and Indian politicians are no better or worse than their counterparts worldwide.

A simple google search for convicted US politicians shows up a very long list.

7 were convicted in the current Obama administration too.
Full list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 12:27   #34
BHPian

It seems the accused has been held, hope he is served what he deserves.

Link to the Yahoo news article

https://in.news.yahoo.com/bihar-road...030534535.html
sids1811 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 14:40   #35
BHPian

Further update:

Quote:
Rocky Yadav, his face hooded in black, was paraded before the media. He told reporters he was not in Bihar on the day of the shooting: "I was not in hiding...I was in Delhi and came because my mother called me. I didn't shoot anyone."

Police sources say he was tracked down after his mother's prolonged interrogation at her Gaya home. He was found in a factory near Bodh Gaya, 25 km from Gaya town, with his Rs 10 lakh pistol.

The police found liquor bottles in Manorama Devi's house. But the lawmaker has not been charged either with helping her son or for keeping alcohol, which is banned in Bihar since April.
Source: http://m.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar-l...rested-1404641
TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 21:18   #36
BHPian

Having born in the state of Bihar, I can completely relate to the unfortunate incident leading to the death of a young man in Gaya. Somebody wrote, you get the government you deserve and it makes lot of sense in the current context. But, whom are we going to elect! Do we have the right set of politicians to lead our country. A country drubbed with corruption and crime, there are political parties fighting for the qualification of a leading politician. We're are we heading to?
A 19 year old boy had to die just to satiate the arrogance of a spoiled brat. I can vividly remember that during my ride to Durgapur from Jharkhand back in 2011 apart from NHAI toll there was a local MLA toll. The charges of the MLA toll was Rs 45. When we paid Rs 50, the goons manning the post had the audacity to give a Rs 5 biscuit packet in return rather than offering my Rs 5 back. I couldn't have argued fearing for my life.
No wonder, I migrated from Bihar in 2004 to Chennai.
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 21:30   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
And yet the good people of Bihar and UP elect fools like their current ministers.
Was it a thumping majority? He [the PM dreamer] had to rope in alliance. People vote on basis of their caste, so those nos decide the outcome.

I can not migrate anywhere and I don't wish to either. At least no one in Bihar beats anyone who is not from their state unlike few developed states.

I don't wish to make a political statement on Team-BHP
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 21:33   #38
BHPian

So this is what humanity has come to.It's appalling to see someone react in such a manner to such a small incident of overtaking.

This can be related to another member being chased by some politicians in a bolero just for him honking when he was cut off by them.Luckily he managed to escape unharmed.(can't find the link to that thread).

May the deceased soul Rest In Peace and Justice be brought to him and his family.
One:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 22:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Was it a thumping majority? He [the PM dreamer] had to rope in alliance. People vote on basis of their caste, so those nos decide the outcome.

I can not migrate anywhere and I don't wish to either. At least no one in Bihar beats anyone who is not from their state unlike few developed states.

I don't wish to make a political statement on Team-BHP
Majority or not, they people still elected a CM who has wanton criminals in his cabinet. The concerned killer's father is a known crook and mother is a elected representative. The son carries a pistol which he points and shoots at anything offending him. I wonder what has changed from 1940 zamindari?
90% of people from that particular state migrate outside in search of jobs, that speaks so poorly about the state's administration. Regarding people beating up others from outside I think it is wrong, in one country people should be free to move anywhere, but that is besides the point. In this particular case, we see systematic failure of the society in Bihar which allows such open and blatant misuse of power.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 06:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Majority or not, they people still elected a CM who has wanton criminals in his cabinet.

Well, I guess you don't belong to Bihar thereby have no idea how politics and elections are fought here. No one wanted the current government, whomever I met answered in negative about voting for them still they came to power. If you look closely at results, most of the cities have not voted for them, still their alliance came to majority. Yes, we are living in a pathetically sad state!

Mods, no infarction please. Its nothing political I've spoken about.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 07:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
No one wanted the current government, whomever I met answered in negative about voting for them still they came to power. If you look closely at results, most of the cities have not voted for them, still their alliance came to majority. Yes, we are living in a pathetically sad state!

Mods, no infarction please. Its nothing political I've spoken about.
Yet strangely, they carved out a majority?
I think we need to look beyond the cities and the white collared elites ...
Democracy is about numbers, and majority of India's population is still in the villages doing blue collared work with no access to internet. They have different priorities and vested interests than us. They have a different outlooks about life, governance, legislature, justice. The priorities are different.

So by democratic means a government has come to the power. We don't have much right to crib.

Last edited by alpha1 : 11th May 2016 at 07:16.
alpha1 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 19:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

How do they describe this Manorama Devi as a "Lawmaker".
If she and her ilk flout the law so clearly?

I worry that India will only regress further in the foreseeable future and people like us who pay taxes and live the "clean" life are going to suffer even more at the hands of this "Goonda Raaj".

I don't know if there is any cure except if one chooses to run off by emigrating somewhere safer.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 20:27   #43
BHPian

Once when discussing on punishing bad politicians, my father said, we cannot punish them. Only they can punish/destroy themselves. He recounted the story of bhasmasura. Our politicians had asked a boon from gods(electorate) that whatever they touch will turn to ashes. And gods(electorate) have have given the boon. Now we need to wait for bhasmasuras to put their hands on their own heads.

Well I had a couple of close calls with vehicles carrying stickers "Elections Urgent" in TN. Absolutely scary how these vehicles are driven. Any Government vehicle, I always give way. Also for high end cars. Never know which "Privileged soul" is driving.
lsjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 10:21   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Just a polite reminder that we do NOT permit any discussions on politics. Kindly refrain.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 11:52   #45
BHPian

Default Re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Arrested

The pistol reportedly costs 10lakh ! Nothing is going to change. There is no whiff of any change in air. My post may be deleted but here is my 2 cents, to get out of this vicious cycle, we as citizens need to stop thinking about voting for the lesser evil, khayega par kaam karega attitude. Next time vote for small time independent candidates. We need to flood the system with new people, good people.
Blue_V is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote