Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th May 2016, 19:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Double parkers beware! Crowd cheers as driver slams Land Rover into a Jaguar

Here's a video of a driver slamming a Land Rover against a Jaguar who is blocking way by parking at the wrong place.

While the driver of the land rover and the cheering crowd are terrifically wrong, parking offence should be treated strongly. You never the value of time you are making the other people loose, just by your carelessness.

P.S: Video credits to its original uploader in Facebook.
dhanushs is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 19:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Double parkers beware! Crowd cheers as driver slams Land Rover into a Jaguar

Good lord, this is so wrong; assuming the taking up two parking spots is actually what caused this behavior.

Suddenly those "I like to take two parking spots because I am an idiot" notes that some people tend to leave on the windshields of cars seem *so* much better. And civilized.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 19:49   #3
BHPian

Default re: Double parkers beware! Crowd cheers as driver slams Land Rover into a Jaguar

"Do not do to others that which angers you when they do it to you."
Now who wronged who is debatable, but that Jaguar owner certainly learnt his lesson the worst way possible, off course it was his mistake to begin with too. I won't condemn Land Rover guy entirely for what he did, though there must have been more options available to move the Jaguar to make way for his car, but who knows, maybe he had to attend to an emergency. I am no judge.
It certainly is very frustrating when people double park or block a narrow road just because they are too lazy to walk a few meters. For their convenience they act unethically, unlawfully and when you confront them, most of the times, you face their arrogance. And it is all very frustrating and a major cause to road rash.
Wish that Land Rover had a bull guard or bumper guard that we have on every other SUV/MUV here in India.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 21:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

http://jalopnik.com/angry-range-rove...agu-1778724505

I think it's more of a fight between the Range Rover and Jaguar driver.
Apparently the Range Rover driver's mom owed some money to the Jaguar owner. The Jag owner parked his car, blocking the Evoque and......
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 14:06   #5
BHPian

Extremely well built, the Rover...despite the rams, the bumper holds well!

This is another form of road rage, while being interesting to watch, is !

What will never be youtubed is the violence that would ensue later on, when both the parties decide to settle score with far more power, possibly with bloodshed!
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 16:24   #6
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2016 at 15:57.
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2016, 17:48   #7
BHPian

No matter what this is completely not justified. Trashing someone's car no matter how much it costs for an offense as trivial as double parking is extremely uncalled for. It shows the mentality of Range Rover driver and i feel he might be a borderline psychopath. The sheer intensity with which he was trashing the poor Jaguar with no concern for his own loss by damaging his own car despite knowing it will be equally expensive to repair it.
This incident reminds me of the last month's incident where a teenager was killed just because his Swift Dzire overtook the expensive Land Rover. The only difference being this incident being on a much more psychotic level than one in the video.
Skyline_GT is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 21:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is another form of vigilante justice? There seems to be a uniformed cop(?) at site too who doesnot seem to be doing his job. The more civilised that we become, the more we are bordering on being primitive. The law as we knew has failed the society miserably, it seems.
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 22:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that is one well built Land Rover. Serves the Jaguar owner right although it's a shame to see such a lovely car get damaged so badly.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 10:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

So the landrover owner was prepared to destroy his own vehicle in order to move the offending one.

The crowd ... I can imagine the same enthusiasm if there was physical violence between humans (say two driver). Every damn thing is a bloodsport for the "peace loving" civilized crowd.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 10:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Here's a video of a driver slamming a Land Rover against a Jaguar who is blocking way by parking at the wrong place.
Wow, CIVIL WAR in JLR. There's Team Range Rover on one side & Team Jaguar on the other.

Seems the mob was somehow supporting the Evoque guy.
rohansachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 17:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Double parkers beware! Crowd cheers as driver slams Land Rover into a Jaguar

How many of us have not sometimes wished that our car was made with 3mm steel plate?

But no, this is not acceptable. Rich guy who can afford to use their expensive car as a weapon. Cars should not be used as a weapon.

It does not matter whether the target is a Nano or a Jag... it's still wrong.

It doesn't matter that the target may be ignorantly, arrogantly, whatever, parked: it's still wrong.

I can understand the frustration. I can understand the temptation. But the doing is something else. Hope it earns a criminal prosecution.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 18:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Double parkers beware! Crowd cheers as driver slams Land Rover into a Jaguar

This video only proves the Rover was a real Rover and the Jag, well, a real Jag.

Not some fake-u chinese copied ones!

svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 19:30   #14
BHPian

Reminds me of the parking scene in "despicable me"
on a serious note, I think the only one getting benefited out of this kind of rage will be the local JLR dealer
OT: doesn't look like a video from our country
Night Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 19:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I too have always felt like doing the same regardless of what am i driving or what car is parked, People should have some common sense before blocking someone's car like that, What if that person has an emergency? I fail to understand how inconsiderate people can be, The same has happened with me several times when i decided to just gulp down the anger and move away instead of creating a scene, To my surprise such a thing is pretty common even in the UAE.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote