Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 09:58   #136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Applied for FASTag a couple of weeks back, a guy collected all docs last week and the cheque was realised last friday. Got a text saying an account number has been allotted and it's active. No calls or any further communication. Where do I get the tag from? Is there a helpline? Tried calling the guy who came to collect the docs, but he doesn't answer the call.
Vysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 10:12   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 1,407 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Applied for FASTag a couple of weeks back, a guy collected all docs last week and the cheque was realised last friday. Got a text saying an account number has been allotted and it's active. No calls or any further communication. Where do I get the tag from? Is there a helpline? Tried calling the guy who came to collect the docs, but he doesn't answer the call.
An ICICI FASTag representative had contacted me a couple of days after receiving the SMS informing me of the account getting activated. He delivered the tag in person later during the same day
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:01   #138
BHPian
 
autobahnjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 147
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

One question from the FASTAG experts on the forum - If you do a to and fro trip within a day which carries a lower Toll than a single trip and you have a fastag and do not pay cash, how much toll will get deducted?
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
autobahnjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:09   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 698
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
One question from the FASTAG experts on the forum - If you do a to and fro trip within a day which carries a lower Toll than a single trip and you have a fastag and do not pay cash, how much toll will get deducted?
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
Assuming one way toll as 95 and two way toll as 140.

For your outward journey, you will get debited 95.

If your return is within 24 hours or same day depending on the rules of that toll, you will be debited 45. The system calculates it automatically.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:21   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,332
Thanked: 4,221 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Assuming one way toll as 95 and two way toll as 140.

For your outward journey, you will get debited 95.

If your return is within 24 hours or same day depending on the rules of that toll, you will be debited 45. The system calculates it automatically.
This facility is not available in tolls handled by L&T. At these tolls, 95 + 95 will be deducted.

Example: Thopur Toll on Bangalore - Salem highway doesn't have this facility. They deduct 86 + 86, even if you return on the same day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
In some cases as mentioned above, single trip charges will be deducted both-ways.

Last edited by arun_josie : 7th September 2016 at 14:23.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:58   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,142
Thanked: 682 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
My understanding is that it depends on the contract which NHAI has with the toll operator. FasTag as a system is able to calculate the right amount of toll. For example, in BETL if I make an up and down trip, it only deducts Rs.20 on my return trip. Rs.40 is taken on my on my first trip. Rs.60 is the fare they collect for a "day pass" any ways.

But if the toll agreement does NOT have this concept of reduced toll for "frequent travelers" then FasTag would NOT work violating that contract. It would continue to deduct the full toll, irrespective of the trips made.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 12:33   #142
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,876
Thanked: 9,713 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I am planning to get my ride Fastag'ed since I do Chennai - Palakkad runs quite often and if I can save some money and time spent, it will be a huge boon!

My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it (possibly to prevent non-Fastag users going through the lane) and sometimes it is left open for all the users when the toll booth is experiencing a huge crowd. Is there no consistency in this aspect? I mean, they should let only the Fastag users through that lane, isn't it?

BTW great thread Suhas! Cleared all my doubts.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 16:59   #143
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,716
Thanked: 3,300 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it su
Thanks.
No, there is no consistency on that. If it's a dedicated lane they will open the barricade for you as you approach the lane.
If there is no dedicated lane or as you mentioned, it's is open for all during rush you will have to wait in queue. In this case only advantage is that you don't need to handle the change.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 19:59   #144
BHPian
 
redcruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Today I had gone to Hoskote toll booth to procure Fastag for my ride before the Kurnool meet up. Unfortunately the guy at the office said there were some problems with the detection of the Fastag in tho old lot, so they were waiting for the new lot to arrive.
My advice would be to confirm before you go to the toll booths.

Last edited by redcruiser : 10th September 2016 at 20:01.
redcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 22:53   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,273
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I understand that IHMCL has changed the shape of the FASTag to a square shape (rather than the rectangular shape) to differentiate it from the generic RFID tags fitted to all cars since 2014.

That could be the real reason rather than the detection excuse.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 15:36   #146
BHPian
 
autobahnjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Noida
Posts: 147
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
My understanding is that it depends on the contract which NHAI has with the toll operator. FasTag as a system is able to calculate the right amount of toll. For example, in BETL if I make an up and down trip, it only deducts Rs.20 on my return trip. Rs.40 is taken on my on my first trip. Rs.60 is the fare they collect for a "day pass" any ways.

But if the toll agreement does NOT have this concept of reduced toll for "frequent travelers" then FasTag would NOT work violating that contract. It would continue to deduct the full toll, irrespective of the trips made.
Thanks. But assuming there is a return fare for a TOLL and it does not work with FASTAG. Where should the consumer raise the grievance?
autobahnjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 22:26   #147
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,332
Thanked: 4,221 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Thanks. But assuming there is a return fare for a TOLL and it does not work with FASTAG. Where should the consumer raise the grievance?
Its a 50:50 situation. Some toll guys do allow us to pass without payment when there is a technical issue. But some ask us to do the manual payment.

(Or) Do the full payment, then raise a ticket with ICICI fastag team with the scanned copy of the toll receipt.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 09:37   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 524
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Have a long driving trip coming up in the first week of October. Reading a few experiences above, planning to go to this BETL office near EC city and get it done, rather than wait for the executives to turn up. Where exactly is this office? Also is parking space available there?
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 10:04   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it (possibly to prevent non-Fastag users going through the lane) and sometimes it is left open for all the users when the toll booth is experiencing a huge crowd. Is there no consistency in this aspect? I mean, they should let only the Fastag users through that lane, isn't it?
Security would move out and open the gate for you when they realize that you have Fastag, you would be a VIP after this.

Yes, sometimes, based on crowd / traffic pile up, they open the gate for all. It is difficult to align to the Fastag booth in that case.

But even if it works for 50% of the tools, it is worth it. Would definitely same minimum of 30 minutes during your trips.
RSimonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 11:04   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Have a long driving trip coming up in the first week of October. Reading a few experiences above, planning to go to this BETL office near EC city and get it done, rather than wait for the executives to turn up. Where exactly is this office? Also is parking space available there?
This office is exactly next to DMart, you need to take an immediate left after DMart and once you turn right again first building is BETL office. You can enter the gate and it has ample parking space.

Exact Location
fusionbang is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run-Flat Tyres : All you need to know Akshay1234 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 70 30th April 2017 13:47
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection dass Street Experiences 515 17th August 2016 12:24
The 2012 Budget & the Indian Car Scene : All you need to know GTO The Indian Car Scene 102 13th April 2012 11:27
Need help in procuring a 4x Graphics card WasavaTyres Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 26th May 2009 16:19
All you need to know about honda D series headers.. nitroxx Modifications & Accessories 7 10th March 2007 13:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks