Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 14:04   #1501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Thanks for that bit, but I ended up calling the customer support after raising a complaint through the website.

After digging into the NHAI and IHMCL websites, I was able to find a couple of numbers where the gentlemen directed me to a different mobile number and finally to some E-mail addresses. Have written to them. Let's see what they do or if at all they do something.

To be honest, Fastag is a half-baked set-up. It'll take many more months at the minimum, before it'll be as reliable as it's supposed to be.
I had this duplicate entries issue not once but more than couple of times. This was mainly due to the manual scanners used at the toll. Fortunately with the SMS alerts I could get to know the same immediately. I contacted their customer care number raised a complaint and it was duly credited to my Tag account within 10 working days.
kicksperliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 14:26   #1502
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have contacted NHAI ETC NODAL regarding misuse of ETC line in a particular Plaza. They have responded and informed from October 1st all toll plaza's in India will have a dedicated ETC line and wont be allowed to use by tag-less users.

Good News is,
In addition soon all lines will be Hybrid in coming months. That means One dedicated line for fastag/ETC and all other lines also have scanners that helps tag users to use lines that are free.

Last edited by svkndv : 20th September 2017 at 14:29.
svkndv is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 16:59   #1503
BHPian
 
babhishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KOLKATA
Posts: 315
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonashes View Post
Got a call & followup mail from Paytm yesterday. I had uploaded RC as jpeg file in the link provided. The guy wanted me to send him png as an attachment. They should have put a note abt format if they are particular. Lost 2-3 days.
Same here, reuploaded some photos via email - paytm emailed me. In my case they had *misplaced* the documents.

nothing specific about JPEGvsPNG. Has anyone used their PAYTM tag? My tag was activated and showed balance, i was informed that the tag is deactivated over the phone..


i am now thinking about when my tag will be active etc and how to figure the same out?
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 17:13   #1504
BHPian
 
PapaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KOL-DEL-LKO
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonashes View Post
Got a call & followup mail from Paytm yesterday. I had uploaded RC as jpeg file in the link provided. The guy wanted me to send him png as an attachment. They should have put a note abt format if they are particular. Lost 2-3 days.
Similar case with me. Got a call to tell me that the pictures have not been uploaded in the correct format. They need the documents in PNG forma. Mailed them the same. Waiting for shipment now.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 18:40   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,507 Times
Default Paytm fastag - Thumbs Down

I placed my order on 8th September and on 12th i received the link to upload the document on SMS and I uploaded the RC copy promptly through the link.

Yesterday i received a call from paytm asking me to verify my details such as name, vehicle number and email address. Then the guy on the other side said I will need to submit the RC copy again through email. Soon i got an email from them and replied to it promptly within an hour with document attached.

I thought things will move now as the order status was the same since Sep8th. But today I received an SMS from paytm saying they have refunded the money. My order got cancelled.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 19:32   #1506
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I had placed the order to 12th on Paytm. There is no change in status and I have not received a call from them. The tag is supposed to be dispatched by 22nd. It is not yet dispatched. After hearing the above account of fastag with Paytm, I am not so hopeful.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 23:10   #1507
BHPian
 
samish_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
They have responded and informed from October 1st all toll plaza's in India will have a dedicated ETC line and wont be allowed to use by tag-less users.
That's good news indeed. But implementation of the same across all toll booths will be an enormous challenge.

I heard that MoRTH is mulling over the proposal of making FASTag fitment mandatory before the sales of new vehicles. There seems to be a draft notification issued in this regard. However, no official word is available as yet.

Regards,

Samish
samish_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 10:29   #1508
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Uploaded the docs on 13th Sep and the status is still showing as Order received. Its not shipped yet. Estimated delivery date is showing as 26th Sep.
I ordered on Paytm on Sep 11th, got the sms to upload RC on 12th, so I uploaded on the same day (upload had to be done twice as the first one failed).

Paytm shows a status of 'Order Placed' and shows estimated shipping date of Sep 22nd and delivery by Sep 24th. Status remains the same even today.

However, when i navigate to Fastag via Paytm passbook and click on 'Manage Fastag' link, it does show my vehicle registration number and bar code number, with a status of 'Issued'. But when I click on the 'View Transactions' link, it shows the same error that many have posted.

Hoping things will be set right after the delivery date.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 10:42   #1509
BHPian
 
demonashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Paytm fastag - Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I placed my order on 8th September and on 12th i received the link to upload the document on SMS and I uploaded the RC copy promptly through the link.

Yesterday i received a call from paytm asking me to verify my details such as name, vehicle number and email address. Then the guy on the other side said I will need to submit the RC copy again through email. Soon i got an email from them and replied to it promptly within an hour with document attached.

I thought things will move now as the order status was the same since Sep8th. But today I received an SMS from paytm saying they have refunded the money. My order got cancelled.
That's ridiculous. They make people wait for over 2 weeks and then cancel the order without giving a good reason! I had placed my order on 9th. RC upload + email all done 3 days ago but then nothing much after that. The call center lady said she can't lookup using Order ID.. I wasn't sure abt what to respond and silently kept the phone. Its supposed to be shipped today. Lets see. I need the fastag by next week. If it doens't move in a day or 2, then time to look at other options. The only reason I picked Paytm was to avoid those recharge pains in transferring money.
demonashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 10:51   #1510
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,883
Thanked: 9,702 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Some good news about FASTtag Lanes

Non-users will be fined
More FASTtag lanes will be added
20% of vehicles now use FastTag

More here
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 12:34   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,251
Thanked: 7,944 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Ordered via Paytm on 2nd September, got the link to upload RC a couple of days later. Did that. Was shipped out on 7th and got the tag on 11th. Also saw it appear on the PayTM App with status 'Issued'. As per the updates here, was waiting for it to turn into 'Active' state.

No change in status for ~4 days (Sept 15th). Then got a call from Paytm saying that the upload was corrupted and asked to send RC copy again. Did that. No news again for 3-4 days.

Finally called Paytm Mall customer care and asked for status. After verifying details got a response that 'it will be escalated to the right team'. Been a couple of days and no updates.

Anyone else facing similar issue in Activation?
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 13:12   #1512
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Got an SMS again asking me to recharge my fastag, which i had never applied or got.
Out of curiosity logged in to SBI fastag site.
It shows my name, car model, car VIN, car registration number, tag number etc. with balance as Zero.
How is it possible.

Only connection i could make out is my salary account is with SBI and car loan is also with SBI

Does it mean they made factory fitted RFID tag as fastag? Could it be done?
My car 2014 make
Called SBI toll free number. They have redirected me to their local agent for FASTAG at Bangalore. Checked with local guy at Rajkumar road(NICT Technologies pvt ltd).
It appears SBI has forwarded some select car numbers for issuing FASTAG tokens. Mine was one among them. Token was issued. Need to collect it from them.
I took car loan from SBI in May 2014 . Now they are issued me FASTAG without any involvement form my side

Last edited by rkg : 21st September 2017 at 13:14.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 15:47   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,507 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I had placed the order to 12th on Paytm. There is no change in status and I have not received a call from them. The tag is supposed to be dispatched by 22nd. It is not yet dispatched. After hearing the above account of fastag with Paytm, I am not so hopeful.
Any updates from their end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
However, when i navigate to Fastag via Paytm passbook and click on 'Manage Fastag' link, it does show my vehicle registration number and bar code number, with a status of 'Issued'. But when I click on the 'View Transactions' link, it shows the same error that many have posted.

Hoping things will be set right after the delivery date.
I didn't install the app. But they have cancelled my order anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonashes View Post
That's ridiculous. They make people wait for over 2 weeks and then cancel the order without giving a good reason! I had placed my order on 9th. RC upload + email all done 3 days ago but then nothing much after that. The call center lady said she can't lookup using Order ID.. I wasn't sure abt what to respond and silently kept the phone. Its supposed to be shipped today. Lets see. I need the fastag by next week. If it doens't move in a day or 2, then time to look at other options. The only reason I picked Paytm was to avoid those recharge pains in transferring money.
Yes it was disappointing after the long wait and not expected. Anyways nothing much to do now except retry it after sometime or go with other providers.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 16:41   #1514
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NDLS/SBC
Posts: 43
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

On a recent BLR-MLR trip, Rs. 225 got deducted at one of the toll plaza! IIRC it was Bellur toll. Had a tough time reaching out to Axis Bank customer care and explaining what had happened. It took them a week to initiate the refund and they have only refunded a partial sum so far.

Earlier, I had a terrible experience when my Fastag account got blacklisted during a BLR-CHN trip in spite of having a healthy account balance. I had ran out of cash and had to search for an ATM for currency for the rest of the journey and return.

This and hearing about many other issues being faced by people from procuring Fastag to recharging it and to finally putting it into use, only indicates that the roll out was nothing but a half baked plan.
k88k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 19:56   #1515
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Any updates from their end?
I just logged into the paytm site and looked at the orders. the status is now showing - "Waiting for courier pickup" ; with a secondary status that said - "packed" . So I am guessing it will be sent out soon. The ambiguity of the whole thing still remains.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run-Flat Tyres : All you need to know Akshay1234 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 70 30th April 2017 13:47
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection dass Street Experiences 515 17th August 2016 12:24
The 2012 Budget & the Indian Car Scene : All you need to know GTO The Indian Car Scene 102 13th April 2012 11:27
Need help in procuring a 4x Graphics card WasavaTyres Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 26th May 2009 16:19
All you need to know about honda D series headers.. nitroxx Modifications & Accessories 7 10th March 2007 13:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks