Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 23:30   #211
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
In none of the tolls FASTag was accepted.
Yes. I guess only one toll accepts Fastag on Bangalore - Hyderabad route as per earlier posts. Strangely , all these toll booths are listed as accepting Fastag as per website.

Had reported this complaint on Pggov portal few weeks back, though no response till now.

Also, regarding Bangalore - Kanyakumari route. Past Madurai any information on Fastag acceptance?
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:14   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 3,937 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Also, regarding Bangalore - Kanyakumari route. Past Madurai any information on Fastag acceptance?
Kappalur - Madurai, Fastag is yet to be installed

And its a 50:50 chances of Fastag working at the other 3 tolls(Etturvattam, Salaipudhur, Nanguneri). At times all three works, but when i passed couple of weeks back, they had some technical issues.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:10   #213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 886
Thanked: 638 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes. I guess only one toll accepts Fastag on Bangalore - Hyderabad route as per earlier posts. Strangely , all these toll booths are listed as accepting Fastag as per website.

Had reported this complaint on Pggov portal few weeks back, though no response till now.

Also, regarding Bangalore - Kanyakumari route. Past Madurai any information on Fastag acceptance?
Yes, its shameful that on a superb road connecting two major cities, even after the pilot phase is over, FASTag is not working or to say the toll booth contractors are not accepting intentionally. Guess they are doing something like what Krishnagiri toll was doing for close to a year.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:18   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,603
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Yes, its shameful that on a superb road connecting two major cities, even after the pilot phase is over, FASTag is not working or to say the toll booth contractors are not accepting intentionally. Guess they are doing something like what Krishnagiri toll was doing for close to a year.
True. I also find something fishy, as most of the Toll booths on this Highway have a marked dedicated lane for FasTag, but except for one toll booth (Jadcherla), others are not yet operational :(

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd October 2016 at 22:34.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 23:32   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 3,937 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
You can verify in the online portal whether the new tag gets added to you account. For me, that never happened even though I got the new tag. I am just hoping that mine is one off case.
I tested the new RFID today and it worked without any issues.

And I saw the below update under the "Tag Account Summary" in my web account.

Tag Serial No. : <Old one> replaced with new Tag Serial No. : <New one>
Tag Serial No. : <Old one> for Licence Plate No. : <Car Number> is blacklisted
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 09:29   #216
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,583
Thanked: 4,287 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

FasTag Update from recent Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore trip:
My first cashless trip (except for one toll due to traffic as noted below) on this route

Onward:
BETL - automatic FasTag payment work fine
Attibele - automatic FasTag payment work fine
Krishnagiri - manual scan by security guard at entrance to FasTag lane, then opened the metal barricade
Thoppur - manual scan by toll attendant after guard at entrance checked FasTag and opened the metal barricade
Omalur - manual scan by toll attendant after guard at entrance checked FasTag and opened the metal barricade
Vaigundam/Sankari - FasTag lane was closed, used left most lane, toll attendant came out for manual scan
Vijayamangalam - security guy argued that what I have on the car isn't FasTag , then on my persistence opened the metal barricade and then the attendant at the booth used the hand-held machine for a manual scan
Karumathampatty - manual scan by toll attendant after guard at entrance checked FasTag and opened the metal barricade

Return:
Pretty much the same story, except:
1. At Vaigundam, the security guy had placed cone blocking the lane and was missing, took 2-3 minutes for him to reach our car and remove the cone. There was no one at the booth, almost exited the lane when a guy with the hand-held machine waved to us from the next lane and then I stopped. He tried several times to scan the tag, even gave me the scanner to try from inside the car, still did not work. He almost gave up and one last time, tried with a hard press and Voila!

2. At Thoppur, there was a huge line of vehicles and criss-crossing lanes. We tried our best to align with the lane marked for FasTag, but since the lanes widen out closer to the plaza we ended up in the adjacent lane (FasTag lane was allowing all vehicles). Told the attendant, he seemed empathetic and apologetic (both rare these days!), but had to pay cash. I was wondering if the proximity to the FasTag lane may trigger a transaction as well but so far, it seems fine and there is no charge for this toll.

3. FasTag helped save at least an hour overall, especially at heavy traffic tolls like Vijayamangalam, Omalur, Attibele (felt like a VIP at these tolls!) and BETL

Last edited by NPV : 24th October 2016 at 09:44.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 10:42   #217
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I tested the new RFID today and it worked without any issues.

And I saw the below update under the "Tag Account Summary" in my web account.

Tag Serial No. : <Old one> replaced with new Tag Serial No. : <New one>
Tag Serial No. : <Old one> for Licence Plate No. : <Car Number> is blacklisted
Why did you have to replace the tag ?
ssateesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 11:18   #218
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 3,937 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Why did you have to replace the tag ?
Windscreen was replaced due to Rain sensing wiper issue and while removing the tag, it got damaged. So, I had to replace the tag.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 11:19   #219
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 790
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I heard Fasttags can be purchased with instant activation at Vijaymangalam and Krishnagiri Plaza and would like to know if anyone has used this facility. I was considering buying this at one of the toll plazas while driving to Kerala.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 12:17   #220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 886
Thanked: 638 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

3. FasTag helped save at least an hour overall, especially at heavy traffic tolls like Vijayamangalam, Omalur, Attibele (felt like a VIP at these tolls!) and BETL
This is exactly the same statement what i wrote an year back on the FASTag discussion (in other thread which is closed now). Easily saves an hour overall and i don't even roll down the window to talk or pay cash.

In Sep 2015, I was told by ICICI regionial manager then, that i was the first customer to get FASTag in Bangalore and ever since, i am very happy to use it wherever it works. Of course, it took long time for Krishnagiri toll to start accepting FASTag, but now indeed it is a big time saver.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:39   #221
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 799
Thanked: 1,285 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I heard Fasttags can be purchased with instant activation at Vijaymangalam and Krishnagiri Plaza and would like to know if anyone has used this facility. I was considering buying this at one of the toll plazas while driving to Kerala.
Not sure on Krishnagiri, but I did try visiting Vijaymangalam plaza once and there was a very long waiting queue. There were two staff members attending to them where one was having lunch in that desk and another was attending the customers. I walked up to him and informed that I need to apply and he asked me to wait. Tried waiting for a good 15 mins and neither did he attend to any of those already waiting nor the other lady completed her lunch. Got fed-up and walked out.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:43   #222
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 790
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Not sure on Krishnagiri, but I did try visiting Vijaymangalam plaza once and there was a very long waiting queue. There were two staff members attending to them where one was having lunch in that desk and another was attending the customers. I walked up to him and informed that I need to apply and he asked me to wait. Tried waiting for a good 15 mins and neither did he attend to any of those already waiting nor the other lady completed her lunch. Got fed-up and walked out.
Thanks h14, We cannot expect Krishnagiri to be better since the crowd is much more than Vijayamanagalam. Moreover my plan is to start from Bangalore 5ish and it will be later evening/night by the time I hit both the plazas, anyhow will try the luck and update all.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 16:12   #223
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks h14, We cannot expect Krishnagiri to be better since the crowd is much more than Vijayamanagalam.
I am not aware of instant activation from Krishnagiri tool. However, have seen signboard with ICICI executives phone number there, so I guess it may not be instant activation.

Since you are starting from Bangalore, better you get it from BETL office near Electronic city. There are other members who got it activated within few minutes from there.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 16:53   #224
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 790
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am not aware of instant activation from Krishnagiri tool. However, have seen signboard with ICICI executives phone number there, so I guess it may not be instant activation.

Since you are starting from Bangalore, better you get it from BETL office near Electronic city. There are other members who got it activated within few minutes from there.
Thanks Suhas. EC option sounds great and is very convenient for me. But ICICI customer care informed it may not be functional these days (but they sounded unsure).
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 17:28   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
But ICICI customer care informed it may not be functional these days (but they sounded unsure).
You can try number listed here. Link (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run-Flat Tyres : All you need to know Akshay1234 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 70 30th April 2017 13:47
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection dass Street Experiences 515 17th August 2016 12:24
The 2012 Budget & the Indian Car Scene : All you need to know GTO The Indian Car Scene 102 13th April 2012 11:27
Need help in procuring a 4x Graphics card WasavaTyres Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 26th May 2009 16:19
All you need to know about honda D series headers.. nitroxx Modifications & Accessories 7 10th March 2007 13:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks