Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th June 2017, 09:59   #1021
BHPian

Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Applied for Fast tag last evening, the process is even smoother now I guess. I got a contact from a friend who came to office and collected the documents along with a 500 Rs Cheque.

ETA : 7 Days
Document :
RC copy
Aadhar
Cheque
kishore1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 19:59   #1022
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I contacted Mr Nalluri and he promptly delivered sticker and collected Rs 500 , couple of days later received SMS that tag is recharged with Rs 70. He promised to send me some excel and PDF but nothing received so far and unfortunately my mails and calls are not getting answered.
Should i reach out to Axis to know my wallet details and activation status ?
Any inputs will greatly help.
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 20:08   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Fastag is not working in the 4 toll booths after Madurai. Now trucks have started using fastag and they make the process very slow.
A bit confused at these statements. The point about trucks using Fastag is for the toll booths after Madurai or in general?
prkiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 20:43   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
A bit confused at these statements. The point about trucks using Fastag is for the toll booths after Madurai or in general?
It were trucks which bought FASTags in bulk post demonitization was announced.

On certain days, you will find 10 trucks waiting on a FASTag lane and 2 cars on all other lanes. This becomes irritating.

At night, loads of buses (mainly private) use tags too.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 21:35   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
I saw that all the VRL trucks were using fastag. Most corporate logistics guys are moving to fastrack I guess.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 22:32   #1026
BHPian

Guess my response was confusing My query was specifically about fastag acceptance in the toll gates after Madurai. Wanted to arify since OP mentioned the issue of fastag not getting accepted there and at same time that the truckers are using it more.
prkiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 05:51   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess my response was confusing My query was specifically about fastag acceptance in the toll gates after Madurai. Wanted to arify since OP mentioned the issue of fastag not getting accepted there and at same time that the truckers are using it more.
Right after Trichy fastag acceptance on tolls is a bit dodgy and you end up having to pay cash, and this is in the Chennai to Kanyakumari direction.

Tolls in the other direction do seem to accept fastag no issues, but you still find yourself forking out cash from time to time.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 10:07   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Fastags in toll booths after Madurai were not operational. They were blocked. Nobody could go in those lanes. Trucks slowed down the fastag lanes in some tolls where it was operational.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 17:24   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I contacted Mr Nalluri and he promptly delivered sticker and collected Rs 500 , couple of days later received SMS that tag is recharged with Rs 70. He promised to send me some excel and PDF but nothing received so far and unfortunately my mails and calls are not getting answered.
Should i reach out to Axis to know my wallet details and activation status ?
Any inputs will greatly help.
I faced kind off the same issue. For me Mr. Nalluri did send the email with a pdf and excel, however the excel was formatted so the numbers for Wallet ID etc was not in a number format. I called up the Axis Bank Fastag number, gave them my vehicle number and got the details for the wallet id and user id. Also took the details from them for the NEFT transfer. Immediately did a transfer and the tag got activated. Used it without any hindrance during my last weekend's trip to Chennai and back.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 17:59   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Fastags in toll booths after Madurai were not operational. They were blocked. Nobody could go in those lanes.
Its the same situation since the last 6-7 months, the last 4 tolls.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 19:31   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For the Tag to be visible, as a Tag, when that Guard standing at the FASTag lane has to see that and slide the barrier to allow me to pass
Would it be possible to post a picture of this arrangement you made for the tag?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 20:04   #1032
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent Fastag experience at the BIAL(now KIAL) toll:
As I reached close to the entry of the Fastag lane, I saw a truck successfully go in, the green lights went on and the barrier opened up and he cleared the lane. I entered the lane after the truck had cleared the boom barrier and couple of security guards near the lane entry waved their hand gesturing me to move forward. Though I moved close to the right edge of the lane and slowly, the light turned to Red and barrier did not open

I was forced to take the adjacent lane to the right that had signage saying "SEMI AUTOMATIC ETC/...." but the attendant said he can only accept cash and he did not have any handheld scanner so I just paid in cash and moved on (was too tired to argue/debate there after a long day).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 20:25   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I was forced to take the adjacent lane to the right that had signage saying "SEMI AUTOMATIC ETC/...." but the attendant said he can only accept cash and he did not have any handheld scanner so I just paid in cash and moved on (was too tired to argue/debate there after a long day).
That's total garbage. They have scanner you have to insist. All I do is point at tag and they take if the automated lane doesn't work. The one towards Devanahalli never works automatically.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 08:51   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That's total garbage. They have scanner you have to insist. All I do is point at tag and they take if the automated lane doesn't work. The one towards Devanahalli never works automatically.
Yesterday night, KIAL FASTag was set to permanent green and a security guard removed the traffic cone on seeing my tag. No charge so far :-)
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 09:19   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yesterday night, KIAL FASTag was set to permanent green and a security guard removed the traffic cone on seeing my tag. No charge so far :-)
If a vehicle with fastag passes and gate opens it will be in green and another vehicle without faatag tries to pass the gate closes and the light goes red. As long as vehicles with fastag pass it will be always in green.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote