Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd December 2016, 07:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Dealer got me DL8S plates; I want DL11S. Now what? *Edit: Got it!*

Like others here have already said, I think you are stuck with the number. So start learning to love it!

Also there is no such thing as a lucky or unlucky number buddy. It's all superstition. But if it helps, the Chinese live the number 8 and believe it's the luckiest of all numbers!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

if the registration is complete, there isn't much you can do other than round about solution.

Somewhat closer to what I always wanted - due to a little shortage of funds at the time of buying car, I let any number be given/ allotted. but after few months I kept thinking - wish I had gone for some special number if at all... But since registration is complete, nothing much can be done.

The round about way which is time consuming and costly is - get the vehicle to another state, register there (of course NOCs, Tax refund etc etc should be done) and then again bring back to original state and get the new number by paying fresh taxes again. And meanwhile keep waiting for refunds for both earlier registrations (original, temp state registration taxes)! But thats the legal and easy option provided that you are ready to shell out some money and happy locking some in state treasury under the name of refund!
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 18:05   #18
BHPian

@ abirnale, I am still waiting to get a call back from dealer as he took 10 days from me, otherwise I will have to do this roundabout thing only.

Actually this made me think, if a person has homes in more than 1 city e.g. main home in Delhi and a small home in any other city in a neighboring state or nearby state can he have two vehicles registered in 2 cities? I think water and electricity bills can act as proofs etc.

Licenses more than one are illegal, I know but vehicle RC? After all people buy from other states and register vehicles in Delhi all the time!
Mohitkumaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Not necessary. Any RTO within the same city (mentioned in the address provided) can register the vehicle.
I stay in Bangalore and I got two vehicles (each) registered at Yelahanka and Yeswantpur, no questions asked, no extra money paid!
I don't know how it's possible in Bangalore but another way you can get a different number if the RTO changes. Let me give you an example of how it is in Goa.
When this numbering system started in 1989 Goa had 6 RTO's. Panjim, Margao, Vasco, Ponda, Mapuca and Bicholim.
Panjim, Mapusa, Ponda and Bicholim were in North Goa and were allotted GA-01 whereas Margao and Vasco in South Goa and allotted GA-02. Sometime later they allotted GA-03 to GA-08 to each RTO. Later Margao was split in Margao and Curchorem and then further into Canacona whereas in North was split into Pernem and Dhargal. So now we have GA-03 to GA-12.
Now take the case of a person living in Canacona. In 89 he would have been allotted GA-02. Later with the formation of Curchorem he would have been allotted GA-09 and now that Canacona is a separate RTO he will get GA-10. So 3 different series for the same address.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 22:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

As said by someone before, in Maharashtra, the number does not change unless the vehicle is out of state. Irrespective of how many times it shifts from one RTO to another. Only the RC book entry changes, not the number

If the number is causing so much headache, I would suggest you to sell the vehicle back to the dealership itself at some loss (shared/completely taken by them) and buy a new vehicle and register it yourself. Since it is already registered in your name, it has to be sold by you, and the next person will be second owner. If the dealership can find someone who is willing to buy it at some discount (I would!) that would be perfect solution.

I wouldn't say that don't believe in superstition etc, since they are your personal thoughts and feelings. Rather than living in constant tension, bear some loss (or make the dealership eat it) and do it right the next time.
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 01:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
(DL8 has twice proven unlucky to me first for Honda Stunner, then for Wagon R. ...
If you think I have no right to take issue with this, then please just ignore and pass on to the next post.

Otherwise...

Even admitting of luck and various superstitions associated with a vehicle, I'm reminded of people with food poisoning who, without any actual evidence, say it was a particular thinf they ate. Yes, it might have been, but it might also just as easily have been the waiter's unwashed hands on the rim of the cup.

So, you have had "bad luck" with two vehicles, and you have associated with three characters in the registration. Maybe you did have bad luck --- but maybe it came with something else entirely.

But I am with you on this: if you ask for fried rice and the waiter brings you boiled, then no excuses are acceptable. This is bad service. But it is probably not bad enough to walk away from, or refuse to pay for, the entire meal. ...And I hate plain, boiled white rice!

They had no right to screw you around like this. But I don't think they screwed you around enough to get any relief from a court or credit-card company.

Very sorry that what should have been a happy occasion for you has been messed up.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 02:38   #22
BHPian

Basically I want to get my DL11S. Failing that I want those people at dealership to make good for the screw up they did. I am not particular about how they do it. I am not interested in any compensation. If they have ruined my happiness I want to:
1. Return the favor
2. Teach them a lesson so they stick to what they say and not do this to others.

Its much less a matter of luck or superstition now and almost completely a matter of not following instructions and delivering deficient service.
Mohitkumaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 19:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Its much less a matter of luck or superstition now and almost completely a matter of not following instructions and delivering deficient service.
Well, sincerely, good luck with that. I hate sales people that don't give a damn.

By the way, I loved the car number I had two cars ago. I'm not superstitious, although I have looked into numerology and stuff in the past. It had the music rhythm theories in it: 4,3,7,5,9 (albeit not quite in the right order). I loved it almost enough to look into transferring it to a new car... but not quite.

I'm sad that your purchase got spoilt.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 17:55   #24
BHPian

Finally got my DL11S!. Can you believe that clown of a dealer had not registered my Aprilia at all and was lying to me ALL THE TIME.

On 2 Jan 2017, me father and mother went to the showroom and staged a sit-in (Dharna) in showroom. We got Aprilia marketing and PR involved and a few calls were made to lawyers etc about suing. Showroom owner was approached as well.

We told the sales exec and showroom manager that we are going to sit in showroom till we get the number. After around 8 pm he called up some person who came with the original regn form of my Aprilia which was, you guessed it, blank, except for my signature. He took another form and traced Chassis number on that. At around 10 am, i received sms about DL11S authority of aprilia regn. of aprilia. Remember I was to get this message about regn in DL8S authority when he told me he had mistakenly filed it in DL8S. I never got any sms about DL8S regn which is how i came to know DL8S story was a charade.

A vehicle purchased on 23 Oct 2016 was finally registered on 3 Jan 2017.

All's well that ends well and the machine is proving worth the haggle.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 17th May 2017 at 17:56.
Mohitkumaar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 18:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Dealer got me DL8S plates; I want DL11S. Now what? *Edit: Got it!*

Quote:
Finally got my DL11S!. Can you believe that clown of a dealer had not registered my Aprilia at all and was lying to me ALL THE TIME.
This makes me angry
Quote:
On 2 Jan 2017, me father and mother went to the showroom and staged a sit-in (Dharna) in showroom. We got Aprilia marketing and PR involved and a few calls were made to lawyers etc about suing. Showroom owner was approached as well.
I can't help but marvel at the effort you have put into getting a number changed merely on non-rational grounds (bad luck etc.) Anyway it's a lesson in consumer behaviour that people will go to any extent to solve a probem if they are motivated enough.

Quote:
I never got any sms about DL8S regn which is how i came to know DL8S story was a charade.

A vehicle purchased on 23 Oct 2016 was finally registered on 3 Jan 2017.

All's well that ends well and the machine is proving worth the haggle.
Good catch. Am shocked that in thie connected age, the dealer would even try and pull something like this on you. Anyway, wish you the best of luck with your bike!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 18:20   #26
BHPian

Default Re: Dealer got me DL8S plates; I want DL11S. Now what? *Edit: Got it!*

Actually, I had given up to the bad luck part somewhere around November and had made peace with it.

What kept me going was:
1. the anger and agony caused by committing to me first, then backtracking and the trying to drag me for a fool for months and months every weekend.
2. there was practically no number plate on scooter except for temp sticker!

Technically, it was not a struggle to get the number changed but to actually get it registered.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 17th May 2017 at 18:21.
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote