Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th January 2017, 10:41   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ola Insights: Average speed & traffic spots of the big Indian cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Silk Board Junction traffic jam is a staple for Facebook joke creators & Whatsapp meme makers.
On Bangalore, don't miss this awesome thread - link (Hilarious parody: Bangalore ORR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Most flights do not land on time and every time I've gone to pick people up, I've usually spent more than an hour or so in waiting
So true. As a courtesy to others, I don't expect anyone to drop me (and don't want anyone expecting me to drop / pick them either ). Uber & Ola have made it so convenient.

The only person I pick up from the airport is my sister flying in from the USA. And even then, I tell her to call me when she lands. I leave only then. By the time she clears immigration, baggage & customs, I'm outside.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 14:06   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Ola Insights: Average speed & traffic spots of the big Indian cities

Why is cox town one of the top pickup/drop location?
Vysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 19:45   #18
BHPian

One of the craziest traffic spots in Bangalore is the VR Bengaluru-Phoenix mall area on weekends. It gets really crazy in both directions. A couple of weekends ago it took me 70 minutes from my house to Phoenix parking which is a mere 4km. Actually, Ola and Uber taxis contribute majorly to this traffic as they are piled up near the curb :P
rohanak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We took an Ola from Mumbai Airport to Pedder Road recently. They do not collect the parking charge from the customer. They do not charge the customer for the Toll on the sea link as well. I was surprised but that is what I experienced.
They must have charged it on your invoice. Check your bills please.

Regards
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 15:57   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Me too. I still feel there is some issue with the samples taken. I always felt Chennai to be better off than Bangalore and Mumbai. IMO, Bangalore traffic jams are the worst. Really surprised with the information provided by Ola.
No its very correct and my personal experience too. Chennai is equally notorious and in most places far worse, in terms of traffic blocks. The only relief is the wider road spaces compared to Bangalore and the fact that there are always alternate routes available to commute. If you are struck somewhere, its not very difficult to get an escape route. Major roads like Mount Road, Poonamallee High Road, IRR et al have it. You don't have that luxury in Bangalore. But if you are caught in spite of that in Chennai, then its better to be a pedestrian .
mahalingam_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 19:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Well, well, well! What I would like to know is who are these guys travelling at an average 20.4kph in Bangalore.
I guess the average speed of bangalore is higher due to very fast commute between Hebbal to Airport . I don't see any other reason for avg. speed in Bangalore to be more than that of Chennai.
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote