Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th April 2017, 17:14   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: UberHIRE - Now book an Uber for up to 12 hours

Just thought I'd update this thread after using it at least 10 times in the last two months.

Let me start with saying that I LOVE the service because of the convenience it offers.

- For some reason, Uber Hire cabs don't arrive as fast as the regular Ubers. I'm guessing only a % of drivers have opted for Hire? Wait time for regular Ubers is 5 minutes at my place. That for Hire has always been 10 - 15 minutes (gone up to 20 minutes once).

- In all of these trips, I've only seen compact sedans (Xcent & Indigo are most common). Never a hatchback yet, nor a bigger sedan or MPV.

- Minimum fare of 600 bucks needs to be paid to driver at the start of the trip. In cash. I'm guessing some customers disappeared after multiple stops . This was introduced recently; wasn't there in the initial Uber Hire trips we made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So if you book a car for 8 hours and use it to travel 150 km you will pay Rs. 3069.
Our usual 5 - 6 hour trips have been about 40 - 50 km, and even that's on the higher side.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 12:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is incredible! We have already used it twice this week! Advantages:

1. One car stays with you. Excellent for multi-stop trips, especially with the elderly.

2. Car arrives in <10 minutes. No long pre-booking period & planning as is usually the case with traditional rental car companies.

3. Their car, their driver, their maintenance, their risk. A DriveU driver recently crashed my Sunny (link to post). Now, it's bye bye DriveU, hello UberHire.

4. Well-priced for what it offers.

Only thing I don't like is that, both the times, we were forced to pay in cash. I hate cash & love digital payments. Wasn't permitted. Don't understand why, and I sincerely hope the rule changes.
One question - we are planning to travel to Pondicherry on 1st. My question is, can I call for an UnerSUV to pick us up from Chennai Airport to destination is Pondicherry? Does UberHire provide this facility? I expect 1-2 stops for break...
ksakotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 01:35   #18
BHPian

Default Re: UberHIRE - Now book an Uber for up to 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- For some reason, Uber Hire cabs don't arrive as fast as the regular Ubers. I'm guessing only a % of drivers have opted for Hire? Wait time for regular Ubers is 5 minutes at my place. That for Hire has always been 10 - 15 minutes (gone up to 20 minutes once).
Uber has randomly chosen cars for UberHire - but they've excluded hatchbacks.
Earlier drivers had an option to choose between normal bookings and UberHire bookings in the app, but that feature has been removed and hence drivers may get normal and UberHire bookings by default.
It's extremely unprofessional of Uber to have put vehicles in UberHire without owner consent - like they've done with my car, and I'm unable to get it off UberHire because they refuse to do so! Really unfair and sad because my car only runs on UberBlack and it really isn't financially feasible for me to run it with UberHire which is a lower category - AND the second reason being that the smart people of our country have started misusing UberHire and book it for single p2p travel just because it still turns out to be cheaper than an UberBlack or an UberX (during surge).
Regarding higher wait time for UberHire - that would be because of lesser vehicles in that category. Uber is gradually adding more vehicles into it.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote