Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th April 2017, 11:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Mylescars waives off security deposits on self-drive bookings

Mylescars - a self-drive car rental platform, has waived off the need for depositing security amounts prior to booking a self-drive vehicle. This step has been taken in an attempt to make renting a self-drive car more affordable as well as accessible.

Instead, the company has introduced loss damage waiver insurance packages, starting at Rs. 100 per day depending on the choice of vehicle. These loss damage waiver packages will cover accidental damage insurance, roadside assistance, accidental vehicle document loss and third party damage implications. The customer has been given the option to either choose to deposit a security amount while booking the car, or opt for the applicable damage waiver package.

The company has also reduced the lower age limit for customers from 23 years to 21 years to widen its customer base. Additionally, Myles has relaxed the permissible maximum speed limit of 100 km/h to 120 km/h on highways and expressways.

Mylescars claims that the aforementioned changes will make it easier for customers to rent a self-driving vehicle on their platform. The company is targeting a 25%-35% increase in the number of bookings by bringing the said initiatives.
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 14:01   #2

Default Re: Mylescars waives off security deposits on self-drive bookings

This is good news. The cars are of much better quality (vis a vis Zoomcar) but the biggest pain, until now, has been the 100km speed limit. I had booked a Grand i10 in Hyderabad for a trip to Laknavaram. Spotless, gleaming; as if it was straight out of a showroom. It had been driven for 20k km to my surprise. The ORR and the roads towards Warangal and this region are great throughout. Every time I would try to overtake (most cars doing 80-90) I would constantly check the speedo and have to take my foot off the A pedal as it neared 95. Needed 5+ seconds to overtake and had an aching right foot by the end of the trip. With 120 kmph, this gives drivers some breathing space.

The no deposit thing also matches the recent no-deposit initiative from Zoomcar.
ascension is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote