Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th September 2017, 14:12   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Discrimination because you have a cheap car!

I had previously mentioned about the differential treatment i received by valet people at 2 luxury hotels when in my Nano. So now i am gonna mentioned about a positive discrimination i face in my Nano. At traffic signals, beggars normally skip my Nano! At most, they make an obligatory round and quickly move on to the next better vehicle!
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 15:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

From my experience, finding a good FNG and sticking to it has been a good experience so far. And I have this experience in 4 different cities that I have resided in the past 10 yrs.

My FNG used to charge me similar (quite low) fees when I went on my Bajaj Caliber bike. When I bought a new Pulsar 180 (can be considered a 'premium bike' 5 years ago), his service levels and charges remained the same. Even today, when I take my dad's Activa for a service once in 9-12 months (extremely low running and I stay away from home), he hardly takes any labour charges, treats me to a good cup of tea and the owner keeps me company while his boys work on the scooter.

I found a FNG for my 6 yr old WagonR in Hyderabad where I go for a wash once in a couple of months and a service every 6-8 months. Even he is very prompt, doesn't charge me for small works and dissuades me from unnecessary expenses/replacements. My friend take his new top end Baleno and gets the same treatment/bills.

The other advantage of sticking to a single trusted FNG is the guy knows your vehicle's history and can help with better diagnosis and won't take you for a ride. Just like a family doctor.

My two cents.
ashis89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 16:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Trust me there are mechanics who would love to see the cars they work with running like clock work. Thankfully I have one of those mechanics.
Hey Ron,

May I know who this guy is as I'm too looking for a guy who loves his job rather than just somehow do a fix. I am from Bangalore too and own a Baleno lxi, so hope you understand the scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
My mechanic was really crossed at the attitude of these guys and he said people like these dont deserve to drive cars cheap or expensive.
Absolutely true. It's because of such guys that the duplicates are thriving in the market. Even if the original costs marginally high, people tend to look away.
unni246 is offline   Reply With Quote