Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th January 2018, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Default Video: Bikers encounter with Tigers at Tadoba

Just saw this post on YouTube which apparently happened at Tadoba Tiger Reserve . Must say those guys on the bike were really lucky .

snaseer is offline   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 10:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Video: Bikers encounter with Tigers at Tadoba

Most people would give their right arm for spotting one tiger, leave aside two. But I'm sure it was different for these fellows

On a serious note, that was a close shave . IMHO, it's silly to ride a bike around there in the first place.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 10:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On a serious note, that was a close shave . IMHO, it's silly to ride a bike around there in the first place.
It sounds silly but it is absolutely normal in tiger reserves across India for villagers to use these roads frequently. One such reserve is Ranthambore. There is a temple bang in middle of this jungle and their is a fair which happens annually where thousands of villagers reach on a single day crossing the jungle on foot. The wildlife has paid a heavy price because of us humans, I would prefer these conflicts over denying the wildlife a little bit of space of what is left for them.
Engine_Roars is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 10:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Scary, just scary. I wonder what those guys would be feeling. Not sure how the forest officials allow two wheelers in such areas frequented by tigers. I am a regular reader of the experiences of Kenneth Anderson, who was a hunter a few decades ago and I was correlating his experiences with what happened here. Fortunately, the people on the bike stood still and did not scare or try to outrun the tiger. The cat was just curious and since it had company, it did not shy away from exploring the people closely.

The driver of the jeep to behaved in a seasoned manner and did not want to be heroic until it was really necessary. Kudos to him. I bet that these two on the bike will never try to repeat what they did now and will spend a few sleepless nights. If the tiger had mauled them, it could have been fatal too.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:22   #5
BHPian

That was terrifying to watch. I can't even imagine what emotions the guys on the bike would have gone through. One of the main reasons this did not end in tragedy is that everybody involved kept a cool head and did nothing to provoke the animals. Driving through forests is unavoidable for locals, I suppose.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lucky guys. Tigers didnt seem to be hungry. Just were curious I think. Have to give it to the bike guys. Their lives would be flashing in front of them and scared to hell.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 18:20   #7
BHPian

Oh my! Now that is a situation i could not even begin to imagine how it must feel! To be sized up by two tigers up close and personal in their domain. Stuff of nightmares.

Well at least now they have a story to tell their grandchildren!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 01:51   #8
BHPian

OMG! That is one situation where none of us want to be in. I think all the guys involved here are locals. That is why they kept the cool and did nothing with the tigers around. Kudos to the guys in that four wheeler also not do anything foolish.

I had a heart in mouth situation back in 2005/06 in my hometown Pondicherry. I used to go and work in Fedex office as part time during my diploma days. I went to deliver a package in this particular home where I opened the grill gate and pressed the calling bell near the main door and waited for someone to come. Out of nowhere came a giant Dobermann from the side steps and started sniffing my legs. I froze there and didn't do anything and waited for the owner to arrive. He came and asked the dog to go away and thats when I got my life back. He sheepishly told me that I did a good thing by not running back are doing anything aggressive towards it. I simply asked him to keep "Beware of dogs" board in front gate and left as soon as possible.

Now think of these people standing in front of two tigers in the mid of a jungle.
hema4saran is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote