Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 21st November 2008, 11:57   #136
BHPian

Hope floats, I'm sure you'll be just fine!

All this jazz, plus my personal experience of hospitals avoiding treating people for even minor injuries stating 'accident case' makes me wonder - no wonder 'Hit and RUN', where feasible, is the easiest, most convenient, and a common reaction in our country. It'll take a saint to endure all that you're going through.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 12:10   #137
Team-BHP Support

Its really sad. Hope your ordeal ends. Ideally, you should have gotten compensation from their insurance for damage to your vehicle, since you are clearly not at fault
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 12:20   #138
Team-BHP Support

@Hellstar, glad to know the new judge is going to be favorable when you step in court in 5 months from now. Hope it will end favorably.

Regarding my case, a few police folks came down to my home 2-3 days back and wanted to settle the case via. Lok Adalat. The police guys wanted me to come to the PS where they will call the victim too and wanted to wrap it up there and then.

I called my lawyer who told me not to go to PS as this adalat is held at court and we will do it there. So calling me to PS was a guise to pry some money out of me.

Anyways, i think i may be going to the court tomorrow for the Lok Adalat and hopefully, it should be settled for good amicably ( even if i may have to shell out more money). As you know i already paid the victim 40K which was against my lawyer's advice.

Good luck to you and me as well.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 12:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So, done for now. Another 5 months for the next one! Man, this is bad!

Hope and pray the new judge is more responsive.

HellStar, is it ok for you to discuss a sub judice case?
i checked with my advocates junior and he said its ok unless i am divulging any informtaion what can lead to identifying the other . Now i tend to belive this unless some other advocate can contradict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its really sad. Hope your ordeal ends. Ideally, you should have gotten compensation from their insurance for damage to your vehicle, since you are clearly not at fault
Is that possible ? and i dont think the person would have taken insurance he just doesnt look like a guy who even has a family .Ok to relate i will give an example you would pass many guys like this while travveling, on the roadsides they are nothing but vagabonds and have no financial or family backing .

But when somebody like this expires ,since there is big money to be paid out suddenly some family materialises out of somewhere to claim the money and once they get the money they just disappear. The insurance case was disposed off a couple of months back and my advocate told me that A sum of Rs 5 Lakh was given to the so called dependents of the deceased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Hellstar, glad to know the new judge is going to be favorable when you step in court in 5 months from now. Hope it will end favorably.

Regarding my case, a few police folks came down to my home 2-3 days back and wanted to settle the case via. Lok Adalat. The police guys wanted me to come to the PS where they will call the victim too and wanted to wrap it up there and then.

I called my lawyer who told me not to go to PS as this adalat is held at court and we will do it there. So calling me to PS was a guise to pry some money out of me.

Anyways, i think i may be going to the court tomorrow for the Lok Adalat and hopefully, it should be settled for good amicably ( even if i may have to shell out more money). As you know i already paid the victim 40K which was against my lawyer's advice.

Good luck to you and me as well.

Good luck to you and do take care my friend

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2008 at 00:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT and MULTIQUOTE buttons instead of making multiple consecutive posts within 20 minutes.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 13:56   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Hellstar, I just saw this thread. My prayers are with you in this regards and wish you come out of all this soon.

My frend had a similar issue, but no criticality as in your case. He got a summons to appear in court. He went and pleaded guilty and paid some fine. Later he got some case from some accidents tribunal by the guys asking for compensation. he kept a lawyer and believes insurance company will take care of this case.

Now after reading through this - I have a question. Was it ok for him to plead guilty? Will the compenastion case be handled by insurance?
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 21:41   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hellstar, I just saw this thread. My prayers are with you in this regards and wish you come out of all this soon.

My frend had a similar issue, but no criticality as in your case. He got a summons to appear in court. He went and pleaded guilty and paid some fine. Later he got some case from some accidents tribunal by the guys asking for compensation. he kept a lawyer and believes insurance company will take care of this case.

Now after reading through this - I have a question. Was it ok for him to plead guilty? Will the compenastion case be handled by insurance?
I am not sure , but did you friend consult the insurance company advocate or his own advocate before pleading guilty ? The Insurance company is always party to such compensation claim cases and they would take care but with respect to matter pertaining to the court and legal system its always best to consult an advocate before doing anything.
Old 22nd November 2008, 09:54   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I am not sure , but did you friend consult the insurance company advocate or his own advocate before pleading guilty ? The Insurance company is always party to such compensation claim cases and they would take care but with respect to matter pertaining to the court and legal system its always best to consult an advocate before doing anything.
Just checked with him. The first case were he pleaded guilty was some time in 2006 mid. 2006 end he got the other case for compensation, where he kept a lawyer. So I guess he just wanted to ge rid of the first one some how, but the second case was unexpected.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 20:06   #143
BHPian

As per insurance company manager, you dont need a separate lawyer for a motor vehicle insurance claims case. Of course, you need a valid insurance policy and satisfy the drivers requirement (i.e. valid and effective driving licence). If there are third-party claims you just need to co-operate with the insurance company. Their panel lawyers will handle the case from the time they receive the claims-notice from third-party or summons from the court. The insurance company will resolve the case out-of-court or may decide to fight in the court. If reqested by the insurance company, you just need to sign vakalatnama and written-staments prepeared by them, so that insurance company can defend the case in MACT. They will carry their own investigations etc. It is a public-fund, so they have a responsibility to utilize properly.
alpha_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:42   #144
Senior - BHPian

I hope you are fine.

Need any help on insurance front please feel free to ask me.

God bless you.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 00:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

hmm no updates as yet as the hearing got postponed twice , for what so ever reasons ... i am waiting for the next date as usual
Old 11th May 2009, 19:02   #146
BHPian

Wish you all the best whenever your next hearing happens.
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 02:32   #147
BHPian

all the best, keep us updated
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 08:51   #148
BHPian

All the Best Hellstar.
Our prayers are with you.You wud come out unscathed.Truth always prevails.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 12:17   #149
Senior - BHPian

I read this story today, If I am not mistaken its been two years since the accident happened and still there is no closure of this case. This really speaks why people run after hitting. Brave of you to stand in front of people and then court. Its takes high amount of ordeal, both emotional and financial.

Its high time our judges start working like other white collar people. That will help expedite cases pending for ages, they have been working like judges from British Era and continue to work with such leisure.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 20:05   #150
BHPian

Totally.
But also the judicial system is so designed that it moves with snails pace.

I guess we should have fast track courts for these cases also.
This will at least bring more order and peace of mind rather than slowly eating away our life walking in and out of courts.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote