Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th April 2010, 10:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HellStar!

3 years is a long time, but better late than never!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:46   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to hear that, Anoop! Congratulations!!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:46   #213
BANNED

Great News. Congratulations.
idea1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:46   #214
Team-BHP Support

Thats wonderful news hellstar. Good to see that you are off the hook. I know it took time, but its great that you finally got justice.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:52   #215
BHPian

excellent news !! good to hear
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:14   #216
BHPian

Wonderful News, hellstar.
Congratulations.

Must have been a nervous time during the verdict, justice well-served. Bravo.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:18   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
wow thats a lightning fast reponse , thank you for that - the kind of mental peace that you get when this is finally over and the judge reads out the judgement was overwhelming i almost burst into tears , from the struggle that the incident has made me go through and the impact it has had on every aspect of my life - professional , financial and personal . To think that its now finally closed is really something !

A big thank you to all the fellow TBHPians for support all over again !
I just read this from start to end. Really good to hear that the ordeal is finally over for you. Congratulations, you're a free man now!

I had a similar experience at the start of this year. I was riding back from Pune to Bangalore some lady decided to run across the road at the last moment and there was no way I could avoid colliding with her. Luckily for me I had seen her from atleast half a kilometer away thanks to the good visibility on NH4 and slowed down from speeds excess of 100 to around the 60 mark.

But that did not help much because she ran across at the last minute, I could have avoided her if she had walked. Anyways, she was knocked unconscious and was immediately rushed to the hospital. I headed to the police station and spent the next two days like a criminal between police station and court in that small town in the middle of the highway. I decided to plead guilty and pay the fine as travelling 700 kms from Bangalore for every court hearing was next to impossible for me. Thankfully I was let off with just a 3K fine and the lady I hit was also fine with no grevious injury to her.

But that accident has totally changed a lot of things in my personal life. The ordeal of going to courts and feeling like a criminal is something that no one should go through. I've had it dealing with the Police, Lawyers and Doctor for some time to come and don't want anything to do with....
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:30   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the beginning of the thread to see where this all started. It must have been dreadful to live with this over your head for so long.

Glad to know it is all over, and that justice, with common sense, has been done.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:33   #219
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Anoop! Finally, justice prevailed.
To an extent i know how much this has affected your personal life, so am glad its finally over.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 12:21   #220
BHPian

Congrats Hellstar. Good to know that your ordeal has finally come to an end. Happy for you !

Let bygones be bygones, and just consider them as a bad dream, and move on with the other positive apects of your life !

Goodluck and Godspeed !
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 12:27   #221
Senior - BHPian

Red face

You must be a happy man Hellstar. But 3 years!!! Even if I try I cant imagine the effect this episode must have cast on personal, professional and family life. Given this abysmal situation , as a learning driver I wonder should I be driving at all?
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 13:00   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Finally i have some substantial update, my case reached verdict yesterday and I was acquitted without any warning / fine . I now have to get the copy of teh final judgement and the Bail surety amount of Rs10k back , which i guess will take time now.

A free bird at last !

Cant thank all of you guys enough for the support and the concern .. really helped a lot ...
CONGRATS!! This calls for celebration really!! When are you next in Chennai / Mahabs??
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 13:28   #223
BHPian

Hell Star this calls for a celebration. Congratd buddy.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 13:32   #224
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that and many congratulations on being a free bird again. It took some time and all the pain that you had to go through, but all is well if end is well.
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 13:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

Thats wonderful news man, Congratulations. This verdict does make one believe that one can have some faith in the Indian Justice system.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote