Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th August 2008, 16:43   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I had my court hearing this morning and when my name called i went and stood in front of the judge ( you know like a proper criminal, with hands folded and with a look of regret and grief on my face) and he told me police have not filed a charge sheet till now and told me you can go and dont have to come back to court until you receive summons from the court. I simpley walked out happily paying the darbar a 50 buck note.

I was told by my lawyer's assistant that it is advantageous as the case will die a natural death as the police have not filed a charge sheet after 1.5 years so what are the chances they will do in the near future. Keeping my fingers crossed

Goodluck my friend and wish a speedy and safe closure to your case!
Lucky you ! and nice to know that you are doing good.

AS for me i have some more things to be worried about , due to some personal reasons i was forced to shift to a new employer and the new job role reuqires me to be mobile 75% global mobility . This is not in good interests with the matters in court and , if i get a summons and i am not able to get back in time for the hearing in court then the summons becomes a warrant and then it goes into all sorts of legal intricacies and that why i wanna get this over with as soon as possible.

In all probailities this may not happen but , this is yet another thing for me to be worried about.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:01   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
AS for me i have some more things to be worried about , due to some personal reasons i was forced to shift to a new employer and the new job role reuqires me to be mobile 75% global mobility . This is not in good interests with the matters in court and , if i get a summons and i am not able to get back in time for the hearing in court then the summons becomes a warrant and then it goes into all sorts of legal intricacies
This is dangerous. Always be present on the day of your hearing. Otherwise, if your lawyer is good enough, he can give some excuse and take another hearing date.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th August 2008 at 17:06.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:09   #108
Team-BHP Support

mobike008: Since you have been kind enough to give money to the drunken idiot. Can he not take the blame and accept his guilt in the court.

This way the case is about the State Vs drunken idiot and not you.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is dangerous. Always be present on the day of your hearing. Otherwise, if your lawyer is good enough, he can give some excuse and take another hearing date.
He will be served with 3 summons before being issued a warrant. His lawyer could always get an adjournment.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:22   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
mobike008: Since you have been kind enough to give money to the drunken idiot. Can he not take the blame and accept his guilt in the court.

This way the case is about the State Vs drunken idiot and not you.
I haven't heard back from them after i paid them the money which was last year around May/June. I don't intend to even approach them now else they get a feeling they can fleece more money out of me.

I reckon will just let this situation take its natural course towards its closure.

Btw, i have to thank our tbhp friends who saw me through the ordeal that night and next day until i appeared in the court.

Again my sincere thanks goes to Naveen k.k, Kkrk2 and Suren181 who were by my side till the initial ordeal was over.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th August 2008 at 17:26.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 17:49   #111
BHPian

Pity I haven't seen this thread before!

Wish you all the best hellstar.

Now I realize why it is said "Justice delayed = justice denied" :(
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:01   #112
BHPian

Hey Hellstar,

Have been following your ownership thread, but never saw this one till today. I really hope things turn out the best.

May the one be on your side!

Cheers
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 12:20   #113

Thumbs up

Hellstar and Mobike, this seems to be a very painful ordeal till you avail a clean chit; I pity that this is happening inspite of none of your mistake.

Wish all the good luck be in your favour.
freakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 07:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Default Court Day #2

Today is the second day the court is hearing my case , and today hopefully the chargesheet will be read out and i have to react to that . After which my lawyer is trying to get me a permenant exemption from attending further hearings except the final hearing where the verdict will be read out.

I do hope that i get the exemption through other wise i will end up being a regular corridor visitor at the City Court. Will update on what happened when i am back , my lawyer has warned me that today might turn out to be long day at the court depending on when the case is put up for hearing.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 08:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Take care, HellStar, and all the best with the hearing. Hope things are in your favour.

Hope you get out this mess at the earliest, Judge willing!
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 08:52   #116
BHPian

I know how it is to be in court and waiting for your turn as i had personaly gone through it! be strong and hope things workout good.
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 09:47   #117
BHPian

Hope it would be a good day for you ! Take care
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 09:49   #118
Team-BHP Support

Anoop, hope your agony isnt prolonged further, and everything works out favourably.
All the Best!
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 10:10   #119
Senior - BHPian

Our best wishes are with you, may justice prevail.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 10:18   #120
Team-BHP Support

God will be with you today. All the best !!
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote