Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th May 2007, 19:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

, i have Nippon security system (with body sensor) in my esteem which was factory fitted (limited edition model). How can i increase the sensitivity of the body sensor?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 23:41   #17
BHPian

There usually is a knob on the main unit to control the sensitivity.

Quote:
I do not think it is that easy. The faceplate apparently has a chip that matches another in the main body. Just putting in another faceplate, even if for the same model of HU, won't make it work. That is the idea behind removable faceplates AFAIK
Face plate of my dads stereo works on my car. We use the same models.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 10:41   #18
BHPian

Yes, they have knobs to increase the sensitivity, but beware....If the sensitivity is more than a certain limit the alarm will go on when some one lean over the car or even if a dog barks near the parked car. I had problems with my Wagon R when the wiring to the sensors had a shortcircuit and everytime my car washing guy cleans the car the entire neighbourhood gets disturbed by the blaring alarm.
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 12:27   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Theft attempt in my car

Election season again, all SUV owners around Mumbai, please be careful about your vehicles
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/18551031.cms
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:38   #20
BHPian

Default Re: Theft attempt in my car

Yesterday I noticed that exterior door moulding of our Creta is missing and it looks like someone tried to pull it off by making a hole in the lower skirting.

There is hole in the skirting and it seems whatever impact pulled the moulding was so strong, that it took 4-5 locks with it.

Notice the rupture in the skirting below

But the most common modus operandi is breaking the windows or locks. Is it possible to break into the vehicle through the lower part of the door? If not, why else would someone break this part?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote