Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th September 2009, 11:17   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Irresponsibility by Shell bunk, a new bunk opened last month near my place(Basavanagar) it was my second fill there and this time i dint get out of the car as i was in a hurry that day...

So the attendant filled and i made the payment and left about half akm people around started to point towards my car and some one passing told me that the petrol lid was missing and this got me into a shock! got down and checked to my horror the attendant had not put the cap back and the lid was open... i went back.

The moment i reached the bunk called the manager and he got mouth full from me, the attendant who filled comes slowly with a cap as he had realised what a blunder he had done, i had to stop myself from thrashing that moron there..

Anyhow the Shell guys apologized and told that this guy was new and blah blah...

Its scary that how a untrained person is trained, i mean at the peoples/customers cost! really sad!!
This may be a genuine mistake/ oversight. It can happen with anyone. I think you (As a car owner) should be more careful. It includes validating whether zero has been set or not and whether the right fuel is used or not.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

DF, yes i do that normally that was 1 day where i dint and ended up with a problem...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:24   #243
Senior - BHPian

Lohit,

make it a point to get down every time and be present while fueling is being done. this will have lot many advantages

1. you can watch the fueling being done which reduces the chances of the attendent cheating
2. you can ensure proper re-setting of counters
3. ensure that the nozzle is not controlled by the person and no short filling
4. ensure that the lid is completely put back
5. ensure that you make right payment and always insist that you get a bill.

if required you can reduce the number of trips to the station, but never fuel in a hurry.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:35   #244
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why, but sometime, especially on the highways, when I refuel, I sometimes get this phobia that the tank is not closed properly. This is, even after the fact that I stand besides the attendant while re-fueling and me hearing the lock sound, when rotated after full lock.

So now a days, I started doing it myself; I open the tank, if attendant is busy setting to zero and all, but I ALWAYS close the tank myself.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:55   #245
Senior - BHPian

Actually even am too careful, but since it was the Shell bunk and i was in hurry. anyways after that i make sure i get down and keep a watch...

WHat i have noticed Shell has well trained guys who know there job well, but this was a bit shocking! guess since the bunk was new they have all new guys...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 12:09   #246
BHPian

My dad had a bad experience once at the Bunk Opposite Fun World at JC Nagar. Horrible bunk that one. The one near Cantonment Station also tried once which was a surprise as they had a good reputation.

I fill only on Shell on OMR near Big Bazaar and on Lavelle Road for both my car and bike even if it involves some additional kms. So rampant cheating at most bunks and the authorities do not do anything.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 21:57   #247
Senior - BHPian

Smile Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Had a bad experience today at IOC after Manipal Hospital/In front of Diamond district.
Jaggu, this is 'possibly' the worst petrol bunk on the Airport road, when it comes to ethics [and also fuel quality]. Even if your car stops due to no fuel, buy a 1 ltr water bottle, try to empty & dry it and reach the BP bunk on the opposite side of the road, opp to Manipal hospital. It is, I think, the most honest bunk on Airport road. This exercise, though tiring and time consuming, is far better than filling up at the above mentioned bunk.

The BP bunk is called D.M & Sons, and I've never had a problem, to date. Of course, I still get out of car and watch the fuelling process when it's done.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 22:59   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
  • I always fill with Shell
  • always early in the morning
  • always super unleaded
  • always almost-empty-tank to full tank
  • always credit card
  • always the same Shell pump (Whitefield)
  • always I come out
  • always stand in front of the pump from the time it says to zero till the tank is full
  • always check my indicator once I'm inside the car
  • always never look anywhere else
Life seems a lot easier in the cowbelts.
No such rigour
Have rarerly been cheated at HP or IOC.
Must be the bull that scares the cheats here
goswami.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:20   #249
BHPian

Does anyone know of a SHELL petrol pump near Hebbal (from flyover to Yelahanka)? Please let me know. Or, do we have a compile of SHELL pumps on any of our threads. Please post. Thank you.
andescondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:52   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Does anyone know of a SHELL petrol pump near Hebbal (from flyover to Yelahanka)? Please let me know. Or, do we have a compile of SHELL pumps on any of our threads. Please post. Thank you.
Shell in India - Shell Station Locator
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:55   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Or, do we have a compile of SHELL pumps on any of our threads.
There you go: Shell in India - Shell Station Locator
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 08:38   #252
BHPian

I always fill up with Shell Super Petrol. No issues till date. Also, Club HP outlets are good too. There was never an instance of the "Cashier" diverting my attention while filling up.
However, i almost never drive alone. I will either have my Wife or Dad or a Friend accompany me. So, i usually get out of the car, watch the fuelling being done (with severe intensity, mind you!) and take off my eyes only after the fueling is done (or if my eyes turns watery, whichever is earlier!). If the attandent asks for money, i point towards my Navigator who pays for the fuel. Nice setup?
bond_bhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 09:27   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
If the attandent asks for money, i point towards my Navigator who pays for the fuel. Nice setup?
Great setup. I too prefer to fill when someone is with me to answer the questionnaire thrown in by the swarming extras. But from what I have seen, I do not require anyone when I am at Shell. Speaks for itself.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 19:17   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
So, i usually get out of the car, watch the fuelling being done (with severe intensity, mind you!) and take off my eyes only after the fueling is done (or if my eyes turns watery, whichever is earlier!).
I follow the same strategy, and it really works.

When I go to a nearby IBP petrol bunk to refuel my bike, I generally go in off-peak hours. More chances of being cheated in rush hour.

I clearly declare amount to be filled - Rs100.

I don't open the fuel lid until the counter is reset to zero. By this time, the attendants start to realise that cheating me is going to be very difficult.

When they start filling, I keep my eyes glued to the meter as if nothing else in the world matters to me at that time, no amount of pestering can divert my attention from the meter - not even a fire or a flood or even an earthquake.

The attendants get the point and move on to try their tricks on someone else.

But for my car, I trust only Shell. Going for refueling in a Shell outlet is a real pleasurable experience and I enjoy every moment of it.

Even though the Shell staff is generally well trained and trustworthy, I still step out of the car to ensure that the counter is reset to zero and the fuel lid is put back and secured properly.

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:43   #255
Team-BHP Support

I generally fill up with HP and till date had no problems. Also I always do full tank. Never pay cash. Only card.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote