Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th June 2007, 15:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does anyone think that the perceived/actual improvement in FE from Shell fuel is due to the fact that you're actually getting the correct amount of fuel at Shell?

Consider a car that gives 10 km/L. With 10 L, you can run 100 km.
However, if you're cheated and given only 9 L instead of the 10 L you asked for, you can run only 90 km. You assume you've got 10 L, so calculate your FE as 9 km/L. On the other hand, at Shell, you're given an actual 10 L, so you run 100 km, and calculate the FE as 10 km/L.
In most cases I have seen adulteration as the reason for lower FE as well as slow pickup. I have not experienced cheating on volume in Fuel pumps yet so I presume it is less than 5% cases we have cheating in Volume and remaining 95% may be attributed to adulteration.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 21:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Have experienced the same with almost all BP outlets, Most notorious is the one opposite to IBM on Bannerghatta road.
later i visited the BP website and lodged a complaint against the petrol bunk. About a month later i got a call from BP regarding this, and he said they have received similar complaints from other customers ho have filled from that bunk.He assured that the license will be revoked and a strict action will be taken against him.
Dont know whether this has been done, cause i never venture near that outlet anymore.
This petrol bunk is a CO-CO one ( Company owned Company operated).
It would be interesting to see how they go about revoking the license of their own bunk.

Wind...
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 07:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

The bunk you are talking about used to be company owned. It no longer is. It is been licensed out to a private party.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 06:52   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who get Diesel from Shell, pls watch out - they are possibly having supply problems at this time. Petrol does not seem to be affected.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Those who get Diesel from Shell, pls watch out - they are possibly having supply problems at this time. Petrol does not seem to be affected.

Eh!! This is happening a lot now.. lucky i tanked up 2 days back.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes this is true but see the positive side of this - You are sure you are getting fresh stocks.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:16   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes this is true but see the positive side of this - You are sure you are getting fresh stocks.
Diesel has an expiry date?? j/k
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it appears the Shell on Old Madras Road is out of petrol also.

I was turned away, and was running on empty. Stupid me. Managed to limp to another bunk to fill up.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Diesel DOES AGE with time and a gummy substance separate out from it. This is harmful for the car.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:20   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Eh!! This is happening a lot now.. lucky i tanked up 2 days back.
From what I hear, you could do well to find alternatives for now, until they resolve their issues.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:30   #87
BHPian

I think this issue of shortage in Shell pumps is going on for quite sometime now. Last month it was 'no petrol', then they had 'only super grade petrol' for a few days and now 'no diesel'. It seems the supply is not able to meet the demand as most of the people who live/drive near a Shell pump, prefers it.

In Hosur road, at any time Shell is having atleast 4-5 vehicles tanking up, while all others (atleast 2-3 of them) in the vicinity have only some autos and 2 wheelers, at the most.

I also hear that many car dealers have started recommending the new owners to go for Shell/Reliance. Think its time for 'Sarkari Oil cos' to have a hard look at themselves.

Last edited by appuchan : 2nd July 2007 at 21:32.
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:52   #88
BHPian

Smile

yes - last week old madras shell only had normal petrol and no super, so i tanked up on normal for the first time in 1.5yrs!! Anyways I hear shell normal is also way better than other pumps' premium My other option which i used before shell was HP cv raman nagar, i think that is COCO

-j
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:43   #89
BANNED

Shell.....shell........shell.......But no petrol,

Well, all good things happening in only in shell at bangalore, but for the last 8 days no petrol available, i fill up only in shell from last 1.5yrs, yesterday my swift about to dry, so i decided to fill in at old & famous reddy-BP pump at seshadripuram, i asked to full tank, guy started quiet fastly, i asked him to slow down the dispensing, mean time he almost filled 40 ltr's, he goes on filling up 41,42,43,44.... i stopped him at 44.08, if i not stopped definately he will up with another 2 ltr's!! i started blasting him about how can he fill up 44ltr's,against 43 ltr's capacity tank, that too having 1-2 ltr's old petrol in tank, manager came same blah.... blah.... happened, i questioned my self why i came here .
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:54   #90
Team-BHP Support

Subbarao, being so accustomed to Shell and its ways, you faced teh jolt from the other petrol bunk. I have been moaning about the lack of petrol at Shell too, here is the linky :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bangalore.html (Short supply of fuel at Shell outlets in Bangalore)
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote