Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 22nd May 2007, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Default Idiot cabbie pulled me down in my bike!!

Hi all,
I would like to share my bad experience today! I was riding my dads scooter (my bike has been given for service) today to my office at 7.30 AM in ML layout area and i had in front a cabbie (tata indica). I was in 30s seems so and was to left behind him. suddenly all of a sudden he slowed down and took a left turn without given any indications!. I just couldn't recover from sudden braking and left turn of his and dashed to left side back body of the indica. And the result! , i fell down hurting my self in elbows and legs! The cabbie didn't even stop to tell sorry! Son of *****. Nobody even on road helped . I stood cleaned my clothes,wiped the blood and cursing the cabbie came to office not in mood to work! What a bad day. God bless all.

mods, If this is not the right section please move it.

Regards,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 22nd May 2007 at 12:01. Reason: don't know which section to put this!
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

@Ramki : There seems to be ALMOST nothing that one can do against these breed of cabbies. they care a damn about the vehicles they drive, the manner in which they drive, other road users, passengers in their cabs and literally no authority in the world. All you can do is to remain careful around them, and make amends to your driving. That their higher ups never reprimand them is another story altogether.

Try reasoning out with them and you would have to put up with their gangs which spring up from almost nowhere all of a sudden.

Its sad that the emergence of the IT-ITes sectors have given rise to such a brand of people who put the lives of many others at risk as they proceed about their business.

P.S. : Mods, shouldnt this thread have been in the Street Experiences section?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Tough luck Ramki. But good to know you are safe otherwise.

P.S. Idiot is too mild. But you have called him something nice later ...
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your injuries because of someone else's fault Ramki. Indicabbies, barring a few, are no different in Pune too.
(Shouldnt this be in the street experiences section?).
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Glad that you are safe.

Like in the other thread,nowadays Nobody is really bothered about anybody else just keep blaming their fast pace of life for that.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:16   #6
BHPian

Take care buddy, I was just wondering if it would have been any use to call the number on the back to report rash/stupid driving.
kiranpashtakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:18   #7
BHPian

no use kiran.... when i got conscious that i really fell down, he was 30 ft further and going... no use just bad luck!
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

These cab drivers have absolutely no traffic sense. They drive just like they walk, take turns whenever they want. It is pathetic. The requirement for drivers has suddenly shot up so high that every one who did not have a job is a cab driver now.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thats very unfortunate Ramki !!!

That attitude of the cabbies is common in bangalore, Most of them are a bunch of idiots...
I see almost everyday that they take turns without indicating....

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:15   #10
Team-BHP Support

Abhi, they dont just restrict themselves to turning without indicating. In the midst of heavy traffic, where there is no gap at all, they think blaring their damned horns would make traffic split just like the Read Sea parted for Moses and company to pass through.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

I was in this signal i halted to left on the road , the traffic slowly started to slow down to signal . A tata sumo cab halts fully loaded . A private indica stop a distance behind the tata sumo ,i saw the indica halted with enuff distance .All of the sudden the sumo due to inclination backs off and touched the green indica with a dent in the bonnet , the whole thing i was watching .Instead of apologising , the tata cabbbie gets down and cruses the indica off hitting from behind and tries to scold him off ...mean while the singal turns green and tata sumo guy gets back and proceeds furthur .By the time the indica guy got down the traffic started and he couldnt do anything .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:29   #12
BHPian

I see two main reasons for negligent driving by those cab drivers.

1. They are overstressed, most of them dont even go home for sleep. They just sleep in the car itself between trips and do double duties without rest.
2. The car is not their own . Under finance, and they have no plans to repay and make enough of the car till finance recovery team takes the car away.

IMHO the only solution is a good public transport like the MetroRailway.
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Abhi, they dont just restrict themselves to turning without indicating. In the midst of heavy traffic, where there is no gap at all, they think blaring their damned horns would make traffic split just like the Read Sea parted for Moses and company to pass through.
Ya Benny, u r spot on, I have not seen a single cabbie without sidewall scratches, bent rims, bent bumpers, broken head/tail lamps etc...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:11   #14
Team-BHP Support

Just count your lucky stars that you were not at a high speed. Else the self damage could have been a lot more. The cabbies in this country do not give a dime about road rules and safety issues.

I think there is a tremendous laxity on the part of the rule enforcers as well. If they decided to do something about these call center cabs they will fall in line within a week. However I have a strong suspicion that even the hiring organizations have a tacit support for this behaviour inspite of they mouthing all the platitudes about being responsible corporate citizens and all...
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:17   #15
HKP
BHPian

ramki,

I have experienced this myself here in Bangalore and it looks like almost everyone has a similar incident to tell. Sometimes I really think of taking those Volvo buses to Office. Its really very stressful to drive here.

Take care...
HKP is offline   Reply With Quote