Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th May 2007, 18:40   #31
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also AFAIK, there is no police complaint required to claim insurance.
A police complaint would be required in some cases like theft claims or if third party damage is involved. I also thought that a police report would be required for major claims, but I may have been wrong. Possibly the insurance company may be satisfied with its own investigation.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 18:44   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

For private vehicles no FIR is needed unless their is damage to third party whom the insurer want to pay through insurance
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 19:54   #33
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet View Post
Truck guy told me that he was braking hard but his brakes were not fully functional, due to the impact my car had got pushed ahead by I would guess 3/4 feet.
The approach to the toll gate is on level road and if your car was in neutral with handbrakes not engaged, then the impact from the truck was surely at low speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet
Mechnic told me that even the floor of the car mostly in the back passenger section has got damaged due to the impact and that would cost a lot in labor also the rear windhshield has got cracked but not fallen off

I have obtained a copy of the estimate from JayVijay, sadly there is no one else in close proximity to take another quote from..
The estimate of Rs. 1 lakh is quite staggering for a relatively minor collision. What I am wondering is whether the Petra's strong build worked against it in this case, transferring the impact from the rear bumper/boot on to the chassis and causing the damage to windshield/floor/radiator.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:31   #34
BHPian

[quote=mchulet;447453]The damage was extensive, JayVijay Pune has quoted 1L for the repairs. Because of the build quality of Fiat no one in the car got injured although it was fully occupied. But looks like there is some damage to various parts of the car because of the impact but I am not able to ascertain that...

After seeing the picture it doesnt seems that it will cost 1L to get it repaired.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 21:26   #35
BHPian

Without removing that rear bumper, there is no way to tell how extensive the damage is.... bumper covers up a lot.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 21:33   #36
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
For private vehicles no FIR is needed unless their is damage to third party whom the insurer want to pay through insurance
"Police report/FIR, wherever available, is desired by insurers in all major claims" as per the following website:

Indiabike - Insurance Services

Probably insurance companies will insist on a police report for major claims if there are any suspicious circumstances. Otherwise they may rely on their own investigation, given the notorious inefficiency and corruption in our police.
Old 28th May 2007, 21:56   #37
Team-BHP Support

sorry to hear about the accident, your car can be restored to its prime and lucky that the impact was shared by the wheel well and spare tyre, had almost very similar experience with the City (worse damages than yours) but was restored back.

the wheel well area is usually re-enforced as well as act as a crumple zone, so it helps in absorbing rear end collusions
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 10:10   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
A police complaint would be required in some cases like theft claims or if third party damage is involved. I also thought that a police report would be required for major claims, but I may have been wrong. Possibly the insurance company may be satisfied with its own investigation.
Maybe for thefts but, we are talking about an automobile accident and FIR is not needed
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 15:48   #39

there seems to a shortage of parts(for starters Dicky cover and bumper is not available) and the JayVijay guy just cannot started because of parts not being available. I am wondering if this just JayVijay problem ? Is anyone facing similar problems ? Is there some place where all the parts are readily available and I can pickup from them ?
mchulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:14   #40

Default Don't buy Fiat

Quote:
there seems to a shortage of parts(for starters Dicky cover and bumper is not available) and the JayVijay guy just cannot started because of parts not being available. I am wondering if this just JayVijay problem ? Is anyone facing similar problems ? Is there some place where all the parts are readily available and I can pickup from them ?
Its been one and a half months and work has not even begun on my car because of people at Fiat not supplying the required parts . Which makes my opinion the same as that of most of the people in India, don't buy Fiat car if you want a stress free after sales service
Old 29th June 2007, 14:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

That is really bad!

But I feel you have taken your Car to the wrong place!
According the Fiat India website, Jay-Vijay is no longer Fiat authorized SC, here are the Fiat Authorized SC in Mumbai, please take your Car to one of these SC's:

Dealer Name : Wasan Motors
Address :
Deonar
Near Shah Industrial Estate,
Survey no-339/340, Deonar Village,
,Deonar-,
Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Pin : 400088
Contact Details :
Phone No : 022-254804
Mobile 24 Hrs service : 9821287423/9820512021/ 9820812340

Dealer Name : Shaman Automobiles
Address :
Near Amar Wire Rolling Mill
Sewree Cross Rd,
R.K.Rd ,
Sewree -West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Pin : 400015
Contact Details :
Phone No : (022) 2431
Fax No :(022) 24321919
Mobile 24 Hrs service : 9820355228
Email : bhaveshbhatt@teamshaman.com

Dealer Name : Fortune Cars
Address :
D 237, MIDC
TTC, Thane-Belapur Road,
Nerul,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Contact Details :
Phone No : (022) - 92
Fax No :(022) - 55907305 / 27612371
Mobile 24 Hrs service : Fortune Cars
Email : fortunecars@sify.com

Source: Fiat India

Last edited by finneyp : 29th June 2007 at 14:30.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:34   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its been one and a half months and work has not even begun on my car because of people at Fiat not supplying the required parts . Which makes my opinion the same as that of most of the people in India, don't buy Fiat car if you want a stress free after sales service
MChulet, I wanted to resist posting but Jay-Vijay is not an authorised dealer for sales and service for Fiat anymore! They are just clearing old stocks they have for the Palio / Petra. I got this info from a reliable source. They will soon be getting a Tata-Fiat dealership but I am not too sure Tata would want to risk their products with these guys. Their sales staff are good but service is horrible! Heck their workshop is so poorly lit that I wonder how they manage to look into the cramped engine bays!

EDIT: Give me the list of parts that you are looking for. I will try to check with my friend from B.U. Bhandari if he has stock!

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th June 2007 at 14:37.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 15:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have u tried contacting the Fiat guys? They will co-ordinate everything if Jay-Vijay's dealership has been revoked.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 17:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't look like u've got any structural damage.
Get that boot fixed and it'll be fine.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 12:41   #45

I have been following with Fiat guys(Ranjangoan) for the last 20 days, I have been speaking to their Spare Parts and more recetly their Customer Service Head. I feel JayVijay & Fiat both are equally responsible for this delay but I am not able to 100% pin point who it is

Now their Spare parts head says they have ordered for the unavailable hinge from Italy and will take 4 days to get here, that makes the starting date as mid of next week :-(

I now feel I should have gone to BU Bhandari instead of JayVijay, I don't hate them cause they are a well mannered set of ppl but just not aggressive enough for my comfort