Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th May 2007, 19:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I think we have a rule in bangy that , public could call a number and report about the strays(cows) to the city corporation.
Obviously that number doesnt work, or they dont bother, which explains why Madiwala market has greater number of footfalls from cows, rather than humans. Try driving through Madiwala market during evenings, and it would resemble a manger, rather than a road.

The cows can also be seen resting right in the middle of the road, much to the bewilderment of motorists who take it up as just another challenge in the daily walk of life. to maneuver around them.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 19:47   #17
BHPian

really??these cows have owner??i didnt know that,but how come they are always in the road at anytime morning,afternoon,evening ...
i think this is not democracy that leave the animals in the raods.
i've seen many many dogs and pigs which are totaly sick and got diease,apart from traffic problem these animals are dangerous for our health and aspect of city.
who likes to live in a city full of animal's dirt and...
lbm sir,i am foreigner and knows almost all the foreigner in pune,none of them are attracted with these animals.

Last edited by payam : 30th May 2007 at 19:48.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 22:01   #18
BHPian

I too had witnessed one of these cow incidents in Bommanahalli Junction, in Hosur Road, towards E-City in Bangy. There was no traffic signal there; the highway traffic on both the sides of the road was blocked by a traffic police for vehicles coming from the junction to join and cross the highway. .by this time, lot of two wheelers came infront and they were waiting for the signal from the cop to move…there came a man guiding around 10 buffalos, who also wants to cross the road..Two-three of the buffalos which were not ready to cross the road at that time was beaten very badly by that man with a big stick and they scattered and ran in all the directions stamping at least 4-5 bikes and scooters.. One mid aged man in a scooter was very badly injured in his face, and couple of the bikes fell in the adjacent gutter !!..poor people got injured by some one else’s mistake !

The funny part was, after this happened the traffic police man came, took the stick from that guy and started beating him like how he did with the animals and at last he fled from the scene…!

Note from the Support Staff: Please do not use text format tags.
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
As for the biker here, maybe he, like thousands of drivers in our country, thought that he was Moses and if he honked everything on the roads would spread out leaving him with a clear stretch of road to zoom off in. He deserved it. Hopefully he has learnt a lesson and realises how it must feel to other road users when he refuses to give way riding at 30kmph in the right most lane.
Moses types drives cars as well. And there are cagers who sits on the outer most lane with their ORVMs folded and doing 30kph with their hands wrapped around a cell phone or busy feeding themselves or playing with their lady. Well then the cager deserves when every biker cuts him off or scratches his precious fender. And deserves being stuck in the traffic for ages.

By the way amit, team-bhp consists of bikers as well as cagers. There might be more cagers in here than bikers, we also have the right to use the tarmac as much as you do. And our lives do not cost less than yours. And my bike is as precious to me as whatever car you own is precious to you. When talking about the life on the street cagers and bikers both make life difficult for each other and maybe you see the bikers doing it more because there are more bikes than cars on our streets.

I am not endorsing or justifying the poor behaviour by bikers or cagers. I just wanted to bring in to your attention that youre not a supreme being sitting in your car and neither am i.

Also there was an accident many years ago near Madurai in which a Merc E class hit a tree and split into two killing all the occupants, it happened coz the driver lost control when he swerved the vehicle to avoid hitting a goat. The victims were the relatives of my friend.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

In 2003, while returning from office at 21.00 hrs speeding at 60-70 kmph in my bike, a bunch of cows came into the main road from the side street as couple of guys there chased them out from the side street for fun.

All of sudden, I see them stranded right in my path. I braked hard before I hit one & fell down from the bike. Few seconds it was blank for me & soon I realized that I need to move out from the middle of the road. I was in total confusion when four to five heavy vehicles with bright headlights passed me in the opposite direction (i was lying down with my head facing the opposite direction)

Luckily there is no other vehicle behind me & I was not thrown to the opposite side of the road. Lots of damage to the bike, but I managed to drive it down.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 10:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its become common thing in Bangalore where you can find herd of cattle hanging around in the midlle of the road. the dangerous part is they are there at nights too. One night when it was raining madly i missed hitting one.

Talking about offenders i feel its not about the vehicles, but its the people who drive/ride. for instance yesterday i found this cycle dude who was riding in the middle of the road (Airport Road). even pedistrains cause too many dangerous situations by crossing from everywhere, walking on roads etc. i feel people who use the roads should have the sense and people who let these cows should be punished.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 11:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
really??these cows have owner??i didnt know that,but how come they are always in the road at anytime morning,afternoon,evening

Really. Some of them even have a RC & FC. LOL Welcome to India, Mr.payam.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Moses types drives cars as well. And there are cagers who sits on the outer most lane with their ORVMs folded and doing 30kph with their hands wrapped around a cell phone or busy feeding themselves or playing with their lady.
Of course they do. That is why I said "like thousands of DRIVERS" in my post. If I wanted to stick to bikers I would have said RIDERS And if you read my post without getting hyper, you would notice that I have written about pedestrians, bikers and drivers. In short, I feel EVERYONE is at fault for the mess that our roads are in. To add to your post, I don't think people drive at 30kmph because they are talking on the mobile or eating or playing with their lady. I have seen people doing that just because they can. From Mercs to the taxi's, I have spotted every possible car doing 30kmph in the right lane.

Quote:
By the way amit, team-bhp consists of bikers as well as cagers. There might be more cagers in here than bikers, we also have the right to use the tarmac as much as you do. And our lives do not cost less than yours. And my bike is as precious to me as whatever car you own is precious to you. When talking about the life on the street cagers and bikers both make life difficult for each other and maybe you see the bikers doing it more because there are more bikes than cars on our streets.
Sure you have all the right to use the tarmac as I have.

The problem is none of the people using the road think of the problem their idiotic behavior causes to others. Pedestrians dart across the highway without thinking how risky it i s to him and vehicles. Bikers don't think that no matter how huge the rear view mirror of a car, there are blind spots and it is possible that the car driver may not have seen him.The car driver doesn't think about the problem the truck driver has in manovering his heavy vehicle. Just like bikers cut cars, cars cut across trucks. Same thing. Abroad, the weaker person on the road is respected and given right of way thats why cars wait for pedestrians. Here size matters. If a pedestrian is about to cross the road, vehicles speed up, if a vehicle is turning onto a road or approaching a round about, other bigger vehicles speed up and block him out. Nowadays, I feel like everyone is using their vehicles as a weapon or a missle! Everyone has a scowl on thier faces in this country and on the roads, Indians are the most selfish people I have seen and I have driven in quite a few countries so I believe I can comment on this.

Quote:
I just wanted to bring in to your attention that youre not a supreme being sitting in your car and neither am i.
The problem with us is we take everything personally!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Really. Some of them even have a RC & FC. LOL Welcome to India, Mr.payam.
thanks man,but what is FC?
Old 4th June 2007, 13:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Fitness certificate, badly needed for vehicles, cows & their drivers. No, actually it is only for the vehicles. After 15 years for private vehicles.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 17:26   #26
BHPian

you must be kidding me huh?fitness certificate for cow??
Old 4th June 2007, 18:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I think we have a rule in bangy that , public could call a number and report about the strays(cows) to the city corporation.
would you put this number online, so that it can be helpful to bangy boys....

atleast the concerned dept would be waking up when we call them.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 06:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

If any vehicle hits any animal on a public road, then should the vehicle owner pay the damages(as per the law) ?

I've heard both the conflicting comments. That's why I have asked !!!
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 13:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
would you put this number online, so that it can be helpful to bangy boys....
atleast the concerned dept would be waking up when we call them.
Check this link and read query number 23.

Karnataka Frequenty Asked Questions [FAQ]

For street cow menace: 2227 7789
For stray dogs menace:

* 25711036 (East Zone) - CUPA
* 26724036 (South Zone) - ARF
* 23411181 (West Zone) - SPCA

Any other complaints to BCC: 22227822
For general queries: 22221188

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 11th June 2007 at 13:55.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 09:34   #30
BHPian

Default Re: A bikewallah hit a cow

This thread reminds of an incident that happened to me in 2009 April. I had just bought my first Bullet. A 2009 Electra cast Iron, one of the last of its kind, named it Bhagat Singh after my idol, Sardar Bhagat Singh.

Was chugging along @ 50kmph on BS and reached kondapur. There was an auto ahead of me covering my vision completely. He was driving it in the middle of the road leaving no space for me to overtake him. I dropped down my speed and was honking at him and waiting for him to give me side. And suddenly he takes a sharp left very typical of our Hyderabadi auto wallahs, and I couldn't believe what I saw next . A buffalo, charging towards me and I just managed to dive BS and myself to left barely making out of it scratch less. Thank god for the presence of mind and BS for the awesome balance to enable that maneuver. But my heart raced like anything! Stopped and searched for the guy who was its owner, but he was no where to be seen. I thanked my good stars and left from there.

But I still can see clearly that buffalo charging towards me
Inquilab28 is offline   Reply With Quote