Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th October 2011, 19:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My experience at Indira Nagar RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post

Finally I get back to this chap and he goes through my papers and says I have to pay 25 rupees fine since I am transferring the ownership 2 weeks after the date shown on the agreement (I didnt know that..... my mistake). But couldn't these guys mention everything at one shot??
First of all, congratulations and I commend you on testing and fighting the system. I would love to do this myself.

BTW, what's this Rs.25 fine for 2 weeks. Date of which agreement?

And the brown envelope part was amazing.

This thread really demonstrates that a common man with the required home work (mental as well as material) and willpower can straighten the agencies and curb corruption.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 05:31   #62
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: My experience at Indira Nagar RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I visited Indiranagar to pay life time tax for my car from another state during May and the amount of paperwork, inspection etc was just not doable on my own, mainly because everything was in Kannada.
Reminds me of my experience when i tried to pay the road tax in Bangalore (Indranagar RTO) for my bike. I had to pay the bribes, and then had to literally follow up with the agent for 3 weeks till i could get the documents. That too didnt come without its share of drama. After i reached my wits end, my bro brought along a friend of his who was well-connected and then threatened the agent and his goons to handing back the documents. Needless to say, the documents with the tax paid receipt were handed to me the very next day!

As for handling the Kannada part, i took along fellow TBHPian Condor to the Indiranagar RTO when trying to cancel the hypothecation for my car's loan.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote