Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th June 2007, 00:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, i think it is a cycle rickshaw, not an auto. He would have paid 3 L if it is an auto.
3L for an Auto.
U got confused b/w an auto n Alto i guess
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 00:54   #32
BHPian

Manikjeet, I applaud the spirit in which you bought a new rickshaw, but two points:

1) you should have had him sign something scribbled on a piece of paper absolving you of any further responsibility (or you could have him verbally state that while recording it on your mobile phone).

2) I don't think a rickshaw costs 25000 rs (twenty-five thousand). Rather it costs about 3000 rs (three thousand). This is from a chat w/ a rickshaw puller.
Max 5k. After all, it's just a cycle w/ a backseat.
caliper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 09:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
Manikjeet, I applaud the spirit in which you bought a new rickshaw, but two points:

1) you should have had him sign something scribbled on a piece of paper absolving you of any further responsibility (or you could have him verbally state that while recording it on your mobile phone).

2) I don't think a rickshaw costs 25000 rs (twenty-five thousand). Rather it costs about 3000 rs (three thousand). This is from a chat w/ a rickshaw puller.
Max 5k. After all, it's just a cycle w/ a backseat.
1 i made the FIR late by 24 hours so no complain could be filled
2 the rickshaw was around 10 k here and i gave 5 k to him as compensasion and and the rest was spent on a him( got him the medicines) and the passengers medicals so the rough total was around 25k
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 09:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post

and how will the car suffer that much damage after hitting a trike and the owner must have been in a bad shape after the accident.

manikjeet what was it.
that was the same question i got from my family they said i hit a pole or something but i hit a rickshaw

after my accident our office city also meet with a accident and the car was split in half and was a total loss

i can only say this the cars are not made as they use to be made
Old 12th June 2007, 09:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
3L for an Auto.
U got confused b/w an auto n Alto i guess
LOL, that was good, but read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
2) I don't think a rickshaw costs 25000 rs (twenty-five thousand). Rather it costs about 3000 rs (three thousand).
That would mean an alto, sorry an auto could cost more than 8 L, pal. Do the math.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 09:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

The car is back and as abhi told the damages were around 1.05lacs as every thing was changed nothing was repaired

the major part of the payment was the labour

would be selling the car in the coming few months
Old 30th June 2007, 13:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

the car is back with us and the rubbing and polishing was done and the interior were dry cleaned
the car is as good as new

the pic after the car was repaired

mods could you please change the thread name so everyone know that the thread is updated with pics after the car was repaired
Old 30th June 2007, 13:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

As good as new, manik. good job
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 13:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
As good as new, manik. good job
thanks man but after a accident no matter how much you spend and how good a denter you find but the car would be as good as before
Old 30th June 2007, 15:30   #40

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
1 i made the FIR late by 24 hours so no complain could be filled
2 the rickshaw was around 10 k here and i gave 5 k to him as compensasion and and the rest was spent on a him( got him the medicines) and the passengers medicals so the rough total was around 25k
Very good Manik.

These guys are no one's fools. Its easy for alot of us to say that don't give 25k, but what you've paid is indeed just.

In Delhi, if you hit a cycle/rickshaw in some lower class areas, a full scale crowd would gather, or people would start throwing stones, or otherwise create a problem. 5k as compensation is nothing iff the police chose to get involved and make a bit of margin on the side. Not to forget hassles if it becomes a full case, or some silly media van is passing by. A 3-5k extra over the bare minimum, just ensures no further headaches.

And yes, that bodyguard comes real handy. Or the .44 for that matter. I think you should rename it as the "Persuader" j/k
hitanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 11:54   #41
BHPian

One would be in a difficult spot, though, if one didn't have anywhere between 5 and 25k in one's wallet at the time of a crash.

Granted, if you're driving a car, you have money somewhere (bank, etc.), but not everyone walks around w/ 25k in the wallet all the time.

For me, it would be, withdraw money requirements for month, and then the amount in the wallet gradually withers down till the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitanshu View Post
Very good Manik.

These guys are no one's fools. Its easy for alot of us to say that don't give 25k, but what you've paid is indeed just.

In Delhi, if you hit a cycle/rickshaw in some lower class areas, a full scale crowd would gather, or people would start throwing stones, or otherwise create a problem. 5k as compensation is nothing iff the police chose to get involved and make a bit of margin on the side. Not to forget hassles if it becomes a full case, or some silly media van is passing by. A 3-5k extra over the bare minimum, just ensures no further headaches.

caliper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 14:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

its better to pay to the guy rather than getting the police getting involved the police people will take money from both the parties

when i had the accident i was lucky to have my guard with me in no time a mob started to gather and people try to get in the car they started to bang on the car that when my guard lost his cool and soon after as my place was near more so my dad and bro reach the spot.

but in the end i felt sorry for the poor guy and got him a new rickshaw