Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 10th June 2007, 10:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

No it wasn't raining..Its bloody hot summer here. today its 47c...
Its been told that the driver slept off at the wheel
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 14:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

How do you know that the driver fell asleep?
Were there other people in the car?
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 14:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
How do you know that the driver fell asleep?
Were there other people in the car?
See this post#7 by Anshuman
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
It was his 50th annivesary party in intercontinental eros,i was there at the party,i was told the driver slept on the wheel.The driver survived.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 23:28   #34
BHPian

guys the one who had to go is gone!!!
may his soul rest in piece...
the place where this accident took place is indeed a very well lit place,
the accident took place near a collegge campus...
it came in the news that the owner was sitting behind not aware of the driver dozing off as it was late night....
and there might be some possibilities thta the street lights were not working...
the driver did survived with multiple fractures...
the owner died due to spine fracture.....
have seen the drivers of the one who passed away....
very reckless and irrespectful driving without there owners...
rOaD AsSaSin!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 00:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was his 50th annivesary party in intercontinental eros,i was there at the party,i was told the driver slept on the wheel.The driver survived.
So sad that he had to go this way & that too because of someone else's mistake. R.I.P.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 01:04   #36
BHPian

this is depressing these driver and owner thing seem to happen to often, drivers arn't carefull anymore.

Many of you have heard of Keralas AK47 Toyota Camry who paid 3L for the number.

it crashed into a container, a car and then hit couple of trees and came to a rest, luckily for the driver and the owner all the 5 airbags deployed and all are well and walking.

the wierd part was that once they where helped out of the vehicle through the back window. they all started laughing!

i will post pictures of the accident soon!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 13:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

The owner was returning from his 25th marriage anniversary and the accident happened near the MVN school the driver could not stop the car and rammed it in to the truck...the driver has survived.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:00   #38
BHPian

Sad incident!

It looks like even expensive cars are not safe on Indian roads. I seriously think that these cars have been designed to protect occupants in crash in westeren countries and NOT in India.

The lorries overseas had a guard on rear which causes the cars to touch the body of lorry in rear thru engine bay and NOT on the A-pillars! (unless someone crashes on lorry straight from side which is rare though).
Since making safer lorries won't be possible in India in next 50 years at least, people should be reasonably safe in Indian highways only on high cars like Scorpio.

Safe car alone doesn't make safety, it's the whole road environment we should worry about.
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:36   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The owner was returning from his 25th marriage anniversary and the accident happened near the MVN school the driver could not stop the car and rammed it in to the truck...the driver has survived.....
the same thing i said
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmmm it was 25th or the 50th....now I am confused....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:49   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
hmmm it was 25th or the 50th....now I am confused....
50th anniversary sir
Old 11th June 2007, 14:52   #42
BHPian

well the lorries in india now since 2004, has to sport side & rear crash guards mandatory, so that smaller vehicles do not ram in, incase of collision.

& they are factory fitted, as no truck is allowed to roll out without crash guards on side & rear, exception to the law bein DUMP-TRUCKS.

In that area dump trucks are a real menace.older trucks are still roaming without proper guards installed.

What-ever happened was unfortunate, but its better to be extra carefull & be in limit, most of us are not trained to handle emergency stops though 95% of us assume we are.

& to add different vehicles behaves very differently & dramtically under full emergency stops, even they can be the same brand & same model(depends on usage & maintenace).
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 15:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

No Reflectors!!! on the Truck Rear!!. this is a MAJOR problem in our country.
Even when Moving, IMO 30% trucks dont have their rear side lights working properly, if they are, then they've not been cleaned off the dust/muck, so are barely visible.
to add fuel to the fire, forget the side lights to be kept on, even reflectors not present, when they are standing, when ideally they should put a portable reflector at least 250 meters behind the parked truck on the road.
Why doesnt Team Bhp make some reflector stickers and volunteer to paste them regularly on Truck backs at various points on exit to cities, difficult suggestion, but maybe we can start a trend of awareness, at a cost of say Rs 25 per member as voluntary contribution for cost of stickers!! and some of us by turns can go to toll points on weekends and stick them on at the toll stops!! and if a truck has reflectors clean them up!!
I volunteer for 2 weekends.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 15:03   #44
Team-BHP Support

Tractor trolleys on state highways are bigger threats than these lorreys as these lorreys atleast have some bright colors or atleast a yellow colored number plate those tractors are covered in mud and damn dangerous.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th June 2007 at 15:03. Reason: mistype
Old 11th June 2007, 21:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
A friend's whole family perished a few years back when they were travelling in a qualis which rear ended a truck. The truck had long steel rods sticking out of it. The engine bay was intact but noone survived as the rods pierced through each and every one onboard.
Almost the same thing happened about 2 years back at a checkpost on NH47 in Trivandrum. A truck loaded with logs was parked at the checkpost, with the logs jutting metres behind the truck. Apparently, the red light that is normally fixed at the back wasn't there and a Scorpio rammed into in. Same story here... the engine bay was almost intact, but 4 of the 5 passengers perished. They were all senior rotarians returning from a Rotary club party. So there was also a rumor that they were all drunk. Don't know how true it was, but in my book, the truck was at fault!
leodelg is offline   Reply With Quote