Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th June 2007, 10:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to me late at nite and the rickshaw guy and one more guy even tired to hit me until the saw my gaurd and it happened near my house and the local sho knew who was the car belonged to
but still payed him for the rickshaw and medical

these rickshaw guys really think they own the road someday someone should teach them a lesson
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Benny, that was scary man and a hell of a lot of damage. Thank God that you and your wife came out physically unscathed. I'm really sorry to hear about this and I can imagine the frustration & helplessness you must have felt.

Don't let this get you down, the car will be back as good as new. Its really unfortunate but its time to move on.

At least try & go home early today and go somewhere and let your hair down....think about the year gone by and all the good things you guys have shared. Raise a toast and look forward to the years ahead.....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU & YOUR WIFEcheers:. All the best & wish you a long & happy married life
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi benny , i can perfectly understand the trauma that you have been exposed to , the best way to get out of it is to take a short break and enjoy the anniversary with you wife , by the time your back the car will be as good as new and the mind calm ..These incidents are really sad but do happen , my prayers are there with you !
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes its better if these autowallahs hit and run.. Atleast then we dont get to be harassed and pay them out of our pockets!!

Only way to console urself is that it wasnt a speeding bus or lorry that hit ur car and things ended in a compromise.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:11   #20
BHPian

Ben, I have my sympathies with you man. looks like you have been hit by Murphy here. When time is bad, anything that can go worng..goes wrong. Cheer up man. you are doing the right thing by not thinking much about it
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:11   #21
Team-BHP Support

@Mahesh, thanx for the dinner offer. Will take it up sometime. Today, is for the lady. . In office now, but not able to get any work done, so a bad idea to even head here. Have a meeting in the evening, so chances of leaving early look bleak. Same at her end too.

The mobbing mentality is a tool they have been using quite well in their favor. From a situation where i refused to even listen to them, we were forced to reach a compromise, which i wouldnt normally have indulged. In a way, i feel its good we didnt ask for a compromise right away. Would make them think they have the upper hand.

@ad75: The TBHP hotline is a good idea, but depends on how much we would be able to do there. I am sure we all have our families and lives to consider before we engage in any street brawls. Also, with the traffic scene here in Bangalore, wonder when help would reach us too. Tried calling Rahul (mclaren) to work up some contacts, but the number was unreachable.

@drifter: I am glad wifey missed the major part of the action. Hehe, thats where the pure and undiluted animal instincts of the rowdies began to show through.

@Gautam : Holidays? Heading to Kerala this weekend, although for a friend's engagement, but the change would be welcome.

@manikjeet : Wish i had a guard too, but i dont think even one of them could stand up to the might of like 50 rogues?

@suman : Thanx for the wishes, pal. You think negative energy had a part in this? Remember the broken windscreen? Still havent changed that. Some other time, i guess.

@hellstar : Who better than you to know how it feels, considering you had to put up with the greater extreme of the such an incident of street mobs. Learning from your incident, i made sure the doors were locked at every instant i stepped out of the car.

@spadival : Had it been a truck, you would be seeing my obituary in the papers. That would be sad. I dont get to see my own snap in the papers !! LOL !! We consoled ourselves thinking we were lucky to come out unharmed, both from the accident, as well as the mobs.

@rishi : I had this instinct which told me something miserable was waiting to happen. Something like Spidey's tingling effect. Now, its gone.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th June 2007 at 11:18. Reason: Replying to new responses.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Benny

First of all, Happy First Anniversary.

And thats all you need to remember right now. Whats done is done. That cant be changed.

Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:17   #23
BHPian

I can't believe How the auto guys have changed .. back in 2004 when i was driving to majestic, at the Junction near swapna book stall The light was yellow, Mine Being a KL regn And not to attract unwaranted Police attention,I stopped. Because the signal was changing to red. THe auto behind me thought ..I'd beat the signal and was at high speeds..

Seeing my brake lights.. He applied brakes and them failed... He took a left..and crashed into the divider.Didn't even scratch the car. I got out and him how he was. He just told." you could've gone through" and just looked at his smashed wheel. Eventhough there were auto guys nearby he didn't call them up and create a scene. The police at the intersection also came as asked me to keep going. He was a witness to the entire scene.

I dunno. But I still believe there are nice guys in the world too. maybe they overcharge but they are the fastest way from Point A to B in bangalore city.

BeN your will repair.. MIKE will be as good as new.. Don't worry.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:20   #24
BHPian

This is a very sad incidient, but good to know you and your wife are are un-hurt, sorry about the car man, you sure did handled the situation well.
You can't do anything in a situation like this, I think Mag has reasoned every thing very well.

P.S. : Mag you are absolutely right dude.
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Benny OT I think Mcl was in Silent Valley this Sunday..
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:24   #26
Team-BHP Support

Happy anniversary Benny. Do not think about it too much. I have also had my run ins with auto wallas in BLR, where they gang up for no fault of yours and try to extort money.
Thievery is a way of life for them. So just chill and move on
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:25   #27
Team-BHP Support

Hey Benny, a happy anniversary to you. Don't worry about these things, they happen here and you really cant do much.

I would advise you to get a bunch of t-bhp member's numbers. Especially big guys like Vikram, Mahesh.

Call all of us at anytime and I'm sure you'll have a handful of guys on your side as well. when the opposition gang sees that the other party is also strong they have no choice but to settle it amicably.

i have tried this before. My car got rammed a few years back near college. The truck driver who hit the car managed to get a bunch of guys as well as some leader guy who started abusing and harassing my driver. My driver called me and I got hold of 10-15 friends who went there and we fought our way out of it. Made the truck driver pay me 4K for the damages although the lancer's bonnet cost me 11K to repair.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:29   #28
Team-BHP Support

@Jomz, Vidyut : Forgot Rahul was at Silent Valley. I felt he would be the right one to round up the entire set. Mahesh's and Vikram's numbers are a must-have now. Can utilize Mahesh's services as a road roller too.

@amitoj, hellcat, Tanveer : Thanx for the wishes, guys. As wifey was saying, we better learn from this.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:30   #29
BHPian

Hey Benny, Happy Anniversary, let bygones be bygones. Don't think about it anymore. Today is a special day, enjoy it.

Regards
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 11:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Same thing happened to me late at nite
Manik, not again??? Maybe the word has spread that you financed a new rickshaw for the last guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@suman : Thanx for the wishes, pal. You think negative energy had a part in this? Remember the broken windscreen? Still havent changed that. Some other time, i guess.
Benny, change it, seriously...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@rishi : I had this instinct which told me something miserable was waiting to happen. Something like Spidey's tingling effect. Now, its gone.
I know what you mean......I get it at times, a vague uneasiness that just doesn't go till something happens (or doesn't...) and then - BINGO, its gone. I'm a little extra cautious now whenever I get this
suman is offline   Reply With Quote