Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th February 2014, 18:38   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Longest Drives!

I did bangalore-vijayawada-bangalore in a space of 2 days. Total of around 1300kms round trip and thats the longest I have done in two days.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 18:34   #362
Senior - BHPian

My longest trip was Bangalore to Chennai and return to Bangalore , the same day. After reaching chennai, took a break of 1/2 hr for lunch before heading back to Bangalore.

Total Distance : 680 kms. Dep from Bangalore : 9 AM and returned back at 10 PM
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 21:04   #363
BHPian

For me its been a ride, not a drive.
Solo, 8407 kms, 15 states, 15 days.

Travelogue here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148242 (Discovering India : 8407 Kms | 15 Days | 15 States | 2 Wheels | 1 Bike | 1 Soul)
preetam_KORG is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 22:29   #364
Senior - BHPian

Last October did Thimpu-Jorhat in about 15 hours where about 3 hours were spent crawling in Guwahati Traffic. Distance done was 828 kms.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 19:42   #365
BHPian

The longest drive I have done till date was in October'11 on my Fiat Grande Punto 75hp.

Started off from Bangalore on 30th Sept'11 @ 3.30pm from ITPL, Whitefield and reached Patna on 2nd Oct'11 @ 6pm. On the way, I had a long halt (2hrs) at Seoni and a night halt (1am - 9.30am on 2nd Oct) at Rewa

The return leg was a start from Patna on 7th Oct'11 @ 3pm from Patna City Railway Station and reached my apartment in Bangalore on 9th Oct'11 @ 5pm. On the way, I had the 1st night halt at Kolkata bypass (9.30pm - 9.30am) and 2nd one was just 50kms short of Vijaywada at Apno Ghar BP Pump (1am - 6.30am).

A hell of a drive and many many thanks to our very own KumarHV Sir, who was just a call away almost for the entire drive.
Thumping Soul is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 22:31   #366
BHPian

The longest for me has been to Delhi - Orissa. 2 days. With a stopover at Sagar / MP. It was a one way trip to drop off an Alto. It was a 3 year old Alto but did not give any problems. This was nearly 10 years ago and little did I know that before starting into something like this I should take the car for checking. Thankfully, no issues at all. Of course one becomes wise with age. At that time it was more about excitement rather than a fully planned drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Suddenly saw this thread while browsing, wanted to mention a drive which was special to me. It was my 1st big drive in Dec 2011.

Did many a long drives after this, but this 2 consecutive days were really special to me.

For the Bhilai - Mumbai drive - It looks like you did not have any overnight halt. Must have tired you. But since when are we complaining about driving! How did you cope up with feeling sleepy? Coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
The longest till date for me has been about 3200 Kms. I was posted in a place called Vijayanarayanam near Tirunelveli in Tamilnadu and was transferred to Delhi. Did the trip in my Indica way back in 2006. On the way visited my relatives and my parents. The route which I took was as follows:-
Those days GPS was not available and atlas was the only saviour

TTk maps? I relied on these for nearly all my outstation trips from Delhi. I had brought my Ikon 1.3 in July 2003. Really fortunate to have been carrying the maps when I got stuck in a long traffic hold up in Punjab during holi. The map helped plan an alternate to Bhakra and then finally towards the final destination of Mcleodganj.

I still have the maps for all neighbouring states of Delhi.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2014 at 08:21. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Traveller Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 17:03   #367
BHPian

Interesting to see the longest drives "evolve" over the 10 years this thread has been alive. The first few entries, from BHP stalwarts in 2004, has Bangalore-Chennai, Mumbai -Goa, Mumbai -Pune, etc etc as longest drives. And look at the latest entries, even from newbies, including yours truly. . Bhilai - Mumbai, Delhi - Orissa in an Alto, Cochin - Chennai, Bangalore -Prayag. Amazing what reliable cars and good roads can enable.

Now, if only India and its neighbours, follow the rest of the world and make driving cross border practically feasible. We'll have Kolkata - Kabul and Mumbai -Rangoon featuring on this thread. Wouldn't that be lovely.

My own single day maximum has been Mumbai - Bangalore (1020 kms), but then perhaps a 1000 BHPians have done that before.
Secretariat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 11:31   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Interesting to see the longest drives "evolve" over the 10 years this thread has been alive. The first few entries, from BHP stalwarts in 2004, has Bangalore-Chennai, Mumbai -Goa, Mumbai -Pune, etc etc as longest drives. And look at the latest entries, even from newbies, including yours truly. . Bhilai - Mumbai, Delhi - Orissa in an Alto, Cochin - Chennai, Bangalore -Prayag. Amazing what reliable cars and good roads can enable.

Now, if only India and its neighbours, follow the rest of the world and make driving cross border practically feasible. We'll have Kolkata - Kabul and Mumbai -Rangoon featuring on this thread. Wouldn't that be lovely.

My own single day maximum has been Mumbai - Bangalore (1020 kms), but then perhaps a 1000 BHPians have done that before.

Absolutely true. Its combination of good quality cars, mostly good roads and access to technology (viz. Google Maps) that has allowed people to make longer journeys and drive through areas, almost unknown to them.

In my case, when I started off my drive from Bangalore to Patna, the only road that i had travelled before was Bangalore - Hyderabad. Rest was all new to me.

Similarly, on the return leg of the jorney the route taken was Patna - Kolkata - Bangalore. And the only sections I had been on in the past was Durgapur - Kolkata and Tirupati - Bangalore.

All thanks to people like 'Kumar HV' and technology like 'Google Maps' made it possible for me to do this.
Thumping Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:54   #369

There is a news in TOI this morning (LINK).
Quote from the news
Quote:
Manish Kumar, managed to make a mark name in the Limca Book of Records 2014. Son of vice chancellor of Ranchi University, L N Bhagat, 34-year old Manish set dual records, which include fastest two-wheeler expedition from east- to- west India and north-to- south India.
This distance of 3,843 km was covered in four days and 1.5 hours (97.5 hours).
ArchitectIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 22:05   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Absolutely true. Its combination of good quality cars, mostly good roads and access to technology (viz. Google Maps) that has allowed people to make longer journeys and drive through areas, almost unknown to them.
This is so true, I still remember doing many of bike rides and my trip from Gandhinagar to Guwahati all with the help of Eicher Road Atlas. But, today I totally rely on Google Maps and OSM.
Junaid42465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 12:08   #371

My longest multiday trips with family were
1. Delhi - Manali - over 2 days and return was Manail - Chandigarh - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur - Baroda - Mumbai - 7 days
2. Delhi - R'Kesh - Auli over 2 days and return was Auli - Kausani - Corbett - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur - Baroda - Mumbai (9 days with sightseeing at the halts.
sundabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 19:13   #372
BHPian

My longest drive was Mumbai to Bangalore & back in Jan 2014

Route :- Mumbai - Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Belgaum - Hubli - Chitradurga - Bangalore

Car - Toyota Etios VD

Distance Covered - 1020 kms one way. Stared at 4AM & reached at 8PM. Wasted a good two hours on the Mum- Pune Expressway due to an overturned truck

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 7th April 2014 at 19:15.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 19:39   #373
BHPian

Talking Re: Longest Drives!

My longest drive has been recent; Bangalore - Vizag - Kolkata - Siliguri - Phuentsholing - Thimpu - Bumthan - Trashigang - Samdrup Jongkhar - Guwahathi - Bhagalpur - Kharagpur - Vizag - Bangalore. Total distance covered 6999 kms in 13 days.

It was total fun
maheshramaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 20:11   #374
BHPian

The longest drive from me has been Ghaziabad to Diu via Ahmedabad, and back. 3,687 KMs in a Fiat Punto MJD. Longest in a day till now is ~1000 KMs done twice. Ghaziabad to Ahmedabad.
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 03:24   #375
BHPian

Longest Drive done is Bangalore to Katni (MP) 1470 KMs. Route taken was Blore - Hyderdabad - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni. Longest in a day is Blore to Nagpur, almost 1100 Kms in 14 Hrs (I20 Crdi).
highwaycruizer is offline   Reply With Quote