Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th July 2007, 21:45   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Nhc Got Tail-ended!!

Im posting this after about an hour after the incident... I was at vyttila in cochin... was going to take a u turn near vyttila temple.... I put my indicator and my car was stopped completely waiting for the other lane to clear up.. w was going to turn when out of nowhere this smart a** biker tries to cross me from the right(i was turniong to the right) and suddentl changed his mind... and turned the bike left at the last moment... but since he turned too close to my car (which was still stationary)... he din clear it and crashed into my rear bumper at a fairly decent speed! just as i was about to get out... he picked up the bike and sped off into the opposite lane(into oncoing traffic... ) mind u.. this is in the NH 47... dunno wot the guy was thinking.. anyways... followed him on m lane for sometime... but he swarved into some bylane and disappeared!!! Damn!!! anyways... i got out.. expecting something broken... but saw a big scratch on the bumper.... relieved i went home and examined in the light... and found that the bumper has detached from below the tail lamp(gulp).... dad's car(double gulp)!!! now hope to get it fixed somehow before he comes back!!! anyways... i thank my stars as i din take my 5 day old fiesta today!!!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th July 2007, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

damn!! thats bad!

I've heard a lot of incidents like this, especially near the Wellington Island area, where people ram into stationary cars/bikes, and then scoot like there's no tomorrow.

Hope the issues are fixed soon..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 22:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

i was once hit from behind when i was driving my ikon way back in 2004 it was 2 day old car but only the hub cap came off

donna know what these people on bike are thinking while riding going in and out of traffic

and as got the bumper take it to your dealer they will fix it back free of cost (done it many times) or try pushing it in if the lock are not broken it will do the job
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 22:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

Not that it might have resulted in a drastic turn-around of fortune, but you might have noted down his reg no. for some potentially useful tasks.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 00:20   #5
BHPian

Once a guy took a hub cap of my old matiz too. Turns out he was riding his bullet at 40+ with no brakes!!
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 13:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

jayd all I can say is "SH*T Happens " when there are retards on the roads.
Get the car fixed before dad's back.

Quote:
I've heard a lot of incidents like this, especially near the Wellington Island area, where people ram into stationary cars/bikes, and then scoot like there's no tomorrow.
Run where from Wellington Island ? Into the sea ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 14:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear about it, as Mag said you should have noted down the number.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 15:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@ mag i tried to find his number, but it was such a rotten bike-no tailights or anything!! i Could KL 7-S 8something i think. I was too shocked about the bump when this guy jumps into oncoming traffic!!!! anyways, gave the car to the garage.. I know the guy, so hope the bill wont be much!!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 15:37   #9
BHPian

these are the occupational hazards you face when you occupy the road. it's just frustrating at the moment, and painful when the bill is prepared, but then - idiots abound, and they're there to make life miserable for the rest.

at best, one can only share his story of grief to other fellow-sufferers. what more can be done?
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey! got the car back from the garage yesterday evening!!(before dad came!!) It seems the bumper had just jutted off some clips that held it on! they just pushed it back, and gave a small touchup-its black, and voila! its ready... and no damage to my pocket!!! Thank God!!! Got home, gave her a good wash, and pretended as though nothing happened!!!
Old 13th July 2007, 10:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

JayD: what's your dad's cell number or email? I would like to send this link to him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey! got the car back from the garage yesterday evening!!(before dad came!!) It seems the bumper had just jutted off some clips that held it on! they just pushed it back, and gave a small touchup-its black, and voila! its ready... and no damage to my pocket!!! Thank God!!! Got home, gave her a good wash, and pretended as though nothing happened!!!
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

He he!!! tanx for the brotherly love gd!!!(u really don't wanna see me alive do u???)
Old 15th July 2007, 11:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
He he!!! tanx for the brotherly love gd!!!(u really don't wanna see me alive do u???)
Hey Jay,

We'll leave it for your dad to decide on that!!!!

By the way, I have a NHC and it's quite common with this kind of bumper problem.. One of my friend had a hit on his bumper which looked like a big dent .. but when he took it to honda and was worried, all the did was gave some push and it regained it's shape ofcourse with some finish finally.. Good to know that everything is fit an fine..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

JayD, though I am hearing of this deliberately hit and scoot incidents for the first time, given the way you describe his driving, I can tell you just one thing - the guy is likely to be a person living on the edges of the society, and is looking for some thrill. Likely that he is already on a high. Good thing you did not chase him.
Probably a resident of thammanam, since he knows the NH like the lines on his palm.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It seems the bumper had just jutted off some clips that held it on! they just pushed it back, and gave a small touchup-its black, and voila! its ready... and no damage to my pocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
and as got the bumper take it to your dealer they will fix it back free of cost (done it many times) or try pushing it in if the lock are not broken it will do the job
see i told you before only it wouldn't cost much and its a simple repair

good to know that your dad didn't come to know of it

Last edited by manikjeet : 15th July 2007 at 11:35.
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote