Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th July 2007, 14:52   #16
BHPian

I am sure if they replace the PS assembly and shocks, axle and head lamp the bill should not amount to 75k, dats way to much, Please chedk spare part shops for the prices of the parts and then add labour ti it as ell and then calculate, 75 k is a lot of money for such small work, i am sure they are overcharging you, how much did the insurance company say they will cover ? also are they offering any gurantee that there wont be any squeals in the near future?
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 14:56   #17
BHPian

Hey i feel that 75k is too much to replace a shock , axle , arms and heaadlamps, 75k is way way to much, i suggest you check with a few spare part shops for the price of these parts as well just to make sure thay are not taking you for a ride, also how much is the insurance company covering you for?
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 23:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post

4. by coming Monday the car is expected to be ready.
hey man once it comes back

can i visit you to see your car

and if you need any help just pm as i am also from chandigarh
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 09:06   #19
BHPian

Sure Manikjeet.

will also post a comprehensive report once i get the delivery.

I went to the service station a couple of days back and they told me that the cost of repairs plus labour would roughly be between 40 - 50K. Lets see on monday.

PS; I will be meeting the insurance people toady and will get to know how much are they covering!!
Note from mod: Post edited, please do not put your number on the forum, it can be misused

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th July 2007 at 11:09. Reason: PM the number to manikjeet, here it can be seen by all
kapilsharma80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 11:32   #20
BHPian

Guys, took a look at my car. The have put a new shocker, axle, head light and steering arm. steering assembly is doing good so they didn't replace it. the fender and the bumper would be fited after the paint job. will get the bill by tomorrrow. the mechanics say it will be around 40K.
Old 24th July 2007, 11:57   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Guys, took a look at my car. The have put a new shocker, axle, head light and steering arm. steering assembly is doing good so they didn't replace it. the fender and the bumper would be fited after the paint job. will get the bill by tomorrrow. the mechanics say it will be around 40K.
Kapil, ensure that you ask them for worn out parts just to ensure that they were damaged. Do give us a cost breakup once you have the bill with you.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:57   #22
BHPian

I got the delivery of my car on friday. The repairs cost me a good Rs 22,700. The dealer didn't have the left headlight so he has put a temporary one from some other Palio for the time being. He has billed me for a new assembly so that i can get the insurance claim. The light is expected in another couple of weeks. Also the bonnet - just above the left headlight is slightly distorted and theres a good gap between bumper, head light and the fender. will try to post a picture of that. the service guys say that they will rectify it once new light is fitted. I have got all the parts that were changed.

Also there is a Hmm Hmm noise from the back wheels of the car (this is when i drive and the sound can be heard inside the cabin with the windows rolled up and ac on. I wonder what it could be. will show it the dealer in a couples of days time.

The cost break up is as under:
  1. Fender 1509
  2. Fender lining 383
  3. Shock Absorber 1539
  4. Swinging Arm 2328
  5. Axle Shaft Left Hand 3539
  6. Bumper Front 2038
  7. Shocker Support (2) 70
  8. Bolt (2) 110
  9. Tie Rod 374
  10. Collar 35
  11. Power Steering Oil 128
  12. Head Lamp assembly 2984
  13. 1.2 Monogram 18
  14. Total labour Charge 6750
  15. Service Tax on Labour 834
Total 22639
Old 30th July 2007, 14:56   #23
BHPian

Hey Kapil, good to hear that the car is back on road. Ensure that the gaps between bonnet, bumper, head light and the fender is restored to the near normal once you have the headlamp assly.

Ensure that they are not going to charge you for removing the excess gaps between all these areas.

Just a query - what do u feel about the overall job done. Are you satisfied with the workmanship.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 15:10   #24
BHPian

Hi Firebird, Ya the service guys told me that they'll sort the bonnet gap without any additional costs.

As far as the repairs are concerned I feel satisfied. Just couple of things bothering me:
  1. the humming noise from the back of the car (most positively it is the rear tyres)
  2. The car gives subtle jerks sometimes in second and third gear. (Maybe due to adulterated fuel)
The steering is straight and as good as before the accident.

I was impressed by the knowledge of the service guys (after all they have been servicing/reapiring fiat cars for 8 years now). They have done a good paint job on the bumper and fender. it totaly resembles the original color of the car.

I got another information (which I doubt is true) that most of the fiat dealerships (not the Tata Fiat ventures, which is selling Palio Stile/petrol cars) would have to renew thier contracts once Grande Punto and Linea is launched in India. I wonder why??