Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 10:55   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 386
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Hi,
No wonder they are rated No1 in JD Asia-Customer satisfaction.
Pleased to note it is a Happy Ending.
I am convinced that i made the right decision in buying the SX-4 from Maruti.That was the only reason i picked it.

Moral of the story-Never go for a long drive with even minor issues in the car.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 12:14   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,971
Thanked: 3,388 Times
Default

Buddy, reading the post actually made me feel scared.
Good that everything came out well, and i am frankly surprised by the bill amount !!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 12:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I would have preferred you to have stayed on through the night hearing shrill laughters coming from a deserted ruin. Then curiosity takes the better of you & you venture out in the pouring rain & you come across an elephant graveyard & wonder how big those tusks are when suddenly you hear those shrill laughters, only this time it is coming from all around you. You switch on the flash & see 100s of eyes goring into you. Hyenas, about 150 of them waiting to pounce on you. Just then there is a honk honk & you see the headlights of the TATA 207 coming up the hill & run as fast as you can towards your car with the hyenas right behind you.


You read far too many novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Nice to hear about a Steve Irwin memorial park in our country.
ya. Even i felt it was a nice gesture on the part of the kerala gov.

There may be criticisms, but I guess Steve Irwin did a lot to make animal planet and nature conservation more popular.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 12:32   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
No wonder they are rated No1 in JD Asia-Customer satisfaction.
Pleased to note it is a Happy Ending.
I am convinced that i made the right decision in buying the SX-4 from Maruti.That was the only reason i picked it.

Moral of the story-Never go for a long drive with even minor issues in the car.
True- Didnt realise it was such an issue, cause WagonR box is said to be notchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Buddy, reading the post actually made me feel scared.
Good that everything came out well, and i am frankly surprised by the bill amount !!
Even we were!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 13:10   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Scary maan - Lions, Crocodiles or Convicts!!!! What a choice!

3 cheers for Maruti Service!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 15:56   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Woaah that sure was an experience mate. Good that things worked your way even though the wait was long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
i am frankly surprised by the bill amount !!
Maruti is always economic .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 16:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Woaah that sure was an experience mate. Good that things worked your way even though the wait was long.
Maruti is always economic .
Ya. But considering we had to drive nearly an hour to get there, the time they took is 'OK' (considering it was a sunday too, and the service station has off-day)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 17:06   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
madan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

a broken gear shaft. scary - but maruti knowing about its defects must have realised and hence has such a good A$$!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 19:21   #24
BHPian
 
abhi182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 316
Thanked: 197 Times
Default

^^ I really can't think of any other manufacturer giving this kind of A$$

In fact the A$$ level were the primary reason we opted for a maruti swift for the second car (esp having burnt my hands with my existing Opel Corsa, and the legendary service level of the sole GM service center in Chennai, Sundaram)
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 21:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
a broken gear shaft. scary - but maruti knowing about its defects must have realised and hence has such a good A$$!
What defect does a Maruti Suzuki vehicle usually has?
All that i have had in the last 8 years of association with maruti is rattling panels.

In this case, something must have hit the underbody hard, and maruti cannot be blamed as such. Cause the rod is alloy and it broke off.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 22:02   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I wouldn't want to be in such a situation! Scary!!
Thank God that things worked out fine in the end..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 23:11   #27
BHPian
 
xinome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I am lost....
Posts: 339
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

wasnt that the day we had a talk regarding that notchy gearbox and i told you to get the oil changed, ouch what a strike back.

and mistakenguy told me regarding this thread and the bill 200 bucks what the.
isnt their car wash 250 rupees
or did they wash the car for you as well after getting your gear box fixed

if its like that your one lucky fellow!

PS: when is our next drive to neyyar dam!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 00:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I wouldn't want to be in such a situation! Scary!!
Thank God that things worked out fine in the end..
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
^^ I really can't think of any other manufacturer giving this kind of A$$

In fact the A$$ level were the primary reason we opted for a maruti swift for the second car (esp having burnt my hands with my existing Opel Corsa, and the legendary service level of the sole GM service center in Chennai, Sundaram)
Sundaram is for GM? Hmmm, have heard that name many times.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 00:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,415
Thanked: 14,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
wasnt that the day we had a talk regarding that notchy gearbox and i told you to get the oil changed, ouch what a strike back.
and mistakenguy told me regarding this thread and the bill 200 bucks what the.
isnt their car wash 250 rupees
or did they wash the car for you as well after getting your gear box fixed
if its like that your one lucky fellow!
PS: when is our next drive to neyyar dam!
I hope you dont sleep while driving! What all i tried, to stop you today?

Saw the car that was going left and right around you, at east fort, when you were going at around 10pm today?

And ya, it was that day only.

About the bill, will post the details in this thread tomorrow.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 00:39   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,631
Thanked: 1,975 Times
Default

200 rupees for towing a vehicle 40 kms (80 both way drive) and then fixing up a gearbox join, all for only 200 bucks?!!! You sure those guys were not doping when they made the bill? I mean being a sunday and a holiday for them, you never know
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Day and a Night in Chamarajanagar Forest with fellow Bhpians... Jay Travelogues 33 4th November 2014 11:29
Lower arm broke, wheel came off! jokuji Technical Stuff 47 7th May 2014 00:54
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital hridayjyoti Travelogues 31 1st October 2010 02:46
Alto's engine oil filter mounting came off! Gansan Technical Stuff 9 26th December 2009 08:49
CEL/MFL Came on and Went off KSM-Vtec Technical Stuff 9 1st August 2008 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks