Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 23rd July 2007, 12:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

well, the accord fellow cut the yellow bike. that did not appear (in the video's) to be doiung ths stunts. I think its a clear video of rage against the car driver. The bikers (appear to be) respecting the road, as you can see them riding in a single file when the 18 wheeler approaches. However, I think that what the accord fellow did was completly uncalled for.

I personally wish they had stopped the fellow and given him more than a piece of their minds, so that the next time he sees bikers he wont mess around.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quite clearly some people who have posted here dont understand the treatment that we bikers are subjected to here in the US. Stupid redneck types in their 70s F150s trying to cut you off, semi-trucks on the freeway who drive like they dont see you, and now this a-hole who wants to show off to his wife and kids how much of a favor he is doing to the society by running some bikers down.

When I saw this vid first I thought if those bikers were a gang of harley riders instead of sportbikers, they sure as hell wouldn't have let the Accord guy go scot free. These guys were way too decent with him. NOBODY has the right to endanger other people's lives. The biker at most put his own life at risk by stunt-ing on the freeway, but hey, what the f is the Accord driver's problem? Why the hell cant he pass if he wants to? No, he has to be the local hero by running down a gang of hells angels (pun intended).

highwayblaze man why didnt you guys stop and thrash that guy or call the cops whichever gets the job done. Thats one less a-hole on the roads to run us down.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 00:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Quite clearly some people who have posted here dont understand the treatment that we bikers are subjected to here in the US. Stupid redneck types in their 70s F150s trying to cut you off, semi-trucks on the freeway who drive like they dont see you, and now this a-hole who wants to show off to his wife and kids how much of a favor he is doing to the society by running some bikers down.

When I saw this vid first I thought if those bikers were a gang of harley riders instead of sportbikers, they sure as hell wouldn't have let the Accord guy go scot free. These guys were way too decent with him. NOBODY has the right to endanger other people's lives. The biker at most put his own life at risk by stunt-ing on the freeway, but hey, what the f is the Accord driver's problem? Why the hell cant he pass if he wants to? No, he has to be the local hero by running down a gang of hells angels (pun intended).

highwayblaze man why didnt you guys stop and thrash that guy or call the cops whichever gets the job done. Thats one less a-hole on the roads to run us down.
Thats exactly what I felt too.The accord guy ought to have been taken to task, probably go to the cops & show them the video.If they object to the wheelies being done on the roads,then they'd have an equal amount of reservation about the accord guy going over a solid yellow line & then endangering the lives of bikers. He could get into major problems with that..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 00:24   #34
BHPian

glad atleast some people agree. the treatment we get here is terrible. I'm not saying bikers are angels or the best samaritans but they never harm anyone but themselves so no one should give a damn but sigh...
At the same time there've so many times i've laughed my rear-end off seeing bikers do foolish mistakes. So its not like i'm prejudiced. Or what the heck I AM prejudiced hows that (kidding)
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 01:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Similar incident took place at Knot Place New Delhi. Was watching news and they were doing crazy stunts. That too for 5 hours from 12 am till 5 am
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 01:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I'll buy that and rest of it too! How you been prasadee? Long time. Slightly off topic but I read your blogs some really nice pictures and nice rides ofcourse.
I have been great, how have you been? Did you ever have a Team-bhp meet in the US?
Thanks for checking out my blog. I never get a chance to update it, too busy riding
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 01:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I have been great, how have you been? Did you ever have a Team-bhp meet in the US?
Thanks for checking out my blog. I never get a chance to update it, too busy riding
I've been very good. I landed up selling my Gixxer couple of months back. Too many tickets and hence insurance issues. Well i've moved now to Detroit and we DID have a meet finally.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...t-detroit.html

I'm thinking of getting a beater motorcycle till next year for which i've planned something big.
Please do update your blog dude. The story with the police officer pulling you over and then clocking you a mile down the road later was really nice. Sigh...I always wished I was in sunny california. Riding all yearrr long!
Old 29th July 2007, 22:38   #38
BHPian

it's funny listening to indian accent's and bh*n(#0|) in a video with superbikes doing wheelies.
makes me happy. india is taking over the world.

btw highway blaze, you sound like someone i know, have you studied in delhi/meerut?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 19:17   #39
BHPian

Thumbs down

Guys hear this out!!!

I went to visit my friend in Vikas Puri, West Delhi this Sunday. As i took the turn towards Vikas Puri from the Outer Ring Road, there were 3 sardars on 2 scooters, the 2 stroke Bajaj ones. They seemd like in the age group 15-19 to me. The pillion guy was holding a camera while they overtook us in a narrow lane at high speed, and then slowed down.

I was pissed off, but since wifey was along, didnt react. The next second what I saw was a shocker. The lone sardar slotted the scooter in first gear and raced heavily so that the front tyre got up, and he was driving with his feet down on one tyre

That was the most shocking, weirdest sight of my life. In a heavy traffic zone this guy was driving on rear wheel only and the other 2 fools were making video. Glad I had to take a right turn. Couldnt have taken more.
cutdcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 21:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

btw highway blaze, you sound like someone i know, have you studied in delhi/meerut?
sorry about the foul language man. it was frustrating to see that car guy do that !
no dude i haven't studied in delhi/meerut.
Old 1st August 2007, 19:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
sorry about the foul language man. it was frustrating to see that car guy do that !
no dude i haven't studied in delhi/meerut.
lol, i would have done the same if i was in your position... it's just that your swearing sounded just like a friend of mine.,. heheh...

btw were all the bikers indians? and what about the first car that drove past you guys?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 22:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

The 1st car (was it a Mazda RX-7? ) also violated traffic rules by driving on the shoulder,and over-taking on going traffic. Had one of the bikers not noticed this car and moved to the right, it would have been disaster.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 22:56   #43
BHPian

that video had some serious illegal stuff being pulled over!

holy (beep) (beep) that dude
dumb accord i would have chased him and shown what real road rage is about.

point noted the stupid accord just wanted to be noticed,
antisocial element my (beep)
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 19:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
lol, i would have done the same if i was in your position... it's just that your swearing sounded just like a friend of mine.,. heheh...

btw were all the bikers indians? and what about the first car that drove past you guys?
No dude,
they were locals from where we lived and not from india.
Old 6th August 2007, 19:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
The 1st car (was it a Mazda RX-7? ) also violated traffic rules by driving on the shoulder,and over-taking on going traffic. Had one of the bikers not noticed this car and moved to the right, it would have been disaster.
yes it was an older rx-7 all riced up with a big exhaust. he made a U-turn the moment he saw us pulling on to that road.