Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th August 2007, 19:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
yes it was an older rx-7 all riced up with a big exhaust. he made a U-turn the moment he saw us pulling on to that road.
I have a friend in Detroit who's also a biker.He got a Gixxer last year,and he told me that there are quite a few bike-haters in Detroit. He's been riding for about a year now,and has had a couple of experiences himself.

I don't quite understand why anyone would be angered by a biker,as long the biker's not posing as a potential hazard.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

this weekend in atlanta, 2 bikers zoomed past us cris-crosing 3-4 lanes. overall traffic was doing around 80, they must have been 150+.

didn't quite feel good (and safe). but then, i noticed even car drivers had this thing for jumping lights and lanes in atlanta i guess i have become too sober after driving in pennsylvania and ohio.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 21:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
this weekend in atlanta, 2 bikers zoomed past us cris-crosing 3-4 lanes. overall traffic was doing around 80, they must have been 150+.

didn't quite feel good (and safe). but then, i noticed even car drivers had this thing for jumping lights and lanes in atlanta i guess i have become too sober after driving in pennsylvania and ohio.
Exactly what I felt when I moved from Ohio to Texas. I was used to driving in this samll town called Bowling Green,and it used to be so easy and relaxing. Got to Houston,and I see semis/pick up trucks and other cars changing 2-3 lanes,literally cutting across traffic. Jumping red lights, road rage etc.. It felt like I was back in India.

I've seen that there are a handful of bikers (mostly sports bike riders) who care a damn about other commuters on the road. Especially towards the downtown areas,things can get pretty ugly.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote