Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 25th August 2007, 10:22   #1
BHPian

Default My new Honda City Vtec

Hi Guys... I have been out of action for weeks now..... Just a refresher...what i have been upto..... Finally I made up my mind and booked the City Vtec.. And got the Delivery 2 weeks back..... and it I love white color, so I took the white….

Things have not been right from that day...may be i am being paranoid or what.....the feeling in the new car was awesome when it got it... the plastic.... and the feeling of spending close to 10 lacs was just sinking in.....till i started the car after the puja at the dealership and headed home... on the way got the petrol filled and came to the crossing.. then this mr smart bike comes and bangs form the behind like no end of himself ....leaving a tyre mark on the bumper... controlling my emotions and not creating a scene that I moved on and came home...

I had another round of Puja at home with my mom and then I heading to temple and finally reached home…..all was well till the next morning, I took my car to work……parked in the normal parking slot…. And the day went well…till I saw my car to come home…..there was dents, scratch’s from the front bumper to the front door…. With rust mark all over the car…right hand side… dents, paint has been peeled off and side indicator lamp has crushed…..On finding in detail with the security, I came to know that there was a truck who was loading un loading some thing and the bugger wrecked my one day old car…and now we cant do anything about it…I felt like killing myself about it…have been sick from that day till today with sever cold and infection….till today morning….

I am up and feeling good with dent marks on a car that has done 90km… I am heading to temple again and get a puja done again… Will keep us guys posted with what all I am going through….Its sad but I thought I can share this with every one…I may feel light at heart…..and I am putting all this behind me now….and am planning to get lot of stuff done over the week end…starting with a Sun Control film, Spoiler, Teflon coating, seat covers….will post the pictures of the city shorty……cheers and have a gr8 days ahead..
amitk2kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 16:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car, but sorry to hear about the dents and damages. Also make sure you upgrade the tyres....stock rubber on the NHC is too thin,
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 19:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

bunk the teflon coating mate.. its no use.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 14:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

While congratulating you on your new hardware I sympathise with you for what all happend to your car within 24 hrs of buying. Such are the vagaries of life.

However, what I failed to grasp was, why in the world did the secuirty not inform you or note down the rogue truck's number so that you could have taken action sooner or later. Secondly, I found your attitude as resigned to fate kind of. A new 10L car gets messed up, first by a biker and then by a truck and you are stoic. My salutations to you.

Had it been me then God save the biker and the Security guy for not informing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Hi Guys... I have been out of action for weeks now..... Just a refresher...what i have been upto..... Finally I made up my mind and booked the City Vtec.. And got the Delivery 2 weeks back..... and it I love white color, so I took the white….

Things have not been right from that day...may be i am being paranoid or what.....the feeling in the new car was awesome when it got it... the plastic.... and the feeling of spending close to 10 lacs was just sinking in.....till i started the car after the puja at the dealership and headed home... on the way got the petrol filled and came to the crossing.. then this mr smart bike comes and bangs form the behind like no end of himself ....leaving a tyre mark on the bumper... controlling my emotions and not creating a scene that I moved on and came home...

I had another round of Puja at home with my mom and then I heading to temple and finally reached home…..all was well till the next morning, I took my car to work……parked in the normal parking slot…. And the day went well…till I saw my car to come home…..there was dents, scratch’s from the front bumper to the front door…. With rust mark all over the car…right hand side… dents, paint has been peeled off and side indicator lamp has crushed…..On finding in detail with the security, I came to know that there was a truck who was loading un loading some thing and the bugger wrecked my one day old car…and now we cant do anything about it…I felt like killing myself about it…have been sick from that day till today with sever cold and infection….till today morning….

I am up and feeling good with dent marks on a car that has done 90km… I am heading to temple again and get a puja done again… Will keep us guys posted with what all I am going through….Its sad but I thought I can share this with every one…I may feel light at heart…..and I am putting all this behind me now….and am planning to get lot of stuff done over the week end…starting with a Sun Control film, Spoiler, Teflon coating, seat covers….will post the pictures of the city shorty……cheers and have a gr8 days ahead..
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 14:17   #5
Team-BHP Support

amitk2kin,

I'm sorry to hear abt your experience thus far. Hope it changes for the better
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 10:44   #6
BANNED

Dear Amit,

Congrats on new car! Everyboady on this forum can understand how you must have felt on both incedence but dont wory abt what had happened ! just get teflon dpne and eveything will be fine ! dot forget to add security lock to your car !

Take snaps of your car and keep us posted !

Reagrds,
Jitendra
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 11:08   #7
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy! and well, maybe you WILL feel light at heart, sharing trauma like this - we all very well understand the feeling of helplessness and frustration over the sort of road conditions we have in india.

this is an inevitable part of the life of a car-owner here. anyway, nothing irreversible. might cost a little more than what would otherwise be necessary, but after that, the damage is all undone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Secondly, I found your attitude as resigned to fate kind of. A new 10L car gets messed up, first by a biker and then by a truck and you are stoic. My salutations to you.

Had it been me then God save the biker and the Security guy for not informing...
but then, gd, if there were any point in bulldozing the security fellow, it's another matter. what's done is done. you can only create a scene with the idiot and no more. a punch on the nose, at the very limit??? in the end, you're still doing this -
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 11:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulaions first of all on an excelent choice - A white VTEC !! Wow !!

Secondly, my sympathies with you on getting dents & scratches on a spanking new vehicle - I know how it feels - '' Been there, Done that ''

And as GD said salutations to you on you keeping your cool - if it was me I would have probably lost it and God save the Soul who was responsible for this. But what is done, is done, If it is a lot of damage - please give the car to the dealer - insurance wil take care of it, else get it done froma reputed workshop ( minor dents & scratches ).

Cheers !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 11:48   #9
BHPian

now, that is exactly what i fear and what can kill me with an immediate heart attack.

it is this paranoid thing in my head that forces me to buy 2nd hand cars all the time.

while i congratulate your guts in buying a new car and still surviving after seeing the damages within a day, i sincerely sympathise with you on these happenings.

have a wonderful driving experience ahead. best wishes for this being the last of incidents to your car.
gbpscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 03:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Totally superstitious, but still this can give you some solace, someone close and completely nuts about his cars used to say, any car or horse (even baby) that meets with initial bad luck, goes on to form a huge bond later. You are going to be in love with your new car soon. Congratulations.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 14:35   #11
BHPian

Hey Amit, congrats for the new car man and my sympathies for the mishaps (that's what I call such incidents for a car)! Even my brand new Esteem had long scratches sketched by some ******* within the first week.
BTW, do avoid Teflon coating as it's more of an eyewash. Just get good wax jobs done every 3-4 months and keep the car clean.
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 15:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your new car dude.
Get her fixed soon. have a great time with your car.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:43   #13
BANNED

hi congrats on your new car and sorry to hear about that
by the way where have u bought your car from which dealer i have booked my city exi too with addis marketing and i am to get delivery by next week from icchabhan kalina
so just wanted to know
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote