Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 26th January 2008, 12:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

This takes the cake. I don't believe this that this cop actually did this....ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Hahah..Rs 10?? Now thats a steal..
My cousin got stopped on MG road once,and he all he had was Rs 5. He took the note,and handed it to the constable. Mr Constable looks at him in disgust, takes out Rs 10 and hands it to my cousin,asking him to keep more cash where ever he goes.

IMHO, they can't confiscate the vehicle. If you can prove that you enterd the city and are within the 6 months limit, you can't be prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Usefull info mate.... I still get on my nerves if i recollect how that RTO officer was talking nonsense to me. He said he will seize my vehicle at that spot if i dont pay the tax.... Is it possible ? Is there any law which gives them the authority of confiscating the car without any charges/notice ?

Last edited by ajmat : 26th January 2008 at 15:03.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 17:59   #77
BHPian

Hehe... What an incident guys. Something like this happened to my dad also. He has this habit of chanting mantras while driving to office.One day while going,police people asked him to stop his car.They were telling that he was talking over the phone and driving.He said he wasnt.The persuation grew on to an argument..Dad Showed them the call log in the mobile.But still they were not listening.My dad had some contacts in the IG office and he tried to call them.Hearing him converse over the phone,the cop was saying things like, you aint going off from us if you make us believe that you have contacts at the top level. Dad didnt try to argue and all.. After sometime,someone called and asked to let him go..By then, that cop was nowhere to be seen. Hehe..
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote