Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 16:58   #31
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Umm...drive a stock car, and be a wimp on the road, will ALWAYS work. If anyone can adhere to these suggestions, he/she doesn't need them in the first place! "Someone clips your end and you smile...YEAH RIGHT!!!" I'll be rearranging the other guys face with a smile on mine!
Sorry guys, but what's left? Yoga, meditation and Pranayaam???
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 00:25   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 680
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
"Someone clips your end and you smile...YEAH RIGHT!!!" I'll be rearranging the other guys face with a smile on mine!
Sorry guys, but what's left? Yoga, meditation and Pranayaam???
So you never make a mistake when driving? To err is human and your insurance company is there to make him pay for it. Why make a big fuss and get into a verbal argument or worse, a physical fight? It is not like the dent is gonna fix itself if you land two blows on his face. It will only ruin your mood and his face or your mood and your face if he's got the right contacts.

Btw, pranayaam is good for everyone.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 00:49   #33
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
To err is human and your insurance company is there to make him pay for it.
Btw, pranayaam is good for everyone.
Jeez dude, have you ever been in India? Insurance companies generally don't do crap!
I do know about pranayaam...I'm certified remember? . Lighten up a bit and don't take everything so literally. This isn't about just a human error and NO I've never rearended anyone...YET. With the traffic scenario out here, you wanna avoid road rage...stay at home or take the bus!
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 10:14   #34
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Umm...drive a stock car, and be a wimp on the road, will ALWAYS work. If anyone can adhere to these suggestions, he/she doesn't need them in the first place! "Someone clips your end and you smile...YEAH RIGHT!!!" I'll be rearranging the other guys face with a smile on mine!
Sorry guys, but what's left? Yoga, meditation and Pranayaam???
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Jeez dude, have you ever been in India? Insurance companies generally don't do crap!
I do know about pranayaam...I'm certified remember? . Lighten up a bit and don't take everything so literally. This isn't about just a human error and NO I've never rearended anyone...YET. With the traffic scenario out here, you wanna avoid road rage...stay at home or take the bus!

wow man,

i dont think you are in touch with the world around, you dont even have any idea how things turn ugly,
first when you think of rearranging somebody's face for clipping your car.. you dont even know who that guy is... could be convict on bail looking for trouble only and he finds you and while you are planning to arrange his face he might just arrange yours.

secondly guy could be rushing because his wife is in labour nobody is there to attend to. hope you can imagine putting your self in his place.
similarly any emergency can it be, mother on death bed, father had an accident. HOW WOULD KNOW BEFORE REARRANGING HIS FACE.

THERE ARE SOME INCIDENTS

I have been talking about Dr. Diwan all this while.

here is his story
Gurgaon road rage: Police arrest engineer

and few more
Road rage: Hit with a stone, 35-yr-old dies - Yahoo! India News
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv...WEN20070019249


tell me if you need more,

now what made all these normal people go on a killing A HUMEN BEING

IT ALL STARTED WITH THE RUDE WORDS BEING EXCHANGED.
IT ALL STARTED WITH THE THOUGHT OF YOU SCRATCH MY CAR I SCRATCH YOUR FACE. .

Roads are car are meant for reaching from point a to b,

and no matter how much you love your car it is still not worth hurting another human being.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 10:44   #35
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Blasts from the past
* December 2, 2006: 29-year-old beaten up by bank recovery agents on KG Marg when he suddenly braked his car ahead of the accused
* January 15, 2006: A Santro owner opens fire on two persons on Rohtak Road in Pashchim Vihar after victims' car smacked bumper of the Santro
* November 2, 2006: After a car bumped into another, argument, violence flare up between drivers at RK Puram. One of them reportedly takes out a sword and smashes windscreen of the other car
* June 8, 2005: A 32-year-old property dealer fires two rounds in the air from his licensed revolver after a middle-aged businessman reportedly refused to let his car through at Mahipalpur crossing in south-west Delhi
* March 16, 2005: Brothers of a municipal councillor and a former MP from Uttar Pradesh get into an altercation following a minor accident at Munirka. The case involves Nalin Tokas, brother of councillor Hiren Tokas, and Someshwar Yadav, brother of ex-MP Ashok Yadav
* March 1, 2005: Sukhdev, a Maruti owner, fires two rounds in the air after a motorbike grazes his car and leaves a dent. Incident occurs at the Tibetan market
* August 14, 2004 : A 35-year-old man driving a Toyota Qualis is killed after fellow driver, in Maruti, hit him following an altercation over passage on a narrow lane in Krishna Nagar, east Delhi
* February 11, 2004 : A 23-year-old is shot at by unidentified man following an argument after their cars collide at level-crossing near Narela
msharma_79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 10:59   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Whats the case E_L, if its not a chirstmas day
Happened a few times on other days too. So far, I have not even once been enraged by such things. I have had a few expletives hurled towards the offender & carried on. I have not so far taken a single paise for repairs even though i have been offered. There is no point in taking money from an auto driver or a cab driver. You just have to see my car to know the many instances.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 11:07   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

I hope you use the ash tray inside the car and not dump it on the road, which incidentally blows into the eyes of other drivers, which might lead to WORSE accidents, just for the sake of a smoke,

Had a near experience with it recently, Hence requesting all SMOKERS, kindly use the ash tray in the CAR and DO NOT DUMP ASH out of the window. Even a dangling cigar is DANGEROUS.

Always Enjoy the smoke, its good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
I just move along with the crowd enjoying my smoke.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 11:39   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,603
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Well this thread helped to keep my cool yesterday!

I was driving on the Airport Road, Bangalore from MG Road towards Airport, the traffic was moderate and moving on in a decent speed, suddenly at the notorious Command Hospital junction, don't know what happened maybe the traffic cop stopped the traffic, the Indica little in front of me suddenly braked, I too slammed the brakes, just missed the Indica by a whisker, Thank God! BUT then I hear a thud at me rear! there was a dreaded Auto behind me (though he said he applied brakes), hit my rear right corner! I thought the bumper would have taken the brunt and since the traffic was getting piled on, I didn't get out to check the damage, I just shouted at the Auto driver asking him why he didn't apply the brakes, he said he applied but couldn't stop, thinking it was a genuine accident, I just moved on!

Went bit ahead and stopped the Car to assess the damage, shocked to see the right Tail-lamp broken and a bit of edge of the body panel has peeled off.

If I claim Insurance, I have to pay Rs.500 + 50% of Tail-lamp cost (Rs.1100) = Rs.1000 approx
Not sure if I should have stopped that Auto guy and made him pay Rs.1000 fo the damage?

Last edited by finneyp : 7th September 2007 at 11:45.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 11:49   #39
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,551
Thanked: 6,308 Times
Default

I read the incidents mentioned above in post 35.
One thing is glaring out from them.

The people who took the law on their own, where not exactly law abiding model citizens.
Recovery agents, guys with swords/ guns in their cars....

because there is a possibility of me meeting such a lunatic, do I keep silent and be wimpy..
I dont think so.

btw...Is someone, who shouts real loud, waves his hand and exagerates his emotions a HERO.
or is it someone, who can look the other in his eye, without fear and tell him softly but firmly that he is wrong; a wimp.

dont be a walk over, ever!
stand for what you believe in.
Our freedom was hard won, don't loose it.

would like to narrate an encounter I once had..
got cut off by a Scorpio, before I even realise I have uttered 'abbey oui'.
the windows roll down and I find myself staring into four or five well fed, white dressed creepy looking guys.
and the guy in front says, kya bole re

I came with my greatest statement for that year.
hum aap jaise logon ke mooh nahi lagte.

on my bike, escape routes clear...am gone before they even figured out what I said.

ha ha ha.

yeh ok ok... what if they had caught me or whatever....but hey you only live once.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 12:39   #40
BHPian
 
ad75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

@mssharma - great thread.
ad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 14:56   #41
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

There is very thin line between bravery and Stupidity
Brave man knows what is at stake and Stupid does not.

msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 07:56   #42
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...boy...convict on bail...looking for trouble.....hahahahahahahaha...thanks for making my day; you're hilarious
i think you got the point.i wish you have a good life ahead.


just checked your profile, i was wondering if i was talking to a teenager,but your not.

Great, have fun

and go get them tiger

Last edited by msharma_79 : 8th September 2007 at 07:59.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 08:01   #43
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Well this thread helped to keep my cool yesterday!

I was driving on the Airport Road, Bangalore from MG Road towards Airport, the traffic was moderate and moving on in a decent speed, suddenly at the notorious Command Hospital junction, don't know what happened maybe the traffic cop stopped the traffic, the Indica little in front of me suddenly braked, I too slammed the brakes, just missed the Indica by a whisker, Thank God! BUT then I hear a thud at me rear! there was a dreaded Auto behind me (though he said he applied brakes), hit my rear right corner! I thought the bumper would have taken the brunt and since the traffic was getting piled on, I didn't get out to check the damage, I just shouted at the Auto driver asking him why he didn't apply the brakes, he said he applied but couldn't stop, thinking it was a genuine accident, I just moved on!

Went bit ahead and stopped the Car to assess the damage, shocked to see the right Tail-lamp broken and a bit of edge of the body panel has peeled off.

If I claim Insurance, I have to pay Rs.500 + 50% of Tail-lamp cost (Rs.1100) = Rs.1000 approx
Not sure if I should have stopped that Auto guy and made him pay Rs.1000 fo the damage?

sorry to hear about you car man, but you did good..
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 08:10   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,850
Thanked: 15,406 Times
Default

Wow, this is sure turning out to be a heated discussion. Talk about controlling road rage, this is a rage session here.
To be frank I have been in situations on road, where I have abused, cursed, blah blah. That was years ago.
But then you realize that its not worth it. The guy's not gonna pay you. Take him to police station.
Well police will keep both cars and then you go to courts.

Recently in Delhi a smart guy had some panga with bikers.
So he got out with a base ball bat and decided to do some rearranging.

the bikers snatched his bat and hit his head.
Next day his family held his last rites.

So was a scratch on the car worth it?
Those two bikers are in jail and this guy is dead.

Tomorrow this could be you dead.
So if you find an idiot ignore, if somebody threatens you do not get out of the car. Remember you have a family sitting at home. This warning is esp true for Delhi guys because the kind of weirdo's I have seen in west UP/Delhi area are actually the dangerous kind.
In bangalore the fights are mostly verbal(atleast 3 years ago) but in Delhi it seems every second bloke carries a gun.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 08:59   #45
BHPian
 
msharma_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 262
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wow, this is sure turning out to be a heated discussion. Talk about controlling road rage, this is a rage session here.
To be frank I have been in situations on road, where I have abused, cursed, blah blah. That was years ago.
But then you realize that its not worth it. The guy's not gonna pay you. Take him to police station.
Well police will keep both cars and then you go to courts.

Recently in Delhi a smart guy had some panga with bikers.
So he got out with a base ball bat and decided to do some rearranging.

the bikers snatched his bat and hit his head.
Next day his family held his last rites.

So was a scratch on the car worth it?
Those two bikers are in jail and this guy is dead.

Tomorrow this could be you dead.
So if you find an idiot ignore, if somebody threatens you do not get out of the car. Remember you have a family sitting at home. This warning is esp true for Delhi guys because the kind of weirdo's I have seen in west UP/Delhi area are actually the dangerous kind.
In bangalore the fights are mostly verbal(atleast 3 years ago) but in Delhi it seems every second bloke carries a gun.

nothing heated here, but i guess you need somebody to oppose also it is good for the readers who might have similar thoughts.

Last edited by msharma_79 : 8th September 2007 at 09:02.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Query:Avoid Mysore Road for Kengeri-Old Mds Road route NPV Route / Travel Queries 15 25th September 2011 22:53
Avoid Bannerghatta Road today akas_chauhan Street Experiences 5 13th April 2009 17:14
Please Avoid Bp Bunk On Bannerghatta Road (opp Subramanya Arcade), Bangalore thiyags22 Shifting gears 30 9th February 2009 13:37
Road Rage : Me v/s SLK 230 DCEite Street Experiences 33 19th July 2007 17:58
Road Rage kgc_cool Shifting gears 13 16th March 2006 17:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks