Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 16th October 2007, 23:11   #31
BHPian

Sick sick sick. That beemer's totalled. The spot welds will be broken up on the side its hit. There is only so much a car can be restored to it's original condition I think.

Dont know if this has been mentioned before. In Jan./Feb. last year, a Ferrari 360 Modena crashed on the ECR! My friend and I had gone for Rider Mania(the annual Enfield bash for the unaware). When we arrived in the morning, news came from some guys riding from Mahabalipuram that the Modena had crashed(yeah that car was getting sort of famous by now because it was ripping up n down that highway every weekend). To top it, we both were getting sort of bored at Rider Mania which was a bit of a let down. So in the evening we both thought we'd just go for a ride to Mahabs and grab a bite on the way. Doing about 80, when on the opp. side I see this pick up truck haul the Ferrari, one end of which was totally done for. That guy was doing an easy 40-50 so considering the combined speeds and lack of sufficient light I could not even figure out which side had got screwed, but I guess it's the front. And yes it was sort of bashed up, for it had all it's internals showing - totally black in contrast to that red body! Now aint that painfull...
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 00:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Didn't someone get pics of the Modena crash? Thought I did see some here..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 01:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

OLD story ,sparkie.
There was a controversial thread here. Don't know if its still in the database.
PS: The ferrari's currently undergoing "restoration" by a very nice gentleman here. I hope it comes out well.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 01:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous..I was just curious. Is the Ferrari being restored in Chennai? Must be quite a task! Is there a Ferrari authorized dealer?
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 12:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would like to add one piece of info that I know, here.
I understood from many taxi drivers that the chauffeurs of such expensive cars are really very nervous when they drive in traffic and many a times they get into the situation of dilemma of to-stop-or-to-go situations and they take the wrong decision. If it were owner driven, perhaps he would have pressed the gas a bit harder and passed through... while the chauffeur might have paniced and hit the brakes instead...
Poor Chauffeur...
This reminds me of another friend who asked me 'do we really need air bags and side crash bars in India.." I am going to show this picture to him.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 13:06   #36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

gosh, how could the driver of the bus be so careless, he would have to sell himself or work himself to death if he were to pay for the damaages.
priyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:58   #37
BHPian

Chennai Seems To be a Bad Place For BMW......It;s Just Sad to see Good Cars Gettin Bashedup Like That......
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote