Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 16th September 2007, 23:35   #1
BHPian

Default BMW 325i crash in chennai

hello all, my friend kamesh (tbhpian) spotted this brand new beemer which was hit by a speeding bus in chennai this afternoon. i felt really bad after seeing the pictures that he took, its a 325i n it was making a right turn out of a T junction in kodambakam high road when a speeding bus hit its side. the right side body is completely thrashed n the gearbox oil was leaking on the road, the shafts broken, and the wheels where hanging with stub axles probably ripped off the mountings. was being driven by a chauffer. there are hardly any bmws in chennai, so rare n crashes make em look very bad. see the pictures..............

baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad to hear. A chauffer driving and the owner giving a 325i to him, beats me why not a 320d if its chauffered around, might not be the drivers fault but why give the best drivers car in the country to a chauffer?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 00:07   #3
BHPian

:O stunned beyond words.
MA5K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Very sad indeed. Are those curtain air bags?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats sad to hear. A chauffer driving and the owner giving a 325i to him, beats me why not a 320d if its chauffered around, might not be the drivers fault but why give the best drivers car in the country to a chauffer?
Dude cmon cut the owner some slack here,

Maybe he didnt feel like driving at that time and wanted to be driven. Anyways lets hope insurance takes care of most of the damages since she was brand new.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:40   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the bus has T-boned it, that Beemer sure has taken it well. Yup those look like the curtain airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
A chauffer driving and the owner giving a 325i to him, beats me why not a 320d if its chauffered around, might not be the drivers fault but why give the best drivers car in the country to a chauffer?
Busa, what sense does that statement make? Its upto the owner what car he wants a chauffeur on. Or maybe the chauffeur was only driving to the petrol pump for a fillup. We dont know the situation so its best not to comment on who was driving it.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Beemer has stood up to the safety and crash challenge - looks like none would have got even a scratch. The crumple zone in the door has taken teh brunt of the bus hit
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 13:41   #8
BHPian

really sad to see this. But the beemer really withstood the test.. pretty impressive... hope the insurance takes care of everything and this baby returns to the road asap.
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 15:59   #9
BHPian

sheesh! sad to see a brand new beemer, becoming a victim of indian traffic.

OT: by the way, does any chennai anna know about a brand new X5 which crashed, somewhere near spencer plaza, about 6 months ago? i had seen the car, just minutes after the crash and it looked like it had rolled over several times, and it was still intact. and ya, the owner was on the phone, probably giving an explanation to his dad!
nikhilv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 16:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Its very sad to see such beautiful cars becoming victim to Indian traffic.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 16:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Imagine the owner's heartburn on seeing his beemer. If that was my car, the bus driver would have been history. A good advertisement for safety though. Keep these images in mind the next time you decide to skip on those safety features.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 16:47   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see the beemer in this condition. Whether its new or not, it still hurts to see a beemer banged up so bad.

I still wonder if its worthwhile having such expensive cars in our country given the traffic situation. But on the other hand the safety aspect has justified it. The airbags seem to have deployed which might have saved the occupants from any injury.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

It is a very common sight for buses to jump signals. This is one sad thing that has happened as a result of that. Very sad.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
It is a very common sight for buses to jump signals. This is one sad thing that has happened as a result of that. Very sad.
Yes, few weeks back my friend went to chennai in his indica, When the signal turned red he stopped (no hard braking etc) but the bus behind him didnt want to...and crashed into the Indica backside...nothing happened, only the back door was replaced (it took the hit well)

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

It hurts to see a beautiful Beemer scraped in this manner!

Can we please have separate Roads for Buses, Autos & Cabbies?
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote