Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 27th November 2007, 16:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

guys even the lady diana could not avoid fate even while she was in a merc with all kinds of safety features ,so better not commend on the safety of the car in the first case.reckless driving cannot save any one inside ,but be happy that inspite of this wreck 2 guys have managed to escape.so swift is safe regarding that.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 17:03   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
guys even the lady diana could not avoid fate even while she was in a merc with all kinds of safety features ,

ram

which she was not using.
the only person in that car wearing the seatbelt survived.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 17:12   #108
BHPian

I think even an ABS or an Airbag could have saved the passengers from this horrible accident, may the souls rest in peace.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 21:42   #109
BHPian

all you people specially youngsters please remember,'SPEED IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL'.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:50   #110
BHPian

May the departed souls rest in peace. Hope the survivors have recovered and learnt something from this tragic and avoidable episode.

My signature says it all..
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 23:02   #111
BHPian

I know I am posting too late. The incident was extremely horrific and sad. I can only sympathize with the family of the deceased.

I have gone through the western expressway quite a number of times. Even at night nobody should drive above 100 kmph. Regarding swift's safety I think people know about this site, which is very reliable. Swift scored very well according to the crash test :

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Suzuki Swift

Here are the crash test videos for swift :

÷AMTC - Der ÷sterreichische Automobil-, Motorrad- und Touring Club
crosscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 11:20   #112
BHPian

Attempting to bring a closure to this topic!!!

I knew one of the guys dead in the crash and know one of the guys who survived. He is related to me. The driver was young and was about to get married in Dec - just a couple of months after the crash.

Let me clear the air - as official as it gets!! They were speeding at a very high speed. The survivor - my relation - is too numb to relive the incident in detail and of course - sorry - that they didnt care for their own lives.

Any car at that speed on a Mumbai road could have met with that fate.

Our sympathies with the deceased families and hope the youngsters take extreme care in the future!! Amen
M-Oz is offline   Reply With Quote