Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 9th February 2008, 14:09   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I'm starting to hate the sunshine.

LOL, and I have, for 'mysterious' reasons, always preferred cloudy days!
Old 19th April 2008, 14:56   #257
BHPian

Default Scorpios are Mean Machines

For the Good and Bad of it.......

Kolkata is infested with downtrodden ambassador taxis who always like to dent ur car. Whenever I drove a Scorpoi in Kolkata esp with the bull bar, I have acutally been able to veer these amby pests off and even came to a situation where a taxi driver with folded hands gesture requested me not to stab the bull bar into his door and let me pass first at an intersection. It was a negotiation that rarely happens and if it hadnt been a scorpio, that bugger would have scratched my bumper and carelessly drove off.

Talk about bayonets on the road.
Old 19th April 2008, 15:24   #258
Senior - BHPian

Who all stand vindicated now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
For the Good and Bad of it.......

Kolkata is infested with downtrodden ambassador taxis who always like to dent ur car. Whenever I drove a Scorpoi in Kolkata esp with the bull bar, I have acutally been able to veer these amby pests off and even came to a situation where a taxi driver with folded hands gesture requested me not to stab the bull bar into his door and let me pass first at an intersection. It was a negotiation that rarely happens and if it hadnt been a scorpio, that bugger would have scratched my bumper and carelessly drove off.

Talk about bayonets on the road.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:02   #259
BHPian

@all those Scorpio bashers, I noticed many times words like property dealer, politician, new rich etc etc, Thats sad.

Then there is too much running it down attitude like "bad handling, body roll" etc, just understand that its not a sedan with koni shocks, but a tall boy design, and you cannot drive it like you do in your wannabe sports cars.
How do I know, because I have owned/driven real sports cars as well

deep down you probably want one scorpio too.
you are so green with envy, because when all other taxi/call center/auto drivers terrorize you in your sedan, the SUV drivers dont get the same treatment from them.

there are so many good guys driving around in scorpios.
yes, I have one, its black, and its got extra lights in front. Doesn't make me a bad driver because of all these.

Do I intimidate other drivers? yes and no. I don't do it by intention. If others are too timid to get intimidated just by the presence of my car, so be it.

The guys with blue/HID lights with irresponsible use of those, loud music, trash talking/bad attitude is much worse than a common man driving peacefully in a scorpio.

sad that anybody who drives a scorpio gets a bad name where others like above are called cool dudes.

I rest my case.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:26   #260
BHPian

oh..this scorpio bashing is still continuing?
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:01   #261
Senior - BHPian

owww..when is this bashing gonna end?? this thread really hurts me..somewhere in this thread, i read "scorpios are for brain dead people", "scorpio drivers are terrorists" and "scorpio drivers are ZOMBIES"..there are quite a few scorpio owners in this forum, so does it mean that they are all zombies and terrorists???.. just too much of a generalization here..i drive a 2003 scorpio and i drive it sensibly and so do some of my friends who drive one..there is too much talking about this "scorpio feels like toppling down anytime"- FYKI, it all depends upon the individual driving skill and control over the vehicle.i ve done some extreme cornering at speeds of 40 to 60kmph, my ride never toppled .people who drive a sedan feel a bit weird when they drive a SUV because of the high seating position and point of view ,this feeling reduces when they get the complete feel of the vehicle, thats it..

i wonder whether the MODS will do something about the "hurting" comments posted in this thread..there has to be an end to this scorpio bashing madness..

thank you..

Last edited by badboyscad : 22nd April 2008 at 20:13.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:48   #262
BHPian

Default Another scorpio story

Another scorpio story
This event happened 2 days back and victim was my friend's bike parked on road side,driver of scorpio was drunk and on first attempt he managed to hit bike and a telephone post,breaking the post and damaging bike,then effect of liquor played another role,he reversed a little and since he wasn't sure of which path to follow he again drove over the bike and speeded away.Bike has been badly damaged.He got car's number from witnesses who where pretty sure that driver was drunk and is now in search of owner.
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:54   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Bike has been badly damaged.He got car's number from witnesses who where pretty sure that driver was drunk and is now in search of owner.
Here's where the RTO website comes handy:

MVDKerala - Home

Click and find out who the drunkard was: Registration Details

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd April 2008 at 21:55.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:58   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrajan View Post
The guys with blue/HID lights with irresponsible use of those, loud music, trash talking/bad attitude is much worse than a common man driving peacefully in a scorpio.

sad that anybody who drives a scorpio gets a bad name where others like above are called cool dudes.

I rest my case.
Surprisingly these days I find Innovas and ofcourse Indicabs driving rash compared to Scorpios.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:14   #265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Surprisingly these days I find Innovas and ofcourse Indicabs driving rash compared to Scorpios.
Time to start a new thread?!
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:23   #266
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to learn about this; but this still doesn't make that why Scorpio drivers drive rashly. Under the influence of liquor the said person (scorpio driver) would have behaved similarly even if he/she was driving a Nano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Another scorpio story
This event happened 2 days back and victim was my friend's bike parked on road side,driver of scorpio was drunk and on first attempt he managed to hit bike and a telephone post,breaking the post and damaging bike,then effect of liquor played another role,he reversed a little and since he wasn't sure of which path to follow he again drove over the bike and speeded away.Bike has been badly damaged.He got car's number from witnesses who where pretty sure that driver was drunk and is now in search of owner.
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:30   #267
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with you BadBoy Scorpio.... Sometimes I wonder why this thing started in the first place...a case of sour grapes?? Why has there been no thread on rashly & manicly driven Qualises/Sumos etc., by the call centres

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
owww..when is this bashing gonna end?? this thread really hurts me..somewhere in this thread, i read "scorpios are for brain dead people", "scorpio drivers are terrorists" and "scorpio drivers are ZOMBIES"..there are quite a few scorpio owners in this forum, so does it mean that they are all zombies and terrorists???.. just too much of a generalization here..i drive a 2003 scorpio and i drive it sensibly and so do some of my friends who drive one..

i wonder whether the MODS will do something about the "hurting" comments posted in this thread..there has to be an end to this scorpio bashing madness..

thank you..

Last edited by gd1418 : 23rd April 2008 at 11:32.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:19   #268
Senior - BHPian

This thread IMHO should be closed. You always have the option to drive any car the way you want, its not about the car. Besides labelling people driving this particular car is taking things a bit too far.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:40   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I totally agree with you BadBoy Scorpio.... Sometimes I wonder why this thing started in the first place...a case of sour grapes?? Why has there been no thread on rashly & manicly driven Qualises/Sumos etc., by the call centres
No....it was not sour grapes. The thread came out of my many encounters with scorpios...and me starting to notice the trend. Qualis / Sumo are MOSTLY call centre cabs. So you don't expect anything more. Hence no thread.

But enough has been said here already. Maybe its ok to close this thread.

-- Torqy
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:48   #270
Senior - BHPian

Second that.. Though I, myself, have done some Scorpio bashing in the past.. think its time to close this thread. Now I feel Innova's are driven more rashly than Scorpio's
Closed Thread