Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th November 2007, 22:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Pathetic service by Crossroad onroad service

Yesterday battery of my Indica flushed completely after 10 mins of use of fan and Music system. I was with my 7 month old daughter, waiting for my wife to come back from vegetable market.

Without any hope, I called crossroad people, and as per there standard response, they cam after 1hr and 10 min. The guy came in a rusty maruti van and tried to jump start the car. Finally 2-3 attempt car started.

in last 3 attempts to ask for service they took 1.5 hrs, 1 hr and 1.2 hr, and they claim max 30-40 mins.

they really are exploiting there monopoly kind in market.

Also I observed a very interesting thing, when the car was new there service was very good, and after 6 years, service is hopeless. Same happened to a friend.

Its so frustrating that they keep saying 5-10 mins, and even after 1 hr nobody turns up

This time I asked for a copy of job card, and the mechanic said, he do not have the job sheets.

I am not sure, what should I do?
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 00:07   #2
BHPian

Dude as compared to "Crossroad" i think "RACE" does a better job.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 08:18   #3
BHPian

I've been in a situation with crossroads for a friends Cielo, the car shut off in lajpat nagar for some reason(Later turned out Fuel Pump Failure)- Cross road helpline took 20 min to reach peak traffic time of 6 PM.

I guess it depends on the Area, and how close is the nearest service vehicle, I have spotted them usually parked in Lajpat Nagar, Dhaula Kuan , Maharani Bagh.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 19th November 2007 at 08:20.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

RACE are complete thieves themselves. As of 2006 atleast.

Here's what happens. (pardon the monk hangover)

These mechs typically have some stock of their own with themselves. Like alternator for example. in my mom's cng m800, alternator had a adjustment issue - the car would stall once in 4-5 months and alternator would need some minor adjustments everytime (dont recall specifically). Instead, their fellows got mom to replace perfectly working parts - on the second time round, mom made them give the part back, which they did after lotsa cribbing - it was checked and found okay later.

And like rkb says above, they had HORRENDOUS timings - typically minimum 45 mins - mom once waited 1.5 hours even in areas like nauroji nagar (cng station).

Buy their service only for the occasional late night tow service but nothing else.

and these mechs often give their personal mob numbers for "better" service

Anyday better, a maruti owner near okhla, can try out kumar service station, a MASC. Superb, cordial family service, and FOC car pickup/drop.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Buy their service only for the occasional late night tow service but nothing else.
I guess thats true, spend that 365 rs per annum, in case of emergency or night break-ups.

Do not depend them from small problems. Learned few more things from one of the mechanic of car roads. They give priority to on-road breakdowns than in-home breakdowns. also they give priority to new vehicles than old vehicles. So two call comes in from new and old car. They will first go for new car.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 15:17   #6
BHPian

You can negotiate with them for Rs.250 a year..and they seem to be good for towing, jump starting and stepney changes..

btw..which ones do you recommend for Delhi/NCR..
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote