Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 23rd November 2007, 11:48   #1
BHPian

Default a warm hello and my experience at aamby valley

hello to all you guys....my first post here....i stumbled across this forum yesterday after doing a search for the bmw event at aamby valley.

as a customer bmw invited me for this event which i really enjoyed. they flew me out kingfisher first and then jet business on the way back. nice cottages. good food. even better models and obviously some hot cars.

i have taken two videos when i actually could do some recording..other times i was too busy with the accelerator pedal! during the slalom i took a video with the 530i and the other is with the 525i

and i only have 2 pics...this was taken when we started the scenic drive...me and my friend were the first ones to drive the 650i....what a car, but still not as nice as the m3. please note that i had taken these with my phone camera....my friends at bmw will send me the videos that they were taking when doing the scenic drive..

there was an earlier post with a complete summary of the event///.....did anyone else go? i mean non-media people? we delhi and chandigarh guys were the first batch...media is always the last because they rape the cars..

oh yea...the scenic drive was the best....i got to drive the 650i on the way back to aamby valley and was doing 160kph on a narrow windy road...i accidentaly hit a road breaker at about 120 and was airborne for a fraction of a second.

and it was a shame that i did not win that slalom competition!

anyways hope u enjoy the pics and the videos....cheers!

video and pics here:

13th and 14th @ aamby valley bmw
x5india is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team, X5. Obviously you know the Beemer SUV? Which engine spec? Yup, KBK also reported that the BMW show was awesome. Me thinks he has already put his money down for a car he test-drove there....this within 4 days of getting a BMW 325!

Please do read the board rules to clearly understand our forum protocol.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to the team, X5. Obviously you know the Beemer SUV? Which engine spec? Yup, KBK also reported that the BMW show was awesome. Me thinks he has already put his money down for a car he test-drove there....this within 4 days of getting a BMW 325!

i ordered a 3.0d (space grey ext, black interior. panoramic roof, xenons, aluminum running board, bluetooth prep, dvd changer for 6 cds, park distance control, 3rd row seats, on board monitor with tv function, ipod interface etc) the only model available here...yet...they will be launching the 4.8i, but that i feel will be for about 10/15 lakhs more. te 3.0d has plenty of power, and on indian roads it is sufficient.

they said delivery in october, but now it looks like end dec or early jan. will post

which car did he get?
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:41   #4
BHPian

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : WATCH the tone. You are obviously unfamiliar with our forum protocol, and a visit to the board rules section is highly recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

bmw cars are called bimmers, and not beemers! beemers are the term used for bmw motorcycles!

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2007 at 10:10.
Old 24th November 2007, 01:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure the iPod interface works in conjunction with the 6 CD changer? I'd check on that before I put my money down, because I read somewhere that the iPod option was "not in conjunction with 6 CD changer".
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 01:48   #6
BHPian

Hi x5india,

Thanks for clarifying on the bimmers vs beemers debate. We do have a thread on that topic but I don't recall whether that debate was resolved.

As you said we live & learn. On this forum you will find us all keen to learn.

Cheers
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 09:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I say you can call them whatever the hell you like! It's a nick-name after all!
Old 24th November 2007, 10:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum X5! So when do we get to see your new beauty at one of the Delhi Meets??

Have fun!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 12:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Welcome to the forum X5! So when do we get to see your new beauty at one of the Delhi Meets??

Have fun!
i have not got it yet....hopefully sometime in december, though it may come first week in january...my car has been built, though it has been sitting in a ship somewhere in the world.

i will post pics once i get it

cya
Old 24th November 2007, 19:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Now I'm really glad I didn't choose to wait for the offical M3 launch! I'd have gone nuts being given regular updates on my car and not being able to see / touch / drive it!
Old 25th November 2007, 01:10   #11
BHPian

kbk, i met one of the senoir german dudes who works for bmw ag, and he told me the following:

since i was the first group to test drive the cars, for the scenic drive, there was a 730ld, but i guess mr. ralf kissinger, to whom that car belonged too, went out of aamby valley, and thus he took his car with him....as a replacement, you had the 750!!! luck u man

which bmw cars do u have? or what have u ordered?
Old 21st December 2007, 19:03   #12
BANNED

hey X5india...the event was real fun and the cars were amazing...along with the models we met...remember the twins...and the racing game we did...1min 40s
accord masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 20:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5india View Post
kbk, i met one of the senoir german dudes who works for bmw ag, and he told me the following:

since i was the first group to test drive the cars, for the scenic drive, there was a 730ld, but i guess mr. ralf kissinger, to whom that car belonged too, went out of aamby valley, and thus he took his car with him....as a replacement, you had the 750!!! luck u man

which bmw cars do u have? or what have u ordered?
I bought the white M3 that was at the event, X5!
Old 22nd December 2007, 02:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey X5india...the event was real fun and the cars were amazing...along with the models we met...remember the twins...and the racing game we did...1min 40s
YES THE TWINS! i remember them! my friend got their number...i remember on the first night, when we had dinner and were playing the monza race, that was when we met them...i remember there was one set of twins, and a couple of other hot girls...i invited them to delhi, gave them my business card an what not..

kbk, congrats on the white m3 that was on display...hope u have fun. i will be purchasing either the m5 or the 911 soon!

take care!!!