Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st December 2007, 16:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Found the front grille better on the old Indica & on the current model. Not that of the V2. But the old Indica looks a little bland compared with the later models that had the claddings around the wheel arches.
Spent some time watching scores of Indicas when I went into my service centre (RF Motors) to replace the side fender cladding on my truck, and I must say the ORIGINAL Indicas looked much better than the plastic-surgery-job new Indicas. It seems to look just right.

Thats when I saw one of the FIRST lot of Safaris and yes that looked PERFECT from front-on. The only one that looked better was the one-off limited edition version with a nice built-in crash guard.

Then I started noticing the 'original' versions of various cars and realized how much better they looked compared to the hideous 'upgrades' that came later. Particularly with the Marutis, where the original 800, 1000, Zen and Baleno looked so proportionate...
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 17:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

really nice writeup salilpawar1 i enjoyed reading it. and as long as you are having fun driving it thats all that matters , cheers
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 11:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I had a Indica 2000 LEi which was among the first few delivered in Mumbai in June 2000! You are absolutely right in your post above: most people simply could not believe the acceleration from the early 1.4s. Remember, this was when it's competitors were the Santro and the Matiz. It could blow the away both in the drag and in top speed.

Even I had one of the very few 2000 LEis, bought in August 2000. The bottom end was good,but it never "felt" good as it got extremely thrashy as the revs climbed up. Maybe it was a one-off case with us, the gearbox with the one we had was really rubbery and clumsy too.
But for the price, it was an okay car.. Good seats, space and comfort.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 06:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

the plastic cladding may not win any beauty contests , but is very practical. reduces water accumulation, and prevents scratches on the metal. In the city, its been a lifesaver.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 11:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the plastic cladding may not win any beauty contests , but is very practical. reduces water accumulation, and prevents scratches on the metal. In the city, its been a lifesaver.
GreenHorn,
You might want to quote the post to which you are responding to, to refresh everyone's memory.
This thread is almost a year old!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 14:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

I was invited to comment on this thread by the thread starter on a related thread of mine
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post976486
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 20:14   #22
BHPian

I am doubtful about the efficiency of this vehicle. You might want take a look at the published reports/data and compare with the competition. I guess competion has more effcient vehicles. Of cource Tata Motors managed to keep the price low to compensate for lower efficiency. This is a tricky one... It is always better to pay little extra for technology. It is for a good cause.
alpha_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 19:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_romeo View Post
I am doubtful about the efficiency of this vehicle. You might want take a look at the published reports/data and compare with the competition. I guess competion has more effcient vehicles. Of cource Tata Motors managed to keep the price low to compensate for lower efficiency. This is a tricky one... It is always better to pay little extra for technology. It is for a good cause.
Can't really disagree with you. Yes, on the track and on the dragstrip, an Indica might be slower than the competition. But on everyday streets, it is as fast (or as slow as) any other car. Hope you get my point.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 20:24   #24
BANNED

It is a sleeper car indeed - I tend to have some harmless fun on the highways with lots of surprised drivers. Some of them are even more surprised when they learn the car is more than 5 years old and done more than 90000 km.

And yes, the Indica 2000 petrols were the best handlers in the entire Indica petrol series.

alpha_romeo, which extra technology car would you recommend?
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote