Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 26th May 2008, 12:40   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I have sent an email to TOI and have gotten a response too.Added the link to this thread.Benny hope you don't mind.

Lets see how far the media does its job now.
Not at all, Riju.I guess i would have some snaps of my own, as well to put up. Lemme see if i can find them now.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 13:22   #32
BHPian

heck thats nothing, during the weekend's I take out the bike and I got pulled over 3 times on a single day!

Yup but they had nothing on me all my papers were upto date,
the first stop he only asked for my licence, I always stay very calm and cool when talking to these guys. So I guess he must have figured out I have everything else, wasn't soo interested in me as he has bigger fish to catch. While I was pulled over I saw another biker being charged 1000R.s! Or atleast thats what they asked him for. I think he didnt have his insurance papers+using high beam.

At one stops one of the officers wanted to check if my indicators were working! talking about finding a way to fine me . He had to let me go.

Why dont the Auto's get fined? They ammount of sound they make people can do deaf!
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 17:14   #33
BHPian

when it comes to handling traffic, I think COPS are the best people to handle it.. I mean we cant just sit here and comment on every thing they do, leave them alone and allow them to learn and do their work . When the repeatedly tell us they are trying to improve the situation, all them to improve and have some patience.
Pal-leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 13:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if its just me or some other people have also noticed, but I have been seeing a lot of traffic policemen directing traffic at most of the traffic intensive areas I go through. Have been noticing this phenomenon for the past 4 days now and they are really trying to do a good job. I hope this does carry on.

I wish there was some way to show appreciation to these guys, I know there are rotten apples everywhere but good work should be appreciated.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 13:39   #35
Team-BHP Support

What i dont understand is how these cops come up with a decision one fine day to make a two way road a one-way, and to close a particular road. Frankly, all it does is move the jam from one spot to the next.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 13:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

heh heh, well thats what " lift and shift" is all about .Plus you get to go through lanes and bylanes you would never have had the opportunity to visit.

Last edited by sammyboy : 5th June 2008 at 13:42. Reason: spelling
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 20:54   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Cops in Bangalore - a pictorial depiction

reviving after almost 3yrs. here's something for your thread Benny

cop going the wrong way at the Hebbal junction:
Name:  _MG_8178.JPG
Views: 1286
Size:  118.4 KB

modus operandi of our cops - hide and pounce (Koramangala National Games village T-junction):
Name:  _MG_8229.JPG
Views: 2200
Size:  164.7 KB

Name:  _MG_8230.JPG
Views: 1381
Size:  164.6 KB

Name:  _MG_8231.JPG
Views: 1252
Size:  163.5 KB

Name:  _MG_8232.JPG
Views: 1242
Size:  164.5 KB

this is dangerous not only to themselves, but the two wheelers as well!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 23:49   #38
Team-BHP Support

Oh come to Koramangala first block first main during weekdays (day time), you can see dangerous action and full fledged corruption. Few months back locals even revolted that these buggers stayed off for a while, now back, for their year end target.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 10:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

My Altis front right door got tapped by a 2 wheeler while waiting at a signal in HSR layout. The idiotic 2 wheeler was trying to squeeze between divider and my car near BDA complex junction where the flyover construction is going on. I put down the window to shout at the guy and I see a traffic cop on the bike. He looks back and says sorry. I shout at him more and he stumbles and hits the ORVM. Then I get the reeking smell of alcohol. He was drunk to the core and riding. He squeezed his way past went in front and hit another car in front the same way while trying to squeeze between divider.

This was friday night 10pm.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:12   #40
BHPian

Just adding couple of pics to the thread

1) Near ASC Center - Guy looks left , right , left again and zoom ....

2) Near Indian oil Pump after Kodihalli bus stop..Parked under a no parking sign for 30 mins
Attached Images

JoeMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you guys upload this to the facebook page of Bangalore Traffic Police. Mr Sood himself logs in and checks this page.

The replies to queries to him have been positive.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:18   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

cop riding in the wrong direction near Madiwala market signal.

Name:  _MG_9344.JPG
Views: 881
Size:  122.9 KB

also note that he's not wearing a helmet.

EDIT: put this thread up on BTP site on Facebook. let's see what they do about it.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 31st May 2011 at 14:25. Reason: adding information
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 15:45   #43
BHPian

An attempt to explain the thought process (or lack of it) of Traffic Police in Bangalore. I still cant understand why the directions 2 and 3 in the attached pictorial diagram is really required, when I look at it, experience it on a daily basis, it is only adding CHAOS and I see accidents on the service road almost every day!

Road: Hosur Main Road, also the NH 7, particular section Electronics City to Silkboard Flyover (approx around 10 KM distance). For others who have not seen this section of this road, it is a 10 Lane Highway on the ground level (5 each lane on either side of the MEDIAN). There is also the BETL (Elevated Toll Way - 4 Lane) running on top of this section, pillars on the median - FYI. There are Traffic Signals almost every 1.5 - 2 KM distance - at least 7 of them during the said distance on the 10 lane road on the ground.

What we can see is they are permitting (traffic sign board are in place) to tell that the service road permits bi directional traffic!!! I dont understand why they permit bi directional traffic on service road. Only to help those ones who dont want to go some 2 KM extra on the regular side of the NH and then take a U TURN onto the service Road and travel back - max another 2 KM - means 4 KM extra for those unfortunate ones who has to go to a place in between 2 median on the other side. But by permitting bi directional traffic on service road what they have done is adding 2 more signals to one direction unnecessarily (total 4 unnecessary ones at each signals) - meaning wait time at signals are more!

Picture attached for reference, I dont feel the need for the directions/signals 2 AND 3 (I have only shown the signals for single direction, the same thing is repeated for the other direction as well). Hope the picture explains it and you are able to understand the situation better. GREEN Arrows are regular traffic directions, RED - MUST NOT, AMBER - Possibly Avoid. Still dont think this is going to change and this would continue like this!

Cheers
narayanang76
Attached Thumbnails
Cops in Bangalore - a pictorial depiction-bangaloretrafficpolice_rules2.jpg  

narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 15:52   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
EDIT: put this thread up on BTP site on Facebook. let's see what they do about it.

You will get a call from them and be scolded for taking pictures while driving
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 18:34   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
You will get a call from them and be scolded for taking pictures while driving
in all probability that might happen. no wonder people are not willing to come forward to help.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote