Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 11:37   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
That alto is banged all around!! It needs one (or more) of those bullbars/crash guards asap
man thanks for the advice i am now serious thinking for a bullbar

can somebody please tell me the cost and is it advisable or not
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 13:46   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
can somebody please tell me the cost and is it advisable or not
Not at all advisable if u ask me.





abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 14:01   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

thanks bro for posting the pics
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 14:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,611
Thanked: 6,698 Times
Default

Utterly not advisable, and socially irresponsible.

You'll find my very strong feelings about that in other threads on the topic!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 18:34   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

@manik: Did you visit the dealer/tinkering guy and what was the price they have quoted? Just curious to know. I'am following this thread very interestingly.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 21:06   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Utterly not advisable, and socially irresponsible.

You'll find my very strong feelings about that in other threads on the topic!
bro can you please explain why its not advisable

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@manik: Did you visit the dealer/tinkering guy and what was the price they have quoted? Just curious to know. I'am following this thread very interestingly.
i had planned to go to the guy who had worked on my nhc few months back but i couldn't go as i had some work

will be going tomorrow at 10 in the morning will give full detail
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 21:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,611
Thanked: 6,698 Times
Default

It makes your car more dangerous to you --- the force of an accident is taken by the chassis, not by the bit that is designed to crumble, but much more seriously...

It turns your car into a killer machine.

Accidents that could have been relatively trivial , a broken bone or two, become fatal.

How many pedestrians do you want to kill?

There's no way to put it gently. This is not the way to go.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 23:43   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It makes your car more dangerous to you --- the force of an accident is taken by the chassis, not by the bit that is designed to crumble, but much more seriously...
I true dat (I agree).

Manik bullbar will only save yer car upto some extent. Have you seen Ashu car. It has a bull bar for 5 - 7 years now and you can ask him. Its not at all good. The only benefit is when u rear end someones car their back light breaks and yers saved. PERIOD!
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 09:37   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It makes your car more dangerous to you --- the force of an accident is taken by the chassis, not by the bit that is designed to crumble, but much more seriously...

It turns your car into a killer machine.

Accidents that could have been relatively trivial , a broken bone or two, become fatal.

How many pedestrians do you want to kill?

There's no way to put it gently. This is not the way to go.
i can see the picture bro i to feel it doesn't do whats its pictured to do and its has a false sense of security

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I true dat (I agree).

Manik bullbar will only save yer car upto some extent. Have you seen Ashu car. It has a bull bar for 5 - 7 years now and you can ask him. Its not at all good. The only benefit is when u rear end someones car their back light breaks and yers saved. PERIOD!
Bro yaar you know i will take your word i don't need to ask anyone else i trust you with my car
bro be ready today have to take the car to the painter in sector 7
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 10:03   #55
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 474
Thanked: 25 Times
Thumbs down Well the next time might be the end for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Thats what i am thinking i am trying to be more carefull now day after i got a huge lecture from a fellow bhpian Abhi



i take car of my car but i thing the love for her has gone down
and my m800 wreck as a complete different story]
Once the love for your car is gone then kiss your life goodbye.

I have advise sell the car.

I love cars and if you want to smash your car then please crash into a truck next time so you will also feel the pain.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 13:11   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,611
Thanked: 6,698 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i can see the picture bro i to feel it doesn't do whats its pictured to do and its has a false sense of security
Glad to hear it

But I think somebody already said that even that thin bit of car body is giving false sense of security already!

Bull bars are for farmers and foresters: they have no place on ordinary roads.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 13:33   #57
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 474
Thanked: 25 Times
Talking Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bull bars are for farmers and foresters: they have no place on ordinary roads.
I do not see the Chevorlet Forester being sold with a Bull Bar.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 14:13   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Bro yaar you know i will take your word i don't need to ask anyone else i trust you with my car
Good then before u get your car fixed remove the exhaust (good for nothing only makes noise like engine gonna blow up any second) and i wish i could say the same for K&N (crap - no offense), but as its giving you FE improvements keep it.

Then get yer car fixed and shod them with Michelin and then i will show you how to take turns @100+.

And no need to sell the car all there are just some small dents on doors and stuff that will come out easily.

List of stuff you need to get done (print it or note i down)
1. Remove the exhaust and get back to stock.
2. Denting Painting and getting car fixed.
3. Get suspension fixed
4. Get the car serviced good and flush the engine.
5. Change tyres

Last but not the least start driving slow. Remember this Car doesn't have to feel you, but you have to feel the car.

After all this is done then we will see if your car is worthy to drag with mine.

P.S. I am not advising him to sell the car because i dont want the NHC, Skoda Superb and Inovas to have the same fate as his Alto. So please dont encourage him to sell this car.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 18:31   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Glad to hear it

But I think somebody already said that even that thin bit of car body is giving false sense of security already!
thanks bro for guiding me

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I do not see the Chevorlet Forester being sold with a Bull Bar.

i think he talking about the forest officers and not chevy forestor


Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Good then before u get your car fixed remove the exhaust (good for nothing only makes noise like engine gonna blow up any second) and i wish i could say the same for K&N (crap - no offense), but as its giving you FE improvements keep it.

Then get yer car fixed and shod them with Michelin and then i will show you how to take turns @100+.

And no need to sell the car all there are just some small dents on doors and stuff that will come out easily.

List of stuff you need to get done (print it or note i down)
1. Remove the exhaust and get back to stock.
2. Denting Painting and getting car fixed.
3. Get suspension fixed
4. Get the car serviced good and flush the engine.
5. Change tyres

Last but not the least start driving slow. Remember this Car doesn't have to feel you, but you have to feel the car.

After all this is done then we will see if your car is worthy to drag with mine.

P.S. I am not advising him to sell the car because i dont want the NHC, Skoda Superb and Inovas to have the same fate as his Alto. So please dont encourage him to sell this car.
bro you are going to be with the whole next week while the car gets repaired and repainted the first four step which you told me are gong to happen very soon and last step will take place in the following months as soon as the current set becomes racing slicks

and you know dads is never going to let me touch the other cars so no need to worry of them getting in the same condition as the alto
manikjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 19:23   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,611
Thanked: 6,698 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i think he talking about the forest officers and not chevy forestor
I think he realises; notice the smiley. It's a good thing I didn't suggest that they might be for ambassadors !
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes got rear-ended! Claim from the other party's insurance? Mad Monkey Street Experiences 13 25th May 2010 21:31
My friend's car got totaled after being rear-ended krazydriver84 Street Experiences 14 5th August 2009 15:14
I got rear-ended again. Abes Street Experiences 14 11th July 2009 19:01
My Alto rear-ended by a fool! BUXX Street Experiences 12 13th March 2009 18:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks